Changes

He gave into her eyes quietly, then lightly touched her cheek. "I know what hate feels like and I don't feel that for you. You are not to blame for what happened. My aunt was the one who unleashed it all, not you."

She shook her head slightly and tried to move back slightly, "No. You wouldn't have been a victim to that if it hadn't been for me trying to save your life by using a portion of my own magic..." Sighing Maelith tried to think of a way to explain.

Gavin sits up a little watching her carefully. He didn't force her to stay near him. "Tell me about it then?"

She sighed heavily then tilted her head, "It was lifetimes ago. Truly lifetimes. Like five or six I think..." She ran a hand through her hair, "We used to be deeply in love. You were dying. Selfishly I tried to make you immortal. It caused you to become deadly to any and all to get close to you. You killed me after that. I've been trying to right that wrong since. Only today was I finally able to do so."

He stared at her carefully. "Then it's time we change the pattern. I can understand wanting to keep a loved one alive...." He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair.

He looks at her. "I've been in the profession of killing which means I need to know the patterns and if a pattern didn't work for me, I changed it. We just need to change it."

She hadn't a clue how that worked so she simply stared at him then nodded, "I suppose it is worth a shot..."

He shrugs. "Everything is always worth trying. Though it would be good to tell my sister about this unless she already knows then she'll know to keep her big bad brother uncontrol."

Maelith made a face at him then stretched out, "Biting... Some how that doesn't bother me in the least."

Maelith glance at him then as she was trying to think straight again. Her head was frazzled at this point.

She nodded obediantly as she snuggled closer into his arms. She soon found herself asleep. Her dreams were of flying high in the sky where nothing bad could reach her.

Gavin remained awake the rest of the time though, he wanted her to sleep. He would watch over her so that she could sleep. His arms wrapped gently around her the entire time.

Maelith murmured gentle nonsense in her sleep abbout flying and the beautiful world below. Slowly she began to awake as she snuggled closer to the warmth that held her. It was wonderful.

Back