Dark Stuides

Her cat gazed at the offered hand for a moment before touching it with her paw and then stepping forward and rubbing against it. The sound of purring soon filled the room. The cat's reaction to him seemed to calm her a bit. The last person her cat had come across, she hadn't liked and it had not ended well for her cat or her. She pushes the thoughts of the past away and smiles softly. "Okay. I'll get something made for you."

Once he was done creating with the cat, she showed him the shower and how it worked, letting him test out the temperature that he liked. She gave him a towel and showed him the shampoo and soap was. Then left the room before he could start undressing again. She would have to set some ground rules but she found herself wanting to get him showered and fed first, that way they could sit and talk and she could pull her computer out and answer any questions about the time period he now lived in. She was sure he would have questions, his reactions to the things outside told her as much but she didn't want to overwhelm him so soon.

There would be time and plus break was coming up so she would be able to hopefully get him situation on how the world was now before she had to return to classes. She heads into the kitchen and starts to put together a meal that was quick and also good for someone who hasn't eating in a while. Figuring that his stomach may reject a heavy meal, she choose rice with some beef chops and some carrots. Something she had learned to make from her neighbors. She was smiling a little as she cooked. She enjoyed doing it and had learned much from the help of her neighbors in the pass few years of living there.

The demon smiled at the cat and rubbed the top of its head with his finger tips. The softness of its fur made him grin. At least these little beasts still roamed about and provided something familiar. Once she left he stipped the climbed into the shower. He turned it to nearly just hot water and let it was away th last years he had been through. Washing his long hair had been a hassle at first but got easy once he realize how to best use the flow of water and how much shampoo. Clean finally he got out towel off his body and hair.

In moments he located a razor and shaved off most of his beard till it was just a goatee. His long hair fell down his back. Not wanting to get his neew shirt wet he left it off but pulled on the jeans. Whe he finished cleaning up the mess he had left he exited only to stop in his tracks as he smelled something that made his stomach gurgle more. Food. Following his nose he found the food and his hostess, "Hello," He greeted as he took her in with those red-brown eyes.

She had been lost in her cooking and had even forgotten she wasn't alone in the small apartment. She was in the process of getting the food onto plates when she heard him say hello. When she looked up at him, it was like staring at someone new. "Uh..Hey.." She blinks a bit and forces her mind and mouth to work as she smiles to him. " Have a seat. It's all ready." She says and sets down a plate of food on the table for him. Then she gets a glass of milk and sets that down as well for him. She hoped he liked it all and hoped she had made enough. Her own appetite was there but little.

Her own exhaustion was starting to sneak up on her and she wasn't sure if she could stay awake much longer but she would. It was so weird but she did want to make sure he was okay before she even started to try and lay down.

He gave her a devilish grin as he slauntered over to a chair and slipped into it. Demons knew what they did to humans most of the time if they reacted or not in return was always a matter of question. Hexel reacted mostly because she was about to give him food and he believed her to be a saint for such an act. His eyes tracked her movements like a hawk does a field mouse. He took deep breaths through his nose drawing in the scent of the food that was being placed before him. When she was close enough he place and hand on hers to draw her gaze to his own, "Thank you," He murmured softly, "I feel like a child again with how joyous I feel over something so simple as getting cleaned up and having a meal."

He noticed the tired look on her face and with little thought drew her down onto his lap. He was happy to have a warm body against his own. His gaze flickered across the plate of food he wasn't sure he had seen before and the silverware, "What are these?" he asked pointing to the entire set up and the food. His restraint from just diving into the food without question was wearing thin as it was. But he needed to learn about the world he was in.

When he touched her hand, she turned her eyes to him and smiles at his words. "You are very welcome. " She smiles again. An instant blush filled her face when he pulled her into his lap. It wasn't anything she had expected from him but she felt comfortable there. It was hard for her to explain.

When he asked about the utensils, she let the question distract her and nods to the fork and the spoon. "That one is called a fork and the other is a spoon. You scoop the food onto it and eat that way. The food is rice, beef and carrots. Figured it would be filling but not to heavy on the stomach. Don't know how demon stomachs are but figured if you eat something too heavy you might get sick." She looks at him a little and says. "You don't have to wait to eat. I can teach you everything you want to learn but I know you have to be hungry." She says as if she knew what it was like to be starved.

