Dark Stuides

The place was so strange to her with all its items. Shivering a little she rubbed her arms then forces herself to relax. The feeling of not being alone was heavy on her but she passed it off as just the effect of the dog.

When the man approached and greeted her, she returned the smile and nods softly. "I was curious. I go to the college not far from here and have been for a while. Never knew the store was here."

Something felt so weird but she ignored it and remembered the question the man told her to ask when she found the man who claimed to be the warlock. "I was wondering if you could make a blue rose for me?"

Markus blinked at her then tilted his head slightly, "I don't try to make myself overly well known is all," He offered a smile to her then with a snap of his fingers a small blue flame appeared above them burning upwards till it burned out. In its place was a blue rose that seemed a vibrant as if it was just cut. He held it out to her with a look of contiplation. He was studying her for some reason or other.

"Who sent you to find me?" He asked softly as he walked over to the chairs and took up the other on the left of the table. His expression was less friendly and more cautious. It wasn't often he bumped into some one that asked for proof of who he was properly.

Her eyes widen in amazement at the sight of the blue rose. It was a beautiful display and left her in awe. She gently accepted it from him. "That was amazing."

Then she tenses a little when he asked her who sent her. This was were things where going to get interesting she felt. She hesitates a moment. The feeling of uneasy grew as she looks to him from where he had sat. "Well...it's kind of a weird story..."

"I was studying late at the library and found a book. I took it home and found out that it has a man trapped in it. He told me about asking you to make the rose." She was unsure if she should of said any of it. It was hard to ignore the urge to run but she didn't and stayed where she was.

Leaning back in his chair the male glanced at the large black dog who had lift its head to look at the girl, "Show me," he murmured as he motioned for her to sit next to him in the empty chair, "Don't worry I won't bite or turn you into something else. It's just a little odd you found something like that," Markus glanced at the dog as if it had been speaking to him. His eyes narrowed at the beast before it gave a huff and laid its head back down.

Its tail swished slightly as if the thought of someone being closer appealed to him. After all dogs were man's best friend. His eyes could be barely seen from behind the fall of his shaggy black fur. Something about them was human like. Perhaps intellegent.

Inside the book the demon closed his eyes as he tried to listen to what was being said. He hoped things were going well.

She hesitated for a moment. His words about not biting or turning her into anything wasn't as comforting as she thought they would be. As she looked to the dog though, something calmed her and she nods softly. Stepping over to the chair she sat down and pulled her backpack from her shoulders and sat it in her lap so she could pull the book free.

Her eyes glance to the dog curiously. Was she seeing things again? She was really wondering if her mind was playing tricks on her or if it was truly as she saw it.

Moving gently, she put her bag on the floor beside her feet then with the book in her lap she looks to the warlock. "It was in the back section, I was putting some books away and found it there."

Gently she opened the book to the pages she had seen the man on before.

The warlock leaned forward clearly interested. He hadn't seen a dimetional prison before but was very much aware they existed and they tended to be for those that had done something wrong. Justified or not. When she opened the book and he saw the red ink he pulled away, "A demon," He scoffed, "Do you know anything about him?" He asked as if the man wasn't there and couldn't hear him.

Hexel glared at the Warlock for a moment then stated --well wrote-- that his being a demon didn't matter. He rolled his eyes and scoffed about warlocks being annoying.

"I read you know," The warlock retorted which earned a huff from the dog who stood, stretched then came around to place his head on the arm rest of the chair Mary sat in. His large eyes were golden as he stared up at her then sniffed at the book.

Mary blinked slightly as she watched the warlock and the man retort at each other. It wasn't what she expected but then again she wasn't sure what to expect. She shakes her head at his question. "Just that he was put in here by another warlock for killing the man who had killed his lover." She said.

When the dog came over to her and placed his head on the arm, she smiled and relaxed a little again. Gently she reached over and petted the dog. He felt so soft despite all the shag. His eyes were what captured her though. They were so beautiful to her.

