Adenovirus 423 Pentagon: Leader's Den

M

Meliodas

Description: A small, quaint office that is located underground. The room is normally dark, with an old wooden desk in the center and rows of bookcases lining the wall. Various pieces of furniture can be found in this room, such as a couch and a few chairs, as well as end tables that have one artifact or another found sitting on them. This space acts chiefly as Ulric’s hideaway, which is conveniently a soundproof room that is essentially located directly inside the secure Command Center.

Located Within: Pentagon: Command Center

Ulric Zion Driscol, as played by Meliodas

The Command Center was quiet, with only a few troops stationed there, monitoring the radio frequencies and standing guard in case any emergencies arose. Ulric noted Caius’s absence as he snuck into his office, ushering Lola inside before the guards closed the door behind him. With the room sealed, not a soul would be able to listen in to what conversations would transpire between the odd pair. It was a gamble for Ulric to be alone with a stranger, especially in light of his earlier relapse; however, she was unarmed, and he quickly took a comfortable seat behind his desk where a 12 gauge was strapped underneath, aimed outward with his hand resting near the trigger.

“Please, make yourself comfortable." Ulric motioned to the chair seated across from him with a feign smile. "Now, I more than caught your insult, and if I had been in a better mood I may have caught the relation as well. You are correct that I am Ulric, the leader of Thanatos Instinct. As of this moment, you are sitting in our headquarters. Aside from the who and where, why don’t you begin by elaborating on what exactly you meant by making connections? If I recall, the South isn’t a very hospitable group, with deep reservations and philosophies in regards to the future of mankind." This wasn't merely as much a change of tactics as it was his energy level being at an all time low. Being angry and quipping back with crude one-liners was tiresome work. Perhaps speaking from a position of strength and civility still had its uses, however.

Bright mischievous hues of a wild animal stared out at him cautiously as Lola entered this new room. New to her. Seeing now it was just him and her. Sitting down obediently as he sat as well she wondered what he had planned if she didn't make a move that he didn't like. Taking a moment to observe her surrounding instinctively as he spoke.

Her gaze eventually settled back on him, offering a warm smile. He seemed tired, far less energetic then before. Like the usual energy he held among him was suddenly tamed and he couldn't be bothered to bring back the fire. "Connections that could save my behind if the South can no longer hold our own. This is an unforgiving world, and I do my best to keep my status high among the people whom I have grown up with but... Like anyone I have my own agenda, that involves not getting stuck between a rock and a hard place. Right now I am arguably in a very sticky situation in how you could bat your pretty little eyelashes and I might as well be fertilizer." She let out a laugh that could be both anxious and light hearted. "But with my position as a scout, not to mention my status in the South. I could be very useful to someone such as yourself. I am flexible to one degree, if it involves me directly killing one of my own. I won't do it." The usually playful girl adopted a more serious tone as she spoke of these matters. These were matters she held very close to her. Betraying her own people, was only a price to be paid to keep her head. What had to be done, had to be done. She understood that much.

Ulric Zion Driscol, as played by Meliodas

Ulric felt that it would have been his right to kill the woman, but knew the South would never see it that way if they were to find out. He was in a position to make an example out of her but realized he could inadvertently start a war. At the same time, the notions that were made in the room were dangerous ones which could lead to a host of problems and consequences if they didn’t tread carefully. Not to mention that he knew very little about Lola; her intentions, beliefs, all unknowns to him. It would be a gamble taking her under his wing, promising her any sort of protection he might not be able to follow through with. This was a tough decision that needed to be made.

“You will speak of this moment. The mercy that I am about to show you. Understand that nothing in this world is free, that every decision has a cost.” There was no way she could simply return home without raising any questions. “People underestimate me.” Tapping his fingers on the desk in front of him almost impatiently, he stood up finally, sighing softly as he walked over, placing a hand on the woman’s shoulder. “At the same time, they fail to realize just how practical I can be. My people will always come first, driving every decision I make, decisions that may keep a better man up at night. I am not that better man.”

“If you are looking for a safety net and someone to catch you when you fall, you’ll have to find a way to earn it.” Hoping she would take some meaning from the sentiment, he nodded as he walked past her, opening the door. “You are free to stay until you are feeling better. Caius will set you up with a room in the meantime in the case you… find your way to us again.”

Back