Demon's Broken Promise Removed

nqCLCO7.jpg

1d9a0980a17d236d79f962d2af2711f3.png

Time Of Day: Morning
Weather: Light Drizzle
After bringing up the situation about the feral demons rise in numbers and being silent to watch and listen to what the others present in the room had to say; it appeared as though Glumisun had brought up the fact of there being cracks in the barrier as well as offering her scholars to go and check on it as well as attempting to find out how the ferals were escaping from their area of the city.
While the idea was going to be helpful in understanding the ferals further as well as possibly strengthening the barrier in the process, the idea of sending scholars so close to the quarantine area was dangerous as it risked their lives being taken by those things as well. "Glumisun, I will not tell you that you should not send in your scholars for this. However, I implore you to think about it before you send in those people. The quarantine area is restricted rom access to all but us four for a reason, the ferals should not be underestimated." As he warned the Serpent's Kiss leader of her suggestion before nodding at the comment about the investigation being brought up. "I agree. An investigation should commence as soon as possible. The local authorities can only do so much."

Before he could answer the question regarding whether or not the recent murders had to do with the increase in ferals, his crystal gaze shifted to watch as Reven's birds flew off out the window in the direction of the quarantine area; no doubt to get a lay of the land of what was going on over there. Meanwhile, Kasdeya had replied regarding the question on murders and it was true that the murders were indeed apart of the rise in ferals.

As Kasdeya, Revan and his second-in-command spoke up to give their option of gathering ferals even in the risk of not being able to bring them back alive, Avaddon couldn't help but lean back in his seat just to bring two fingers to rub his temple on what should be done. It would be helpful to get live specimens to attempt and experiment on them but doing so was a big risk that someone if not everyone could be severely injured or even possibly killed in attempting such a capture. Leaving this alone however could lead to even worse outcomes of the ferals eventually outnumbering even the clans and overrunning the city itself.

"I can only offer my opinion on this. You are all leaders as I am sure I do not need to remind you. I cannot tell you what to do or what not to do...though remember that the ferals work in large packs. Where there is one, there are many others most likely nearby. If you attempt to enter that part of the city for any reason...Just be careful. We still do not know much about those things...we don't even know if their bites or claw marks are possibly even what is turning others into more of them." Although as he spoke his voice may had been stern, behind it all he had concern for each of the leaders and the people of the city. He may had been laid back when he was younger however he blames himself for the death of his family for being as laid back as he was back then.

[I am using one of the scenes I read from my favorite book]

Watching as the birds took their exit, she tilted her head and gave a knowing smile. It was only that time that she realized that the two birds were Huggin and Munnin. Those two surely aged well. She closed her eyes and beamed at Ravinca's leader as he spoke of him volunteering to join in the investigation.

She leaned towards her chair, resting her elbows at the backrest of the ornate furniture as she listened to Kasdeya. She blinked three times before pursing her lips. She was silently begging the Bloody Moon's leader to give her a carcass for studies... and personal reasons. She could not help but shake her head as the older demoness ogled Avadddon. She was thinking of teasing her fellow leader after the meeting.

Lysandra's volunteering was not a surprise. The second-in-command was a woman of action. Glumisun would trust the said lady to watch anyone's back if push came to shove.

She nodded at the older demon. It was true, the scholars that she was going to suggest knows little to defend themselves. They devoted their lives to their studies and very little to other aspects. She could not risk them moving so close to where danger was. She was a bit disappointed that there were crucial places that only them could access to. "I volunteer as tribute then," she declared, decision already final. Even if Avaddon told him to stay, she will not listen. "We need this sorted out, sir," she added just in case.

She raised one gloved hand to gather the attention of the others. "I have a suggestion," she announced. "We might have had our differences in the past but we must set that aside in this situation. What do you say about a little show of unity? Many people think that the clans are divided. How about we create groups for the investigation? I think a group should consist of two of each from the clans. If people from the neutral zone wants to help, we might add them, too." She frowned, thinking of the holes in her logic. "Or are eight people a bit too much?"

Last edited:
Kasdeya was focused so well on Avaddon as he spoke she nearly missed the younger lass speak. She pulled her gaze from admiring him to look over at Glumisum. "It is not a...terrible idea. Though I prefer other methods of unity." A glint in her eye spoke the words she wouldn't say as she sighed. Eight should suffice well enough in a fight against ferals. Though they need be prepared, if you plan to add your scholars to the group have them well-armed." She glanced at Avaddon before looking back to Glumisum. "I will offer my support for this idea." Kasdeya smiled at the girl knowing that her support would be well enough, regardless of Avaddons decision.

