[Tabletop][Scifi] Armored Descent - A Power Armor/Mecha Setting

WiZ, I have gone over your character sheet and have a few points to bring to your attention:
  • Your movement speed would be 67.5, not 101.25m. Mobile takes it from 35m to 45m, then your kinetic servos apply a 1.5x multiplier to it, bringing it to 67.5m total.
  • Your first weapon selected is a 'Pile Bunker'. This is an Experimental Weapon, not a Class 4. I understand how the formatting of the page may have been confusing. It goes from top of column, to bottom, to second column; meaning that the Pile Bunker requires a Level 5 Hardpoint, costs 25 Resources, and is banned as outlined in the House Rules post.
  • Your mech description is copy-pasted directly from the Sample Character sheet, up to and including the duck decal from 'Ducky', the sample mech. Please edit in your personal mech description.

Once all of these have been corrected, I will be happy to consider accepting your participation!

WiZ, I have gone over your character sheet and have a few points to bring to your attention:
  • Your movement speed would be 67.5, not 101.25m. Mobile takes it from 35m to 45m, then your kinetic servos apply a 1.5x multiplier to it, bringing it to 67.5m total.
  • Your first weapon selected is a 'Pile Bunker'. This is an Experimental Weapon, not a Class 4. I understand how the formatting of the page may have been confusing. It goes from top of column, to bottom, to second column; meaning that the Pile Bunker requires a Level 5 Hardpoint, costs 25 Resources, and is banned as outlined in the House Rules post.
  • Your mech description is copy-pasted directly from the Sample Character sheet, up to and including the duck decal from 'Ducky', the sample mech. Please edit in your personal mech description.

Once all of these have been corrected, I will be happy to consider accepting your participation!
Sorry about that, I guess I wasn't paying attention. All fixed now!

I have to say this definitely piqued my interest! I'm just giving the rule book a read through right now, so if you're still looking for new players/people to consider let me know and I'll have a character sheet up asap!

Current Participant List: @Quinn @Aylura @WiZ
Potential Participants: @Nilum @Terra

Those who are in the 'current' participant list, sit tight! Feel free to tweak your CS and what have you. I'll have the OOC thread up before the end of the week, if things go according to plan!
Those in the 'potential' participants, please, feel free to fill out a character sheet! If you need access to the core rulebook, feel free to PM me so that I can grant access!

And for anyone else interested, we're still accepting applicants until we hit an even five accepted!

I didn't intend to leave this, just was doing something else as well. I'm still game for this if that's alright.

The Players: It has been many months since I have roleplayed in general, and nearly a year since I GM'd a tabletop roleplay. As such, I would like to limit the number of players to 3-5. If I feel comfortable later on, or if I find a competent and agreeable co-GM, I would not be opposed to starting up a second party.

Note: I've been GMing fairly consistently for the past decade. If you need some assistance hammering out plot points, world building, or otherwise, I'll offer my help in that regard. I won't co-GM though, I don't perform well in that role--consider me advisory only. I don't wanna take over your RP, just play in it and help if I am able. :)

Pilot
Name:
Corinne Adélie Noël Pélissier.
Appearance
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 122 LBS.
  • Hair Colour & Style: Charcoal colouration of a moderate length. It's kept tied back in a bun when in combat and/or operating her suit. When outside of combat, she will allow it to run just past her shoulders freely.
  • Eye Colour: Brown.
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian.
  • General Description: There's two different sides to Corinne. On the surface, is a fairly, plain looking young woman. She wears a white tank top and blue jeans as her typical casual wear. She's ritualistically obsessive about cleanliness before putting on her orange jumpsuit, with which she uses to protect her body from the cold, abrasive metal of her cockpit in the middle of a firefight. There are three scars on her left arm, each across her forearm, each telling a different story of a close call. There is also a small burn scar over her left eye. Outside of combat, she tends to be a fairly relaxed woman, who doesn't express much outward emotion, but who can be sociable in the right circumstances. In combat, something else takes over, and she gains an almost religious fervour for the mere idea of warfare.
Biography: Corinne was born in Québec, Canada during the summer. There, she grew up in a Francophone community, where she picked up and began to speak both English and French quite fluently. Her interests as a child spanned far and wide, as she found herself unable to settle for any particular subject. This rather flighty nature of hers extended into a sort of vagabond whimsy in her teen years, where she often skipped her tutelage to pursue her passion of the month. Whether that was a boy, or a game, or games with boys, it was rarely anything her parents approved of. Not that they really cared--so long as she would be there to inherit their belongings, and have children of her own.

