The Wall {6/6}

Faodaile

Indiana Jones 2.0
giphy.gif

8mow51V.png

The rules of survival never change.
You live, you breathe, you struggle. That is survival.

{ Character Depository }
{ RP Thread }
{ OOC Chat + Q&A }
OOC Rules:
↠ Don't be rude OOC. This means no fueds!
↠ At least 500 words per post. There can be exceptions to this, but no one liners, etc.!
↠ Keep character/character combat to a minimum to prevent arguments.
↠ We will keep to a strict post pattern. If someone does not post within 24 hours of the last post, the next designated person may post.
The only exception to this rule is if two/three characters have split off from the main group and are alone. In that situation, you may post whenever you please.
↠ All characters must be human (save for their abilities- see below). And race/gender acceptable! (There should be roughly 3 males and 3 females, however. Just to keep things balanced out!)
↠ Most importantly... Have fun!

Application:
↠ Make sure that you have read the OOC rules and lore (below), first off!
↠ Fill this form out and post it below (keep in mind that, if more than 6 people apply, I will pick and chose who I think is best suited for the thread. I may be lenient and allow a few extra people, but we will see!)

{image of character}
Name:
Personality:
Special Ability:
Appearance: (Images acceptable along w/ description. No anime please!)
Backstory:

Memento:

Lore:
Six people have been chosen, unbeknownst to them, to participate in a scientific experiment in the year 2020. Society as we know it today has continued, with advanced technology being quite prevalent in peoples' every day lives.
A group of scientists and psychologists associated with the United States government have set up a secluded walled off 'arena' and have chosen six people by random to be placed into the twelve square mile region. Their memories from the hours and days before their capture have been wiped, and they have been left in various places within the arena to find one another.
Their actions as individuals and as a group will determine how they survive; or if they do at all.
You may design your character with whatever physical and mental traits that you might desire, so long as they all occur in the real world.

Each character may also have one special physical 'ability'.' These have been implanted in them by the scientists preforming the experiment. Keep in mind that your character will not know how to use this ability until they discover it themselves through roleplay!

A list of the six abilities that you may chose from are here: keep in mind that if one trait is already chosen and has been marked with {TAKEN}, you may NOT use that trait for your character. Each trait also determines where your character will wake up in relation to the others, so read carefully!

↠ Night vision {TAKEN}: Occurs in a period of time from dusk until dawn, though causes severe headaches on occasion. It does not work in the hours of light during the day or in general dark spaces; it must be under the moon. Will awaken in a cave not far north from the lake.
↠ Bouts of sueprhuman strength {TAKEN}: These may last 15-20 seconds, though exhaustion is common after this ability is used. It comes out in moments of highs stress. Will awaken in a small forested area West of the Lake.
↠ Teleportation {TAKEN}: This may be used once per in character day by the user. They may only teleport up to twenty feet. Will awaken just beside the wall south of the lake.
↠ Waterbreathing. {TAKEN}: This may be used by your character whenever they are trapped underwater or voluntarily dive into a body of water at least 6 feet deep. They will have 'gills' on either side of their neck to allow this process to occur and will feel extreme exhaustion after about five minutes under water, putting them at a risk of falling unconscious and drowning. Will awaken on the shore of the lake.
↠ Pathfinding {TAKEN}: Your character can track someone or something for up to two miles. This is the only ability without side effects. Will awaken East of the lake.
↠ Telekinesis {TAKEN}: A character is able to manipulate matter and move something under ten pounds for up to twenty feet with their mind. Exhaustion is common after each use, and more than three uses in one day can spur extreme exhaustion and in some cases even death. Will awaken South of the Lake by the stream.

The Wall:
Virtually impenetrable by any device that your character has or could make using the resources within the Walls. Made of a special kind of steel that deflects energy back onto whatever hits it. At least 200 feet tall. It also provides a small zap of electricity to any that try to touch it.