"Do you plan to tell the masses of the feral's escapes?" Kasdeya drummed her fingers against the arm of the chair. "It would cause panic, otherwise you must take measures to ensure the people's safety."

When Kasdeya kept making insinuations, Revan shook his head slightly and frowned. Not that anyone could see.
"Freohr Auga, this is not the time, nor the place," He reminded her gently.
He saw Avaddon rubbing his temples and it took a large measure of self-control not to do the same.
"I, too, agree. If we are doing this mission, I would like to be protecting the scholar group."
No one asked why, but he knew. The scholars were there because of him, and he would feel as if it was his fault that they were hurt.
"I am... averse to telling the public about the feral escapes. Although we should not make a habit out of secrecy, I believe that this time... It would be In the public's best interest." For now.

Last edited:
Glumisun proposed an idea to approach this, which involved unity.
Lysandra turned it over in her mind. It was a good idea and would probably bring the clans closer together. The last thing Lysandra would want would be arguing. She was in full support of this idea, so she said nothing.
Lysandra visibly cringed as Kasdeya said the words,
I prefer other methods of unity~
but after a second, her expression turned to normal.
She found herself thinking about the different leaders. Revan's nicknames for them were strange, but accurate.
Cold Eyes, Warm Heart was pretty true about Avaddon. He looked like an iceberg but would lay down his life for his people.
Freohr Auga- she certainly was flirty. It was weird how Kasdeya kept looking at Avaddon like that.
And Skulblaka Hjarta- Dragon Heart? That was her guess, at least. She knew just a little bit about the language(s?) Revan spoke with his Ravens. Glumisun's demon form was a dragon, so maybe that was a factor to it?
Lysandra then realized Revan didn't have a nickname for her yet. Yet? Maybe he hadn't thought of one or maybe he didnt need one.

Last edited:
nqCLCO7.jpg

Weather: Clear
Pondering still on what was to be done about the situation or if he could figure out an idea that the four leaders could work with; no matter what he thought of however, everything came with such large risks and most likely causalities as well. The thought of the deaths that might become necessary to protect the rest of the people of Haven had Avaddon begin rubbing his temple all that much harder till slight redden marks formed on his forehead.

Out of nowhere, Glumisun had spoken up as volunteering herself as tribute; this had Avaddon lower his hand from his temple as he shifted his attention fully upon the Serpent's Kiss leader. If she was planning to volunteer as tribute as though she were going to defend the scholars while they did their work, he wasn't going to stop her nor could he stop any of the leaders of what they decided to do anyway since they all were of the same ranking. "Glumisun, are you sure you wish to do this? You realize, if the ferals start swarming your position it may get ugly." As he commented about her idea, her suggestion of unity and how it could be done did raise a brow for Avaddon.

"Unite our forces, hm?" Moreover speaking to himself on that matter, he'd remain silent only to listen as Kasdeya had raised her own opinion by stating she preferred another form of unity while also offering her support on the current idea as well. Her own question after however also brought up another possible problem that Revan was quick to answer that Avaddon agreed to completely. "This matter needs to be kept from the public by all means. While I am not a fan of keeping secrets from our people, if the public find out about the possibilities that ferals have been escaping their holding area even in the slightest...the panic among them could cause riots that we as leaders are not doing our job. As for uniting our forces in pairs, I support this. However make sure to select those you wish to pair up together with other clan members...we cannot determine whether or not the group will be willing to work together without issue."

With a solid plan at least started, Avaddon exhaled a relieved sigh as he leaned back in his seat just to once again clasp his hands together against his chest. "So, before we end this meeting. Is there anything else any of you wish to address while we are all gathered here?"

Biting her lips hard, Glumisun really wanted to laugh at her fellow leader's attempt. 'Seriously, Kasdeya?' she thought. She really wanted to have a psychic ability just so she could scream her thoughts to her friend. "Information is vital to research. I have no plans of making this a secret to the institute," she replied instead. "The public is another matter."