Shortly after turning twenty, one of her boy toys came to her in the night, claiming to have witnessed a streak falling through the sky. She almost dismissed him, calling him crazy, but nonetheless, followed him to where he claimed it fell. There, she found her destiny. The boy she was with did not survive the night, but she did--and that's what really mattered, wasn't it? To this day, none know the details of what happened there.

For the past two years, she has wandered North America, aimlessly. A soul, without a cause. Much has happened in this time, and she speaks little of it, preferring to focus on the task at hand--killing whoever gets in her way.

Tags
(Total: 5. Used: 5.)
  • Wanderer: "I've made it this far alone... However long it takes, I will make it the rest of the way. With, or without friends." (+2 First Aid, +1 Navigation) [3 pts]
  • Black Widow: "I've done some things I don't want to talk about, but... They made me smarter, in the end. Especially around men." (+2 Sense Motive.) [2 pts]

Mech (Total: 200. Used: 200.)
Name: Liberté.
Type: Biped Superheavy Weapon Platform. (55.)
Description: A tall, bulky mech that serves as a walking murder platform. It is bipedal, though its legs are on the shorter side, to allow for a lower center of gravity to make it more stable. It is extremely heavily armoured, and comes with a deployable forward shield for when the Liberté holds a particular position. It is focused and honed entirely around its greatest strengths: A black painted rail gun, that fires with incredible accuracy and damage at a long distance, and an almost impossibly sharp wrist-mounted dagger that she can use to penetrate nearly any armour like it's butter. Upon its back is a series of repair and rearm tools, that allow her to repair herself, her shield, or her allies.

It is, however, an incredibly slow mech. Its only mobility improvement can be found in the advanced hydraulics installed in its legs, that allow it to jump 15 meters in height. Otherwise, if she is caught out by an ambush, she is not going to be able to redeploy with any reasonable speed. Her greatest strength is to set up in a back line position and obliterate targets from afar, repairing allies that retreat to her position. She is also quite competent in urban engagements, or in other close quarters battles where the enemy does not have much space to move, as she can tie them down with her center-torso cable and then cut them asunder.

Its dark blue paint job has many nicks and scratches, which could be easily repaired by the Octopus unit on its back, but the pilot seems to program it not to do so. It gives it an oddly lived in look, as she keeps the battle scars to remind her of all those who have tried to take her life... And failed.
Height: 3.1m | Weight: 1,600 LBS.
Pressure Resistance: 10 (Base: 10) | Strength: 4,000 LBS (Base: 4,000 LBS) | Armor Value: 9 (Base: 5) | Mobility: 15m (Base: 15)
User Interface: Basic. (0 pts.)
Armor Material: Composite. (+4 AV) (20 pts.)
Defensive Add-ons
  • Self-Repair II: "Liberty never dies. She just goes quiet sometimes." (+2 Physical Regen per round) (15 pts.)
  • Physical Shield: "Good to stop them from scratching my paint job." (+2 AV in one direction. Front-Mounted.) (5 pts.)
Locomotion Add-ons
  • Hopper Legs: "Nothing can stop me from reaching my targets--nothing at all." (Can jump mobility in height.) (10 pts.)
HUD/Visual Add-ons
  • Enhanced Vision: "Won't even know what hit him..." (Can zoom up to 10x magnification.) (5 pts.)
  • Internal Status: "I better be okay in this glorious bastard!" (See your health, well-being of suit, all relevant conditions.) (0 pts.)
  • External Status: "I'll know exactly where to hit you." (Estimated status of enemy suits or targets, target locks, direction of fire, electromagnetic readings, et cetera.) (5 pts.)
Communications Add-ons
  • Vocal: "I want them to hear me laughing over them as they beg for mercy." (0 pts.)
  • Universal Translator: "Being able to determine what an enemy is saying with lip reading from miles away has its benefits..." (5 pts.)
Utility Add-ons
  • Octopus: "Good to keep myself and whoever is fighting with me functioning, for a while." (Allows user to repair armor manually for 5 points per standard action, can repair others using "External Status" HUD/Visual perk.) (10 pts.)
  • Towing Cable: "Come close to me, and I won't let you leave until I get to paint my mech in your blood." (Retractable cable that allows user to drag objects without using limbs up to 30 meters.) (5 pts.)
  • Healing Salve Kit: "For the times that my enemy brings me closer to death than I would like..." (Small medikit that can heal wounds in 3 hours, or stabilize someone for 30 minutes. Recharge 1 charge per hour, total capacity of 5 charges.) (5 pts.)
Hardpoints (Note: Start with 10 "free" hardpoint slots to allocate as I wish, according to rules.)
  • (Class 4) Railgun: "One shot that can pierce the Heavens, and leave angels dead." (DV 12, Pi 6) (20 pts)
  • (Class 4) Cutting Blades Rank 4: "Come close to me, so I can stare into your eyes and see the moment you realize your error." (DV 12, Pi 8) (20 pts)
Targeting Systems
  • Assisted Aim: "It's a big gun for me." (+3 range bonus) (5 pts)
  • Target Lock: "I won't let you leave my sights alive..." (+5 range bonus removes penalty for attacking a target directly adjacent to you) (15 pts)