Last edited:
Hexel nodded slightly as he picked up the fork and scooped a bit of rice onto it before lifting it to his nose to sniff at it then put it in his mouth. He chewed slowly tasting and savoring the flavor that lingered on his tongue. He did the same with the carrots and the beef, "This is all very good," He told her before eating a bit more. He didn't scarf it down instead he ate like someone who enjoyed food.

After a while he motioned to the plate that was half consumed already, "You will eat as well will you not?" How odd that he felt the need despite his own deep hunger to make sure she was well and had some herself. Due to the time era he was from he didn't see anything odd in the way he held her on his lap.

She had let herself relax in his lap as she watched him eat. It was all so strange, him, how she was so relaxed with him. It was not how she usually was at all. It didn't bother her but it did make her wonder if it was good for her to be so relaxed around him.

When he mentioned to her about eating, she nods a little. "Yes, I will. Just tired right now. I'll probably eat after a nap or something." She smiles a little.

He gave a nod as he sat his fork down then scooped her up into his arms, "Where do you sleep?" he asked softly. Hexel wanted her to take care of herself even if that meant leaving him to his own devices for a time. He stood as if she was a light as a child. It could easily remind her that he wasn't human and human traits didn't always apply to him. He would likely be up for hours just wondering about her little home taking it in slowly.

She tenses a bit when he suddenly picked her up. This was definitely not anything she was used to. As she stared up into his face, the idea of arguing came to mind again but once more she found herself unable to put the thought into action.

Instead she nodded to him and motions to a door that was off to the left. My bed is in there." She says.

When he brought her to the room it reveals a queen sized bed that had fresh sheets on it and as if she hadn't slept in the bed in a while. The walls were blank and empty of pictures and posters. The color scheme a mix of purples which was just the bed set and that was it other than a solid wood dresser in the corner

Hexel shouldered the door open before stepping into the room that made him blink. Purple was a color he hadn't seen too often except in stones and flowers. It was pleasant he found as he moved over to what he assumed was a bed. He laid her down on it gently, "If you need me call out my name," He told her as he stare down at her. He was leaning over her which cause his long unbound black hair to slide down his arms and over her as well.

His words, she believed him. That he would be there if she called. There was comfort in that and she nods softly to him smiling a little. "Thank you. Eat as much as you want. I can make more when I wake up." She smiles softly

The touch of his hair was so softly, it made her forget for a moment that he was towering over her and was indeed not human but a strong demon. Yet he hadn't harmed her or even tried to.

She smiles again to him as the exhaustion finally won and she ended up closing her eyes. Sleep came quicker than it had in a long time and her body relaxed.

Hexel found himself watching her sleep for a few moments before he pulled a blanket over her, "Let the weaver weave a dream for you," He murmured out of habit as he moved away from her and back to his meal. He left her door open so he could hear should she need him. Sitting down he munched away at his food before glancing around for the cat that was likely around.

As soon as he sat back down in the chair, the large feline jumped down from the window and made her way over to Hexel. She sat down at his feet and gently pawed at his pant leg before rubbing against his legs. She would meow softly up to him and continue to demand attention as most felines did. Her long fur soft but creating a little static as she rubbed him.

Mary had fallen into a deep sleep that kept her out for several hours. It was a first for her in so many years to actually sleep so well. She savored that sleep and curled up beneath the blanket he had placed over her. The warmth of it was welcoming but after a few hours, she broke out in the cold sweat as before, her breathing getting heavy and soon the tossing and turning started.

With a sharp sound, she woke from her sleep. Her body was trembling and it took her a moment to collect herself this time. She pushes her hair from her face and sits up a little. Taking a deep breath she spoke quietly. "It's over. It's over. Just a memory now." she sighs and closes her eyes.

Cutting a bit of meat he held it out to the cat, "She is sleeping well so far," He commented softly with a smile letting the cat rub on his leg. Once he was finished eating he moved over to the couch and sat down to quietly relax. For a few hours he settled for petting the cat and resting slowly. The sound of heavy breathing made him open his eyes as he glanced over to the room where he had left Mary. Setting the cat aside he stood to make his way over to the door way to watch for now to make sure she was alright.

The nightmare that had her ensnared made him frown slightly. Just as he started to move over to her bed she jerked upwards with a shout which made him take a step backwards unsure if she was going to attack him or run away, "Mary," He called her name ever so softly. Her words made him move over to her despite not getting a reply. He crouched near the bed and placed a hand on her knee, "Kireina," he called her beautiful in an old language intending to get her to calm down slightly.

Her cat enjoyed ever bit of the attention she was getting and showed as much as she purred and rubbed in to his hands. Once he moved her though to get up, she sauntered away and went to her perch in the window once more.

