[OOC] Endurn: Heart of the Alauum

Before I decide on my last custom soul ability, I want to make sure I understand my class correctly, as I've been having some trouble understanding what my theme actually is. From what I understand, as the Mage of Alteration, I'm sort of playing a trapper character. Do I have that right, or does alteration mean something else?

If you're speaking of your 5th ability, leave that blank. As for Alteration, I don't think it's supposed to be a trapper, per se. But, I mean, your first 2 soul abilities are designed from your char's personality, background, and dreams.

I'm referring to the first and second ones.

And that is true, but the site did say that the abilities should be sort of on flavor (i.e. a death mage shouldn't have a healing spell), so I just want to make sure I understand what my character's theme is before I go writing abilities.

Well, Alteration literally means altering reality. I kind of see it as things like Mage Light and weird, skyrim stuff. But, of course, Soul has a vision that I can't always interpret, haha! Hopefully, she can give you better answers after she's done with...well, whatever she's doing now that her semester is over. XD

That's what I originally thought, too, but I don't see how that has anything to do with making poisons and mana traps.

That's what I originally thought, too, but I don't see how that has anything to do with making poisons and mana traps.
Sorry, i got caught up making phone icons on PS O_O O_O
So, alteration might have been a bad word choice.

They're supposed to be trap makers. So I thought alteration because they would alter the surroundings and apply traps and they can take substances and alter them to make them into poisons. I honestly couldn't think of a better word.

Essentially, it's a rogue that specializes in traps and poisons. Crafting trickery out of the world around them. Your first two abilities should be reflective of your character's personality and the archetype you chose. Since I don't know what your char is, though, I can't help you with them.

Okay, I edited the bio on page 3 regarding why his father took him out into the wilderness. Changed it to just "hunting" specifically and gave a reason as to why, but if you guys don't mind, could you help me come up with soul abilities and perks?

Okay, I edited the bio on page 3 regarding why his father took him out into the wilderness. Changed it to just "hunting" specifically and gave a reason as to why, but if you guys don't mind, could you help me come up with soul abilities and perks?
Perks are premade, see the character sheet page for the culture and race perks :) two soul abilities are premade, also on that page. The first two we can help with. Why not start by telling me what your character can most easily be described as? Mine is "spiritual hunter" because of her intense goddess worship and because she hunts as a way of life. One of her abilities is directed related to her piety so why not give it a try for your char? Before his mage archetype, what was he?

He seems to be very compassionate, so perhaps one of his abilities lets him spur compassion in others? Or, to find the compassion in others?

On iwaku, most players build their CS's in the thread with everyone. It's so different here XD Everyone seems to build in private then post. *Floats in this foreign land, curiously poking sticks and rocks and people*

I will try to have my sheet done by today, but with what little progress I'm making in actually writing things down, it might take me a bit longer.

I'd stick it in as both a strength and a weakness, but that's just me. But yeah, it wouldn't be a skill unless your character likes to costume and play dress up or something lol. That would be an interesting character to say the least.

Good question! He's probably best described as... Hm. Vanity and Dedication are his major traits, I'd say.

Well, on the idea of vanity... This is one of the skills that comes with the vanity dragon in Soul's first roleplay (under the Illos tab on the website):
Attract: The dragon's magnificence is hard to resist to most creatures, but when the dragon deliberately tries to impress others the effect is hypnotizing. Those of the opposite gender are mesmerized, luckily humans are only slightly affected by this.

Not sure how well over it would go if you tried saying your character is the hottest stud in the land, buuuut maybe, since he's the mage of intuition, has some sort of ability to play on people's inherent vanity, or ego. Some sort of hypnosis. So if he comes across someone who's really in love with themselves, he can present themselves with a mirage of their own image to hypnotize them. *spitballing*

I already planned on using it as a weakness. I just didn't know if it would be considered a strength or a skill, because it didn't really fit the quantifier for either group.

Back