Last edited:
Pilot
Name: Charlie Miller
HT: 6' 2"
WT: 135 pounds

Physical Description:
A rather tall and thin man, Charlie appears to be slightly malnourished. His entire form seems entirely too thin and long. From his arms and legs, to his slender pointed fingers. His skin is pulled tightly over his face, revealing sunken eyes and cheeks. His eyes are a pale blue that seem to be devoid of energy entirely. His thin lips cutting a sharp line in the middle of his face. His eyes are in a perpetual state of bloodshot, as if he hasn't slept for weeks. Wirey muscles hold together what is otherwise a sunken and atrophied body.

Bio:
Charlie was born in the Midwest. He lived a fairly standard life as an awkward lanky teen before everything went to shit. Mechs started falling from the sky, the government collapsed around him, and his comfortable way of life became almost impossible to maintain.

Unfortunately for him, he didn't have the luck of finding an unclaimed mech in his backyard. He waited and tried to survive for several years before coming across a his mech. Wandering about looking for anything he could salvage, Charlie came across a damaged mech. Its unfortunate owner dead inside. Praising his good fortunes, he dragged it home and began is meticulously repair and restore the suit.

Tags: Tech Savvy (+1 Electronics) Cost 1, Garage Junky (Repair+2, Maintenance+2, Survival -1 Tracking -1) Cost 2 Paranoid (Sense motive+3, Performance-1) Cost 2

Mech

Name:
Tomb
Type: Heavy-type Biped Subtype: Weapon platform (35 points)
Description: Tomb seems to be the exact opposite of its owner. It is large and bulky, with two large missile pods on its back and a machinegun mounted in either arm. Its olive tone paint job is immaculately well maintained, as is the rest of the mech. It seems as though Charlie puts more time and money is his mech than his own health. Thick armour plating covers the vast majority of the suit. A large sheild is mounted on either arm. It has no decernable head, but just a large slab that is the entire front torso of the suit. It is fitted to act as a fire support and C&C unit. Sitting near the back lines providing ranged missle support and tactical information to friendly pilots.
Height: 2.5 meters | Weight: 1,060 pounds
Pressure Resistance: 8 | Strength: 3,000lbs. | Armor Value: 9 | Mobility: 25m
User Interface: Brain Implant I (10 resources)
Armor Material: Composite (20 resources)

Defensive Add-ons:

Self Repair I (10 Resources)
Physical Shield x2 (10 Resources)

Locomotion Add-ons:

HUD/Visual Add-ons:

Enhanced Vision (5 resources)
Radar (5 resources)
Internal Status (0 resources)
External Status (5 resources)

Communications Add-ons:

Vocal (0 resources)
Command Suite (15 resources)
Communicator
(10 resources)

Utility Add-ons:

Dummy AI (5 resources)

Hardpoints:

Level 4: Micro Missile Pod (20 resources)
Level 3:Missiles (15 resources)
Level 1:Light Ballistics, Mounted LMG (5 resources)
Level 1:Light Ballistics, Mounted LMG (5 resources)
Level 1:Scout drone (5 resources)

Targeting Systems:
Dedicated Mental Tasking (20 resources)

Last edited:
Oh, so NOW everyone wants to suddenly join. I must have made this rp cool, just like everything else I lay my gaze upon.

Oh, so NOW everyone wants to suddenly join. I must have made this rp cool, just like everything else I lay my gaze upon.
BzIpzlf.gif

Back