Introduction I guess...

BookThief

Welp, I like roleplaying. I recently discovered it and instantly began to prosper. I like writing and reading, so it would only make sense to have roleplaying as a hobby.

Welcome Storyteller! It is so wonderful to have you. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a message. :D

~M

Heya, BookThief!

Welcome to the circle! Can you tell us what kind of roleplays you prefer? There are quite a bit of genres! Fantasy, sci-fi, realistic, fanfiction, etc.!

Hello and welcome to Storyteller! I hope you will enjoy being here! Once you get approved there are plenty of roleplay's to join that are just starting up and seem interesting! While waiting you can come hang out in the chat or check out the main lobby to see if there is anything you wish to say on any of the threads =)! When you are more involved with the community the approval process goes by faster!

I prefer roleplays of topics that I know the most about. I haven't explored much, but I'd say I prefer medieval, fantasy, and apocalyptic.

I don't really have a preference as long as it's entertaining.
Okay. I was just asking because many people have different things they do good at. Are you new to rp? If so, I can help teach you how it all works. Heck, we could even start our own rp once you've been approved, if you like!

If you want to get approved just hang out with the community, aka. us! Tell us what books you like, your favorite movie, etc. You could even write a short story! You should have your account approved by tomorrow. Remember, the staff are very busy, and the site has been flooded with new users. It might take a short while, but remember, patience is key.

Okay. I was just asking because many people have different things they do good at. Are you new to rp? If so, I can help teach you how it all works. Heck, we could even start our own rp once you've been approved, if you like!

If you want to get approved just hang out with the community, aka. us! Tell us what books you like, your favorite movie, etc. You could even write a short story! You should have your account approved by tomorrow. Remember, the staff are very busy, and the site has been flooded with new users. It might take a short while, but remember, patience is key.

Okay, thanks for your help. I was told if I recieved a trophy that would mean I was approved, is that correct? And I'm new to roleplay sites, but I have roleplayed a few times before.

Okay, thanks for your help. I was told if I recieved a trophy that would mean I was approved, is that correct? And I'm new to roleplay sites, but I have roleplayed a few times before.
Depends on what the trophy is. I believe you can see what you got, but I'm not certain. Also, what kind of roleplaying have you done before? Tabletop, text based, etc. There are different roleplays for different people, so if you can tell me some of your interests, I can help you find the right one for you.

Well, to be quite honest with you, the only roleplays I've ever really done were on the app called Clash of Clans. You'd just pick a character and go with it.

Well, to be quite honest with you, the only roleplays I've ever really done were on the app called Clash of Clans. You'd just pick a character and go with it.
Ah, I see where you're coming from. Let me explain in brief how roleplaying works, in particular text based roleplaying.
Step 1: Pick an rp. Any rp. Choose one that interests you, or you won't have fun at all.
Step 2: Create a character. Boy, girl, or plant, all that matters is that it fits the rp requirements and it isn't a copy of someone else's.
Step 3: Create a post. Many rps have different rules, but usually you should:
  • Use good grammar. This is extremely appreciated, and makes posts easy to read and understand.
  • Be respectful. This is a rule, and if you break it you can get in serious trouble.
  • Keep it PG. Unless the rp is labeled 'Mature content' you must keep it clean. The rare occasional four-letter-word is acceptable, but try to keep it to a minimum.

Ah, I see where you're coming from. Let me explain in brief how roleplaying works, in particular text based roleplaying.
Step 1: Pick an rp. Any rp. Choose one that interests you, or you won't have fun at all.
Step 2: Create a character. Boy, girl, or plant, all that matters is that it fits the rp requirements and it isn't a copy of someone else's.
Step 3: Create a post. Many rps have different rules, but usually you should:
  • Use good grammar. This is extremely appreciated, and makes posts easy to read and understand.
  • Be respectful. This is a rule, and if you break it you can get in serious trouble.
  • Keep it PG. Unless the rp is labeled 'Mature content' you must keep it clean. The rare occasional four-letter-word is acceptable, but try to keep it to a minimum.

Sounds good to me. Can roleplay characters get into fights and arguments or does that count as disrespectful and inappropriate?

Back