The Map:
Roughly twelve square miles of harsh terrain greets your characters when they awaken.
In the center of the map is a lake. North are heavily mountainous areas and a deep cave that will require light (or night vision) to enter. To the East is a deep valley surrounded by large hills and jagged cliffs. To the Southeast is a stram leading down from the lake that leads to a small pond where fish live. To the south is forested area. To the Southwest are large cliffs that loom over the forests that lie to the west. Northwest from there lie strange ruins that have yet to be explored.

Supplies:

Various supplies are scattered around the map. They include 6 weapons, all hidden in secret areas. Exploration will prompt finding them! Each ability is associated with being able to find each weapon:
↠ A sword with deadly poison laced on its edge. Located at the very back of the one cave north of the lake. A stone set in the hilt glows. (Night vision.)
↠ A steel spear (laced with a paralyzing poison as well. Whoever is hit with it will be paralyzed for up to three minutes, however they will not die). Located at the bottom of the lake. The steel tip glows under the water. (Water breathing.)
↠ A hunting knife made for skinning animals. Within it is an embedded tracker that guides the knife to whatever place the thrower wishes it to go. Extremely handy for throwing. Located under a pile of leaves north of where the parthfinder awakens and coated with an odd-smelling wax to promote finding it. (Pathfinder.)
↠ A bow. Under a large log just north of where the subject awakens that can only be lifted by one person. Beside it is a quiver containing 12 arrows that break upon impact with anything (be it animal, human, etc.) (Superhuman strength.)
↠ A pistol with three bullets in the chamber. Located on a ledge above where the teleporter awakens, about twenty feet off the ground (as far as teleportation is possible.)
↠ A set of six small throwing knives. 5 are located beside the Telekentic when they awaken. One is located embedded an inch into their side. It is not a deadly wound, however it will greatly affect their ability to function. (Telekinesis.)

Each player also awakens with a supply pack beside them. Inside each are:

↠ An empty water skin.
↠ A pack of crackers.
↠ 10 feet of rope.
↠ A light jacket.
↠ A strange stone about an inch across each way that glows a bright electric blue color.
↠ A memento of their past. This can be anything from a locket to a strip of fabric, but weapons are not included.​

Goals:
The group has several pre-established group 'goals' to guide our roleplay.
↠ Build a camp.
↠ Find food.
↠ Find a way to purify their water.
↠ Find out what the blue stones do.​

giphy.gif

Last edited:
original.gif

u7S4uXM.png

Personality: Overly cold. She is not authoritative, but she will take lead on things when others are in a scramble. She knows what she wants and exactly how to get it.
Special Ability: Telekenesis. {A character is able to manipulate matter and move something under ten pounds for up to twenty feet with their mind. Exhaustion is common after each use, and more than three uses in one day can spur extreme exhaustion and in some cases even death. Will awaken South of the Lake by the stream.} This will have to be discovered over a length amount of time.
Appearance: A healthy weight. Rather average in every other regard. Often has a rather brooding look stuck to her face. Brown hair, brown eyes, lightly tanned skin; though that is likely to change as she spends more and more time in the outside world.

Backstory: Born in a small town in England, she still caries the accent that she was bred to have with her. Her childhood was uneventful save for her fater being deployed to Afghanistan when she was eight. During that time her mother had an affair and eventually divorced him and was remarried. She lost contact with her biological father and has not since spoken to him beyond birthday calls and halfhearted cards every once in a while. She eventually moved with her family to a small town in Georgia and had barely settled in before she was chosen as a subject.
Memento: Half of a wishbone.

Last edited:
Very interested in this! Can I ask, what is the Forum Name part of the Form? And can I grab that Waterbreathing ability real quick too?

Added my own character profile in the second post and a 'goals' section in the OP.

Very interested in this! Can I ask, what is the Forum Name part of the Form? And can I grab that Waterbreathing ability real quick too?

Just your forum name- so for you it would be romamaro! And sure, I'll put it down as taken. c:

I'm totally interested! I'll try to get a CS ready in a day or so, though these next couple days are pretty busy. Could I claim the super strength attribute? And question about it, is it something my character can control, or does it only come out like at moments of high stress?

I'm totally interested! I'll try to get a CS ready in a day or so, though these next couple days are pretty busy. Could I claim the super strength attribute? And question about it, is it something my character can control, or does it only come out like at moments of high stress?

