Death Against Death [1x1]

Zulemia smirked, legs crossed and one hand on her knee. "Don't you see?" She jumped off the chair, red kitten heels clicking on the ground. She looked around the walls, wondering for a moment if she would be better to transform as to avoid harm. She decided against it. "You're so under appreciated in Heaven. In Hell, you'll be praised for your powers. Everyone would love you."

Adria was tempted by the offer it would be nice to be cared about... But demons lie they can't be trusted. "Your a demon you lie even if your not lieing why do you care if I'm happy or not?" Adria was on guard incase the demon tried something. "How do you even know who i am.... or how they treat me..?" her tone grew somber remembering how the angels treat her.

Last edited:
Zulemia shook her head. "Not all demons lie, Adria. Many of us want what's best for the other non-human folk. It's all bad stereotypes." She took a few careful steps forward. "Down in hell, there are three higher demons: Mater Praeteritum, Mater Praesenti, and Mater Futurae," she said. "Mater Praeteritum knows everything about the past. Mater Praesenti knows everything about the present. Mater Futurae knows everything about the future, and she sees great things in your future if you come with us."

Adria wanted to say no but... there was something about this demon that made some small part of her trust her like everything would be ok. "You did not answer my question why do you want me to go with you?" Adria did not back away but instead went closer to the demon until they were only a few inches apart. "And who are you...?" She wanted to know the name of the beautiful demon in front of her. Adria glanced at the demons lips wondering what it would be like to kiss her.. She quickly reverts her eyes away from the demon She shouldn't be thinking of something like that they were enemy's... But did they have to be? She could join her.. leave the angels.. maybe she could finally be happy for once. But what it was worse there? what if she just wanted to watch her burn in hell for eternity for her to suffer even more. The demon could feel the doubt and fear from her but also the small bit of hope that it was true.

Last edited:
Zulemia didn't look away from Adria's eyes, not wanting to look untrustworthy by looking away. "Because there's a better life for you in Hell," she said. Her eyes widened when she realised that she hadn't told the angel of death her name. "Oh. Zulemia Malum. Spelt with a Z." She laughed a little at the somewhat odd name, and held out a hand. "Mia will do fine, though."

Adria smiled slightly upon hearing Mia laugh. It was nice Adria realized something at that moment... When was the last time she smiled? She couldn't recall the last time she felt happy or even laughed... Maybe the demon was right.. Adria shakes the demons hand the smile still on her face. "Adria.. But you already knew that.."

Zulemia laughed. "I suppose I did," she said. She took a step back and perched on the bar stool. She spun around another one for Adria to sit on. "Take a seat. You can ask some questions," she offered.

Andria sits on the stool. "hmmm whats hell like..? and other demons?" Adria wanted to know what she was going to get into if she went with mia. Andria began to relax knowing that the demon had no intention to harm her now.

Last edited:
Zulemia rubbed her palms together. "Very little of it is fire and brimstone," she said. "You don't have to go anywhere near that bit, however. Actually, you don't even have to come down that often. The only times you have to are when you report in for the night. You can sleep here, if you wanted, but there are dorms down there too." She thought for a moment about the other demons. "Well, the folk you'll probably be around more are the Demons of Death - like myself - and the other fallen angels." She stuck her tongue out at 'fallen angels', and shook her head. "At least, that's probably what you know them as. We call them 'smart angels'."

Andria couldn't help but laugh at the smart angels comment. "Thats nice to know i guess... at least i would be able to go somewhere they dont let me up in heaven anymore after i broke all their harps they were so mad!" Andria was enjoying her time with this demon. "Heaven is... boring to be honest its all sunny all the time and its peaceful but nothing is done."

Zulemia shook her head. "In hell, there is a specific area where you can go to cause any sort of mayhem," she said. "Where all the souls are kept, that is. The pit of fire. You can do all sorts there, no one really minds."

"really....? good to know i will probably spend some time there..." Hell was already sounding better then heaven.

Zulemia nodded. "You shouldn't do so much chaos in other places, though. And definitely don't mess with any souls that are outside the pit of fire," she warned. "If they're not in the pit, it'll probably belong to a Mater or a Pater."

Andria nods her head. "Alright good to know... SO what is a mater and pater?" Andria was fully relaxed now and felt as if she was talking to a friend... A friend thats nice.... "Hey.... can we be friends..?" Andria glances around nervously thinking that was stupid to ask.

Zulemia's eyes widened, and she laughed. Oh, if only this angel knew. "Of course," she said sweetly. "Maters and Paters are very strong, very old demons. They control factions of us other demons," she explained. "For example, Mater Malum creates and rules all the Demons of Death, like myself. Pater Fur creates demons that steal, and so on and so forth. You will serve under Mater Sanctus, the mother of the Fallen."

"What's matar Sanctus like?" Andria wanted to cheer with joy she had a friend finally.... What do Friends even do..? "So... What do friends do exactly..?" She was clearly very clueless about many things when it came to other people.

Zulemia shook her head and shrugged. "I don't really know. I've never encountered her. I've heard that she's quite calm. Really, all she does is makes sure you're not a spy," she said.

"Oh.. ok" Andria tried to think of more questions but nothing came to mind at the moment. Her phone buzzed with another alert that someone had died early. She was about to go respond but then stopped. Why should she even help heaven anymore its not like they treat her well anyway. Andira sets the phone down. "No need for me to do that anymore.."

Zulemia looked at the phone and laughed. She reached over and scooped it up. "So...you have contact to Heaven with this...thing, yes?" She asked, turning it over in her hand. She'd never had a phone, or even held one. They weren't really a thing in Hell.

"Mhm the others use scrolls... they are very big and a tradition.... as you can tell i wasn't one for any kind of tradition of heaven.. Nor their style or... music.... they only have about six songs and its all with those stupid harps..." Just remembering those stupid songs made her cringe. "In heaven nothing changes at all its just the same everywhere.. i like the mortal realm they always are changing never stagnant and have much better music...and food.."

Back