Shattered Isles Chapter 0: Meeting like this...

Oh thank the lordeeth Fae, wherever they are. The doe stopped keeping an eye on Maria. She just looked like she was a bit out of it. But not a threat.

Senda visibly relaxed as soon as Kalei talked about the gods and the sky. He'd try to hold on to those words, they warmed his one heart and made his stomach feel warm. When the shorter man offered to help him with his chains, Sends moved closer and laid his lower half next to the fire. The he offered Kalei his wrists.

"Please, do. And... Thank you for understanding." The doe stared at the fire instead, now, as if it'd move on its own and hurt them.

"You don't need to thank me," Kalei smiled brightly. "If anything, I don't understand. It's never made sense to me that anyone could think that a person is something you can own. I don't think I ever want to understand the way a person like that thinks. Now, let's see..."

Reaching down to his side, he unfastened the cap of his waterskin, and with a gesture drew a tendril of water out of it to snake up and towards the manacles. The water slipped into the cuffs' keyhole, flooding the lock mechanism within until it was pressurised enough that he couldn't force any more in. His eyes were narrowed with focus, tongue sticking out of the corner of his mouth. "Okay, and now..."

Another slight gesture of his hand and the water solidified, turning to ice. There was a sharp crack as the densely packed water expanded all at once, and in doing so burst the lock entirely. The broken shackles dropped to the floor, and Kalei sat back with a grin, returning the ice to its liquid form and withdrawing it into the skin. "Tadah!"

That was elemental magic! Just how powerful was this little man?. Senda's ears perked up and the doe stopped watching the fire to stare at Kalei instead. He felt a shiver go through his body, because instinctually the doe was a bit concerned. Just to what degree could this man manipulate water?.

The cerv moved his wrists and hands around a bit, rubbing them gently. They were sore and it was nice not to feel the weight of the shackles.

"Thank you, I... That was fascinating to see. If you could repeat it a few more times though?" He stood, careful not to accidentally push or shove Kalei. His ankles, all four, also had shackles with broken chains attached.

Back