I will add that! Moment of high stress, certainly. And sure, you can claim it- I'll mark it as taken. c:

72PHFpI.jpg

Alistair 'Ally' Benson

Personality: Alistair is a hard working guy who holds his friends above himself. He's an unbridled optimist, finding bright in situations where anyone else might struggle to. His optimism can come off as obnoxious, but he does it with the best of intentions. He's not at all a shy guy, being generally extroverted, and if left alone for too long his morale and happiness will take a bad hit. He's sort of jelly boned, afraid of being scrutinised or told off. He knows a few select things on survival due to a couple of books he has read, but he might not mention them for fear that they will be incorrect and it'll be a waste of time. He's a lover, not a fighter. If he faces something that he finds as unfair, he probably won't mention it, but if it's his friend who does then he'll definitely speak up.

Special Ability: Waterbreathing {This may be used by your character whenever they are trapped underwater or voluntarily dive into a body of water at least 6 feet deep. They will have 'gills' on either side of their neck to allow this process to occur and will feel extreme exhaustion after about five minutes under water, putting them at a risk of falling unconscious and drowning.}

Appearance: Average height at 5'10" and his weight is pretty normal too, though he will obviously lose weight while within the wall. His hair and skin get greasy quickly, and he's thus prone to breakouts. He's wearing a light blue shirt with a chest pocket, denim trousers and a pair of white vans. He's also got the gills on his neck from the whole breathing underwater thing.

Backstory: Alistair grew up in a household that valued English literature very highly. His father was an author and his mother was a journalist. Alistair and his younger sister grew up on the classics, and though his sister wasn't too fond, Alistair loved it. His love of books carried on all through his school career, and lead him to becoming an English major. He was going to go into a postgraduate teacher training programme once he was out of university, but he soon enough got chosen, and that's pretty much derailed stuff.

Memento: A pocket-sized but thick notebook of all his read books.

Last edited:

Looks great! I'll put it in the depository and once we have a few more people I'll make the RP thread. If we reach about four and nobody else is interested we can always say that the other 2+ came in a second 'wave' and appeared after all of the others.

Hey mind if I sign up? This seems very interesting. If yes, can I reserve teleportation? Can't believe no one has taken it yet.

Hey just a few questions, reading over the various items gifted. How quickly are we supposed to figure out our abilities? Should it be soon after we wake up, or over time? Also, how does Teleportation get discovered? The other abilities activate during stress or seem to be reflexive, but for Teleportation there isn't much detailing how it activates. Sorry if I'm being a bother.

Hey just a few questions, reading over the various items gifted. How quickly are we supposed to figure out our abilities? Should it be soon after we wake up, or over time? Also, how does Teleportation get discovered? The other abilities activate during stress or seem to be reflexive, but for Teleportation there isn't much detailing how it activates. Sorry if I'm being a bother.
Not a bother at all! I enjoy questions.

Firstly, abilities should be discovered over time- if anything, you may discover them in-character in your first few posts- but they will be quite weak. For example, your character may be able to teleport 2 feet the first time and will be faced with extreme exhaustion. To be able to get the special item that is designated for your character, he/she will need to practice his skill until they are able to teleport the entire twenty feet vertically to reach his/her item. Teleportation would also be reflexive!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

The uniqueness of this idea has definitely caught my attention, the abilities you've listed are also interesting and I like how you've essentially worked a 'goal' into each of them. Could I get pathfinding reserved? I should be able to get a character sheet up tomorrow or the next day at the latest.

The uniqueness of this idea has definitely caught my attention, the abilities you've listed are also interesting and I like how you've essentially worked a 'goal' into each of them. Could I get pathfinding reserved? I should be able to get a character sheet up tomorrow or the next day at the latest.