After a moment more of back and forth the warlock nodded slightly, "I can get him out but he is your responability. If he kills any one. It's on you, clear?" he wasn't about to take no for an anwser it seemed. Hexel looked as if he was about to say something but kept quiet for now. He didn't want to be a pity case but sadly he was.

The dog sighed as he leaned into the girl's petting. This seemed to finally draw the attetion of the warlock to the dog, "Damn it, Locket your supposed to be minding your own business."

Locket just grinned at the human male and let Mary pet him more. The warlock would get up and walk over to the selves of books to pluck one off the top middle shelf before returning.

Her responsibility? It wasn't like the guy had killed anyone that didn't deserve it right? She was making the right choice. He had been in there long enough she thought. She nods her agreement, still petting the shaggy dog.

She smiles at the name he used for the dog. It was a sweet name and it seemed the dog wasn't going to listen to the warlock. She didn't mind the dog though there was part of her that wanted to ask if the dog wasn't a dog at all but something else or someone else.

As the warlock got up she looked over at him ,watching curiously.

He held his hand out for the book that served as a prison for the demon, "Let retire to the back room," he murmured, "Locket secure the front door. We wouldn't want a mundane to see something they can't handle now would we?" The dog tilted his head then headed over to the door. As he walked his form started to change. He rose from standing on four feet to two. He still was very much dog like but somehow more human. He locked the door and walked back over to the two.

"Locket is a fae hound," came a soft yet deep growling voice from the beast. His large golden eyes blinked down at her as he leaned down slightly to show he was still friendly. The warlock huffed and headed behind the counter to the door he had entered from.

"You tow coming or you staying?" He asked in a voice that sounded a little annoyed. It wasn't her it was the dog. He was just always so friendly.

She handed the book over to the warlock and stood up. Her eyes widen in surprise as the dog changed. That answered her questions about the dog for sure. It was all so fascinating to her. What had she gotten herself into? This was very far from her normal life but then again, her own life hadn't been normal had it?

Pushing her thoughts away as the warlock called for them, she turns to follow, smiling to the dog. For some reason though all of this strange the dog was a comfort to her. Once in the back room she bites her lip a little and once more questioned herself about what she had gotten into.

The back room was set up like a like on might expect for a warlock. A large circle was drawn on the floor with some white substance which was barren of most objects. A table sat on the far side of the room with various items covering it. A podium sat close to the circle. Putting the prison book in the middle of the circle with it opened to the pages the demon inhabited he sat the other on the podium, "I would suggest you two wait by that table over there," He pointed to the one with all the items on it.

Once they were out of the way the warlock would scan over the spell and smile before beginning. He chanted a few strings of versus in a language that wasn't human. This caused the white powers circle to take on a pale glow before the prison book was lifted off the floor with an unseen wind. Once to a certain height it began to ooze that red liquid from its pages. The liquid fell to the floor froming a portal in which the demon rose from chains and all. The chain and ink quickly turned to black sand and feel off his form.

The demon looked like some might expect. Devilishly handsome with his long black hair and nearly red brown eyes. His body was lean as he stood around sex feet in height. His loin cloth seemed to provide him with just the barest modisty. The gentle raise and fall of his chest was something that allowed some one to see he wasn't a statue but a living breathing man. Slowly he took in the room around him while he rubbed his wrists.

Markus stared at the demon then gave a sigh. The dog nosed the cheek of the female trying to figure out if she was alright.

She did as told and went over to the table and stood there. She watched as everything unfurled. There was amazement and shock in her eyes. That had just happened. She just watched a book float and ooze blood and then the man from the pages was now standing before them

She had never seen such a man before but then she scolded herself. He wasn't a man at all but a demon and she had just helped with freeing him. Was it still a good idea?

When she felt Locket nudge her, she gently touches his head. "Im okay." She smiles a little but was still in a little bit of shock. That really all just happened.

