Epic Roleplay Rules & Guidelines
What is an epic roleplay? An epic roleplay is simply a forum roleplay of a size and scope that requires its own contained forum space. They are large, open world settings with a sizable number of players and no singular plotline or story end. Due to their nature they can quickly become cluttered and chaotic in our standard play-by-post forums, so we offer personal forum space to run these roleplays inside of. This allows for the use of multiple threads and sub-forums to organize the roleplay within.
Epic roleplays also offer some basic moderator privilages for both the GM and co-GMs within their roleplay. This includes the ability to sticky threads, lock/unlock threads, manage thread tags, and ban users from participating in threads.
How do I setup an epic roleplay? To setup an epic roleplay you simply need to PM a the following information to Tiko, Dashmiel, and Yun Lee (use a single conversation and include all three admins as recipients). One of us will get into contact with you as soon as we are available.
Are there any rules for epic roleplays?
- The name of your roleplay
- A brief 1-2 sentence description of the roleplay to be displayed under the name in the forums
- The names and order of any subforums that your roleplay will require, including a brief 1-2 sentence description for each. Please provide this in an ordered bullet list clearly showing which forums belong in what order, and which forums belong inside of which forums.
- Names of any co-GMs you wish to include in your roleplay
- A minimum of five user names who will be participating in your roleplay (including yourself).
- A brief blurb about your roleplay explaining to the admins what it will be about.
Epic roleplays must maintain a minimum level of activity. If there has been no activity within an epic roleplay for a span of three months, it will be moved to the archives to clear up the forums. An archived epic roleplay can be reinstated at any time at the request of its owner.
Here is an example of an Epic Roleplay form submission. Please be mindful that it is just an example. The sub-forum structure will not be the same for every roleplay. The important thing is to make sure you use layered bullets so we can tell which forums will be inside of which forums.
Name: Chronicles of the Omniverse
Description: Chronicles of the Omniverse is a multi-genre roleplay set within a constantly growing universe created and maintained by you, the player. From medieval fantasy worlds, to sprawling sci-fi nations, all can find a home within the Omniverse.
Forums and Sub-forums:
- Omniverse Out-of-Character Forums - Forums for all of your out-of-character Omniverse needs./
- Character Sheets - Storage space for character threads. Please keep it to one thread per player.
- Group Pages - Storage space for group threads. Please keep it to one thread per group.
- Omniverse In-Character Forums - Forums for all of your in-character Omniverse needs.
- The Onyx Galaxy - The Onyx Galaxy - also commonly known as the Milky Way - is vastly populated and heavily trafficked by some of the largest reaching nations of the Omniverse. Despite the seemingly inexhaustible reach of numerous galactic nations though, it still holds countless secrets yet undiscovered within its depths. The Onyx Galaxy proves as diverse as it is large, containing everything from space fairing civilizations to primitive and fantastical planets.
- Valore - Torn asunder by rifts through time and space, Valore serves as a crossroads between archaic heritages and the technological advances of the ages. From dragons to cyborgs, from sorcerers to modern sciences, all can find place upon its soil.
- The Andromeda Galxy - As dangerous as it is vast, the Andromeda Galaxy is to be ventured into with great caution. It is both home to vast space-fairing nations, as well as uncharted territories yet to reveal the dangers they contain.
- The Outer Realms - Beyond the realm of man can be found the outer realms. From the raw elemental planes of chaos to the glimmering realms of the gods, all manner of fantastical worlds lay beyond the sight of the mortal plane.
- Aelora - Aelora is a land forgotten. Legend tells of a blight known only as The Void that spread through Aelora two millenia ago. As nation after nation fell Aelora was lost to time and memory.
- Omniverse Archives
Co-GMs: Script, Sentry, Dashmiel, and Lobos
5 Interested Players: Script. Sentry, Dashmiel, Lobos, and Tiko
Brief Blurb: Chronicles of the Omniverse is an open-world sandbox roleplay meant to cater to players of all interest, skill level, and genre interests. It spans numerous plot-lines across a multiversal setting with elements of sci-fi, fantasy, modern and many more.