She watched as the oldest among the leaders create a bruise on his forehead. "Please don't do that, you're just hurting yourself," Glumisun stated unconsciously, brows knitted together in both worry and frustration. "Also, we have no choice. We really need to maintain and strengthen the barriers. I could just do it myself but that... would... only..." Her eyes brightened at the idea. It was a very stupid idea but it was also the least mortality rate. "Actually, slash what I have said earlier about the scholars and the barrier. The scholars and my clan's officers could focus on the investigations. I'll help your engineers, or you for that matter, regarding the barrier." She was already murmuring to herself of her plans; of her staying at the Sanctum to be much closer to the Feral Grounds, of how many bandages she will be needing as well as medicine and potions, of sending Chaos' Song back to the territory if things really did become ugly.

"Question," Glumisun snapped, mind still focused on her mission. "When will we start? Tadtan ba [right about now] or nun tu [when]?"

Revan spoke up suddenly.
"We have another, less immediate problem."
He sighed.
"Last night, there was an explosion in my territory. Thankfully, no one was injured, but the fact that it happened is a major problem."
He looked solemnly to the other Leaders.
"We suspect a vigilante that has been dubbed 'the guardian spirit'. "
His finger began tapping on the armrest.
"We also suspect that he is fragokinetic, that is to say, explosion manipulative, or some sort of pyrokinesis. "
He folded his hands in front of him, unmoving.
"I am pretty confident that we will get the situation under control soon, but as this is a potentially dangerous fragokinetic, you have a right to know."

Kasdeya rolled her eyes at his chide, but let him speak. She believed it was always the time and place. But, she would keep such thoughts to herself. Though it seemed her attempt at flirting with the iceberg was to no avail yet again. She sat silent as he spoke, listening to the others as well. It was no surprise he chose to keep it from the public, the only ones to know in her own territory would be the soldiers meant to defend. She had no doubts her people would aid in the group search for ferals, she'd wring their necks if they dared to fight the others.
Kasdeya was not surprised Avaddon was near bruising himself from frustration, more likely than not overthinking things. "I would also like you to stop hurting yourself Avaddon. There are marks on your beautiful face now." She frowned practically grumbling about how her view was ruined. Glancing over at Raven as he spoke.
"Do you wish for help with the search for the criminal? "

While Kasdeya spoke, Muninn chittered softly, "Poisoned Heart will not start. Poisoned Heart."
Revan spoke, his authoritative voice filling the chamber easily.
"No, Freohr Auga. If you see him, please alert me, otherwise..."
Revan shook his head. He wanted to be the one to capture the vigilante, because the attack on his territory...
Now it was personal.
"Wyrda!" Muninn screeched.
"Family is more than blood!"Huginn screeched.

Last edited:
With the main problem solved for now, Glumisun straightened and gave a soft 'excuse me' before walking towards the large doors. Silently opening one of them, she softly spoke to the guard. "Good morning," she greeted the demon standing outside. "Could I bother you and request a guitar or bass. Or whatever instrument you could find." When the guard saluted, Glumisun bowed her head as a sign of thanks. Why she needed the instrument was to cast a spell and create messengers. Unlike Avaddon who usually creates them without effort, Glumisun had a hard time memorizing the sigils and gesture for the said spell.

The announcement of a vigilante running around causing trouble had the red-head turn to the person reporting. With Kasdeya giving her aid for the search, it was sure to be bloody. "If you do accidentally kill this 'Guardian Spirit', I want his corpse sent to our academy. The students need something to do and finding the cause of death would challenge them," she stated, leaning on the wall near her.

Revan Nodded.
"Agreed. Although it is my hope, Skulblaka Hjarta, that we will be able to capture and interrogate him."
Revan smiled under his mask.
"Although... If Freohr Auga comes along, you will not have a hard time finding the cause of death."

"My pleasure." Kasdeya scowled at the birds squawking before turning her attention from Revan to Glumisum walking from the room. She adored Glumisum's spells, they were enchanting and made the girl more lovely than she already was. And that was something Kasdeya just couldn't simply ignore. Kasdeya looked at Glumisum beside her and gave a light laugh.
"I will make no promises that he will be alive if I catch him, but-" Kasdeya turned to Revan leaning her hands on the table. "I will leave him near death so you might deal the final blow. And then Glumisum I will send him your way." Kasdeya thought for a moment about the girl's scholars and drummed her fingers on the table. "If they need a corpse I can bring them to you. The ferals...and others if needed."

Glumisun laughed. "I do believe you are right," she stated, raising a brow to Kasdeya. The female leader's ways of killing were a bit obvious.

The knock on the door and a guitar was shoved into Glumisun's way. She voiced her thanks before turning to the others. She beamed at Kasdeya. "Yes, please," she breathed. "I'd even pay you for a corpse."