"Forgive me," His voice was rough as if he had a dry throat, "But might I borrow some cloth? And water to get cleaned up?" He spoke slow and drawn out as if trying not to say something incorrect.

The warlock gave a shrug, "You can't shower here, not that you would know what that is, But I do have a spare set of clothes you can have," he explained before going to another door in the room and opening it. Disappearing inside her rummaged about appearing a moment later with jeans, a shirt, and flipflops for the demon, "here."

Hexel accepted the cothing and bowed slightly before glancing over the garments. He might not have known what they were called but it didn't take him long to figure out how to use them. Without thought he had discarded his loin cloth not that one could see much with how long his hair was. Dressed he brushed his hair from his face with his hand. Finally he gave his attention to Mary.

"I'm known as Hexel," He told her, "Hex is fine as well."

When he had stripped ,she had looked away, letting her eyes study the floor for a bit. She bites her lip a little. So many questions were running through her mind but she forces them all away and when he spoke again, she looks over to him.

He looked so out of place in the clothes but for her sanity it was good that he was wearing them. She nods a little to him and smiles a bit. "I'm Mary." She says and manages to smile.

They needed to get him back to her apartment so he could clean up, she was sure he would feel even better after one. They were gonna have to have some ground rules though, especially about the clothes thing.

Markus face palmed then moved to get a pair of scissors and held them out to the demon, "You might want to cut some of your beard off," The demon blinked but took the object then carefully started to trim his beard when most of it was gone he smiled looking a little more normal.

Locket panted slightly then headed into the other room. With Markus not far behind him, "Oh by the way," He turned to the female, "Payment is that you keep him under control."

Hexel held his arm out for the woman before him, "Shall we go?" He asked as his stomach growled letting every one know he was in need of food as well as a shower.

She blinks a little and looks up at the warlock. Was there a book on demon handling. Like a demons 101 book. "Hmmmm you have any pointers?" She asks.

When Hexel held his arm out for her, she accepted it. At the sound of his stomach she blinks a bit and nods "I have a ton of food at home. I'll make something for you while you shower." She smiles a bit.

Markus paused at the door then looked back at him, "Just remember he's far stronger and faster than you in nearly every way possible. They tend to make better guard dogs than some other beasts," he glanced at the fae dog that just wagged his tail and panted open mouth without much of a care, "Leave me your number so I can call or text you with other information I think of." He pointed to a pin and paper on the counter in the other room.

Hexel sighed softly as she put her hand on his arm. The warmth he gave off was almost feverish but clearly normal for him as he didn't seem ill by any means. He would smell like dust and stale air. He was gentle as he walked forward with her to the counter so she could write her number down before leading her out the door. Once outside he looked to her to lead the way to her home.

The warmth felt soothing in a way to her and she relaxed a bit. She nods to the warlock and went to the counter with Hexel. She got her phone number down and then headed out the door with Hexel after saying bye to Locket and Markus.

Once outside she smiles a bit. "This way." She leads Hexel down the side wall which lead to her apartment. Once there she got him inside and nods to the bathroom. "I'll show you how to work the water and then you can shower and I'll get some food made for you so you can eat. I'm sure you are hungry. What kind of good do you like anyways?" She asks curiously.

Her cat came running over, stopped and stared at Hexel as if unsure of what to make of him yet.

Hexel took a moment to look around at what was now the world he lived in. It had change much over the years. Strange things surrounded him and made him nervous. Once they were inside the safety of her appartment he gave a heavy sigh. It would take some getting used to he mused to himself. While she told him what she would do next he nodded slightly clearly trying to keep up and understand.

Though as the cat ran up to him he passed and stared down at it. Crouching down to more its level he stared eye to eye with they tiny beast, "Not so big now are you?" He asked as he held out his right hand for the cat to decide if he liked him or not.

"I will eat anything, Mary," he told her. After all he was sure she wasn't used to his normal diet from the days before he had been sealed. After all a starving man care little what he put in his mouth just as long as it was edible.

Back