Of course! I'd like to get the RP kicked off by a few days from now, so this works well. c:

Dylan Andrews
Personality: Dylan is a man of many, many words. He always seems to have something to talk or jest about, often muttering to himself if no one else is around to talk to him. He seems to take comfort in his own voice. He is a firm believer in the sciences, or more specifically the facts. If he knows, or believes, that it is a fact he doesn't care about your opinion or whether or not it could hurt who he's talking to. This doesn't mean he is uncaring however, and after being given time to cool down he often feels guilty for what he said, even if he is too proud to admit fault.
Special Ability: Teleportation: This may be used once per in character day by the user. They may only teleport up to twenty feet.
Appearance: Refer to the picture for the most part. Dylan is of average height for a male Caucasian, just hitting 6' 1". He is of a pretty scrawny build due to a lack of any true exercise, with only a couple of muscles. He's thin enough that his ribs and spine are just evident through his skin when he breathes or bends. He's wearing a plain brown t-shirt with a chest pocket and a pair of dark blue jeans with relatively new sneakers.
Backstory: Dylan has lived a pretty typical life. Born in Australia, Dylan would live there for most of his life until, at the age of 14, he and his family moved overseas to America for a change of scenery. From there he would attend the local high school, graduate with above average marks and quickly move off to college to study a bachelors in business management. After a year of this he would find himself chosen as a subject and wake up next to a wall that put china and the old president Trump to shame.
Memento: An old teddy bear he used to have as a kid. He would turn to it for comfort whenever he felt sad.​

Last edited:
Dylan Andrews
Personality: Dylan is a man of many, many words. He always seems to have something to talk or jest about, often muttering to himself if no one else is around to talk to him. He seems to take comfort in his own voice. He is a firm believer in the sciences, or more specifically the facts. If he knows, or believes, that it is a fact he doesn't care about your opinion or whether or not it could hurt who he's talking to. This doesn't mean he is uncaring however, and after being given time to cool down he often feels guilty for what he said, even if he is too proud to admit fault.
Special Ability: Teleportation: This may be used once per in character day by the user. They may only teleport up to twenty feet.
Appearance: Refer to the picture for the most part. Dylan is of average height for a male Caucasian, just hitting 6' 1". He is of a pretty scrawny build due to a lack of any true exercise, with only a couple of muscles. He's thin enough that his ribs and spine are just evident through his skin. He's wearing a plain brown t-shirt with a chest pocket and a pair of dark blue jeans with relatively new sneakers.
Backstory: Dylan has lived a pretty typical life. Born in Australia, Dylan would live there for most of his life until, at the age of 14, he and his family moved overseas to America for a change of scenery. From there he attended the local high school, graduate with above average marks and quickly move off to college to study a bachelors in business management. After a year of this he would find himself chosen as a subject and wake up next to a wall that put china and the old president Trump to shame.
Memento: An old teddy bear he used to have as a kid. He would turn to it for comfort whenever he felt sad.​

Great! Adding it to the depository now.

I'd love to join as the final player. Looks like all that's left is night-vision, but that's the one I was interested in anyway so it all works out. I can probably get a character sheet done tonight or by tomorrow. :3

I'd love to join as the final player. Looks like all that's left is night-vision, but that's the one I was interested in anyway so it all works out. I can probably get a character sheet done tonight or by tomorrow. :3

Awesome!

Name:
Felicia Hardy

Personality:
Felicia can be shy at first, mostly because she’s embarrassed of her sometimes broken English, but once you get to know her, she’s very pleasant to be around. Studying in psychotherapy, she’s very empathetic and understands how people’s emotions work, a great listener. She prefers to be the peace-maker, helping to calm people down if a fight starts.

Special Ability:
Night vision. Occurs in a period of time from dusk until dawn, though causes severe headaches on occasion. It does not work in the hours of light during the day or in general dark spaces; it must be under the moon. Will awaken in a cave not far north from the lake.

Appearance:
She has light blonde hair and soft light blue eyes. She’s on the shorter side, around 5’5” but keeps an average build. She was abducted in blue jeans, a white loose-fitting t-shirt and sneakers.

Backstory:
Felicia was born in Moscow, Russia and spent over half of her life there, until her parents decided to move to America when she was twelve. Her life was relatively peaceful and ordinary, despite her troubles picking up English. She was two years into a degree in psychotherapy before she found herself abducted and thrown into some sick psychological experiment herself.

Memento:
A ruby encrusted pendant that her mother gave her.

Back