Nodding, Glumisun has to agree with the other leader. "Yes, Ravinca's leader is correct. Are there any more we need to discuss?" She was a bit giddy knowing that the meeting was nearing the conclusion. She let her pheromones out a bit, careful not to let the leaders actually smell her scent. This should help in speeding things a bit.

Revan nodded, smiling.
Sounding amused, he said "Yes, Skulblaka Hjarta. You may leave. We may meet later to check on the boundary. Go."
"
The invading of the impenetrable!" Huginn screeched.
"War against peace!" Muninn screeched.

Last edited:
Kasdeya smiled at the girl's eager words, "We can discuss details over tea another day Glumisum. I do miss your company." She turned her attention to Avaddon settling her eyes to admire him as they asked if they were finished.

Once again, Revan found his eyes drawn to Glumisun.
Curse his infuriatingly weak masculine brain!
Why was he... feeling like this? His filters should have filtered her pheromones out. We're they faulty? No. They could not have been. He had checked them this morning.
He was confused.
That was not an emotion he felt often. Sure, after his father died, he had felt confused. So confused. But after that, he had always knew exactly what to do.
His confusion confused him, which confused him more.
He was two thousand years old! He had more self-control than this... didn't he? He spent night and day having total control over his body and mind... And now this?
He was thankful no one could see.

Last edited:
nqCLCO7.jpg

After voicing his own opinion on the matter that Glumisun should be careful for volunteering for such a task on defending her scholars, it wasn't long before she had continued to speak about harming himself when he had left the redden mark upon his forehead after rubbing his temple. Avaddon took no mind to her concern on him as he rather took more attention onto the comment about her taking back her volunteer about earlier and decided would assist with the engineers that Avaddon had sent out earlier as well as assisting him with the whole barrier instead. Rather than fully replying to this, the male simply nodded his head to agree and understand while he awaited to see if the others had anything else they wished to speak about.

The next progressing issue arose once Revan had spoken up about an explosion in the Ravinca territory; this causing Avaddon's attention to practically snap over towards Revan in an instant about the matter. "An explosion...? A vigilante?...Tsk.." Whispering to himself under his breath about how now there was possibly a person causing problems with explosives if not their ability, as if one problem wasn't enough. "Revan. You focus on what you need to do to find that vigilante. Ferals are one problem but someone who can control their power to do something like that inside one of the clans can cause much more problems than any feral can. If any of you wish to assist him on this matter, go for it." After voicing his own thought on the whole case of explosions, his brow was raised once Kasdeya brought up about Avaddon harming his 'beautiful' face.

With the ending of the meeting at hand, Avaddon finally stood up as he made his way over towards the balcony. Turning his head over his shoulders slightly just to call out to the leaders before he left. "If this meeting is over. I will take my leave. Glumisun, as to your question...the engineers are already over by the barrier to the quarantine area. I will be heading over there soon." With that, he took his leave of the meeting room before stepping onto the handrailing of the balcony and letting himself fall from the several hundred story building.

Rather than letting himself land roughly onto the ground, due to the rain that fell even if it was only a drizzle during the morning; he froze the ground to form a large pillar of ice to assist with his landing before letting it shatter around him and letting it turn back to water upon the floor once more. From there, he headed straight for the feral grounds where his engineers were all hard at work attempting to figure out what was going on with the barrier.

SlbGg3D.jpg

270cde0e82f5acbe59d185af1ffc32f7.png

Exhaling a heavy sigh with him seated on the floor and his back against the wall, he threw a small circular disk onto the floor in front of him. "Get in contact with Commander Destrier Seam." The circular disk began to whirl and beep rapidly before it started finally hovering in the air and letting a blank projection of a humanoid figure appear before him as a hologram. Although the figure was not Destrier until he had decided to pick up the call that Shinji was requesting, at least he could relay the message that he had for his commanding officer.

"Hello Sir. Operative Shinji Yoshimitsu signing in. I've been here in Haven city for quite some time now. I now have a general recording of the city's layout in my memory banks. I believe there is another section to the city underground...however I have not found any possible leads of how to reach down there; I've also planted bombs at surrounding monuments that the people seem to be quite fond of, I heard that these are statues of the Founders?" As he commented about his activities while inside the city, he'd look out the window of the abandoned home he resided in currently just to see who was passing by and who might look too suspicious at the building. Whenever he saw a demon Shinji had to resist the urge just to jump out and kill them in an instant.

Back