An In-Character intro to my Skyrim Special Edition Bosmer Dragonborn, Paligan Oakwind

That Guy

Lost Mine of Phandelver - Ask me for details!
My name is Paligan Oakwind, and I am a survivor. First of the assassin that killed my parents, then of the Legion, and now of the dragons. I was born in Windhelm to a Nord smith and a Bosmer enchanter. Life was hard. The other children mocked me simply because I was an elf, and they weren’t. Then the White-Gold Concordat was signed. Ulfric, damn him, emboldened the Nords. A lone wolf in the night slaughtered them, leaving me to die. I made my way to Solitude, forcing myself to leave the home I had for so long. I joined the Legion, where I would meet Ragnar. He actually understood what life had been like for me since he was an orphan as well. We developed a relationship and got married, leaving the Legion. Soon after though, we were called back into duty, told to go to Helgen. Apparently Ulfric had been captured by an ambush. Then the dragon came. I had never been more terrified until then, and I was outside of the city when it came by. I only assume that Ulfric died. And now I want nothing more than to watch him and his Stormcloaks burn.

Back