Mary hadn't heard him speak her name at first. It was the second time he spoke and when he touched her knee that she realized she wasn't alone. Jumping a little from the contact before relaxing again as she realized who it was. She had at least managed to keep from crying this time as she had done in the past. Shaking her head slightly, she pushes her hair from her face again as it had fallen once more. "Sorry...I'm okay." She then manages a smile already seeming as if she had pushed the horrible nightmare out of her mind. "Did you get enough to eat? I can make you some more if you are still hungry." She says and moves to try and stand up.

The male tilted his head to the side as she jumped from his touch, "You can't fool me little one," He murmured as he moved onto the bed and pulled her into his arms, "Tell me about it if you want," He rested his chin on her head in a comforting manner, "I got plenty to eat, you should eat if you can," Hexel leaned back slightly so he could look down at her and pull her hair from her face.

His arms were so welcoming to her. It was a feeling she hadn't expected but she let it relax her and to calm her further. It was only the past, she thought over and over in her mind for a moment and then he asked the question. If he was going to stay there and she was going to teach him, then it was only right that he know. After all he had told her about his past. Then when he mentioned her eating, she nods a little. "Okay...I"ll eat." She smiles faintly then nods. "I want to tell you about it...."

It was strange, she hadn't told anyone about it except for the cops and a therapist she saw for a year. No one else knew about it. They knew she had something happen but not the details of it. She was quietly a moment then decides it better to tell him now than to eat and then tell him. She may lose her appetite if she told him while trying to eat.

"Almost two years ago there were killings taking place on the campus. The cops were having a hard time tracking down the killer or figuring out a motive. The victims were never the same and nothing added up." She felt her body tensing up a little as she thought back to that week. It had only been a week but it felt like it had been so much longer. "I was heading home from classes one day. Everyone was being extra careful, so was I. Only out during the day, didn't go out after dark. Careful." She shakes her head. "I don't remember what happened, I hadn't made it to home that day. Something hit me on the neck and I blacked out."

She shakes her head a little, staring at the wall a bit now as she was brought back to that memory. "I woke to a room. I was chained by my ankles to the floor. A masked man would come into the room at random times." She shakes her head. "Did horrible things...." She trembles a bit then shakes her head. "I was there for just a week before I was found. The cops told me they killed the guy when he tried to fight them and that it was over." She shakes her head once more. "The guy turned out to be someone who lived here in the town and lived next to the college but when they showed me his body...I don't think it was the right guy. He was smaller, the masked man was much bigger." She sighs "But no one had died since that day and no one has disappeared either so maybe they did and I was just imagining him being bigger after being trapped in that room." She moves her pant leg a little to reveal the scarring from the shackles that had been around her ankles. She wouldn't show him the rest of the scars, there were too many to count.

As he leaned back he pulled her down on his chest, "Good," Was all he said in response to her telling him she would eat. He did his best to console her while she told him of her terrors. The story made him want to rip whoever had done it appart with his own bare hands. A soft growl came from him, "I hope they did because I wouldn't kill him for harming the innocent. You didn't deserve that. I doubt any one would," He hugged her close and nuzzled her hair, "It will never happen again," He promised as if that was all it took to settle the qualms she felt.

He disliked how he felt so violent at the moment. Closing his eyes he took deep breath and held her close. There was something deep inside of him that longed to protect those that couldn't do so themselves.

When he said that it would never happen again, she found herself believing those words, believing him. She found irony in the fact that it was a demon whose arms she was curled up in was the one chasing away the demon in her mind. Nodding a little, she stayed nuzzled to him, closing her eyes as she just let's herself relax, letting the tension slip away.

She laid like that for a while in his arms, savoring the safety she felt and the calmness that was there. Then it was her stomachs turn to growl in under. Mary smiles a little. "I guess I better eat." she says and moves gently to sit up. She looks to him. "I've never talked to anyone about that...Only the cops know." she says and then smiles a little. "Thank you for that...for listening." She says.

A chuckle escaped him at the sound of her stomach growling. Though he enjoyed being a comforting force to the woman in his arms. The smile she gave him caused him to return it, "Go eat, Mary," he told her as she moved from his grasp. The smile lingered on his lips as he sat there on the bed for a moment after she left before he got up and followed her. He was sure it was just the fact that he hadn't had contact with some one in so long that made him want her in so many ways.

Taking up his place on the couch he relaxed and watched her move about in the kitchen. Her movements were fluid and graceful.

Back