The Masquerade Arrival (Ixis introduction thread)

Natalija

Queen of LaLa Land, state of Capital Bulshit :P
A hour after midnight, Folkestone, Kent...

Among the endless procesion of cars, buses, and trucks coming out of the Tunnel from Calais, and being admited thru a border checkpoint at the mouth of the tunnel in-to England, a metallic-violet Ford Puma, 2002 model, french registrations, crawled slowly toward the checkpoint. The leather-clad young woman at the wheel of the compact coupe scowled. She never liked these border-crossings. Vhile it vas safer to do it over land, rather then by air, and avoid dealing vith heavy security at the airports, especialy after the... cirkumstances... that compeled her to finaly leave France, Ixis stil feled a bit un-easy.

The dot-trail of crimes she comitted thru-out France over the past 4 years she been there, vas not a small one, and the Kindred woman has finaly run out of places to move on and keep the law off of her. She had alredy achieved notoriety as a mysterus "Teddy Bear Killer" that the French autoritys wer by now desperate to catch. That ment, as always, that the time has come for her to change the scenery a bit more permanently, and flee to another country. Before France, if vas Sweden. Before Sweden, it vas Austria. Before Austria, it vas Croatia, before Croatia, it vas Poland, before Poland, it vas Estonia, before Estonia... wel, she figured there wer more, since the day she vas Embraced, over half a century ago, but the further back she tryed to remember, the more hazy it got. No doubt the still-opened or obsolete case-files in those countrys remembered beter then she did.

"So many teddy bears... I wish I didnt have to cleanse them... but it NEEDS to be done! They NEED to be cleansed, to show me the way! But not anymore... not... not yet. Not until I lack direction agen. Theres a reason they all pointed there cute little paws to the west, as the blood dryed in them. Always to the west, town by town, city by city, country by country, since the day I was... I... Maybe... just maybe... I wil find the one who Embraced me, in England? Or maybe... I wil need to go ever more... west... ?"

"I'l find out." she mutered out-loud, iron determination in her voice, shaking her head sligtly, her dark eyes flashing brifly, as she re-focused on the road ahead, and the aproaching checkpoint. The lights ahead iluminated more of her face. She vas beautiful, shaped right in all the right places for a woman to be, the kind of face and figure to draw gazes, vhether lustful or just admiring, almost aniwhere she vent.

As her turn to pass the check came, she reached next to her on the co-driver's seat, to her purse, and the ID there, the name Marie Sienne on it. A fake name, on a fake ID, just the latest in a long line, that she chooze to use to get her over the border. A member of several of the organized crime outfits in multiple countrys, over the decades, it vas never a dificult matter for Ixis to have akcess to expertly forged fake documents. And her conections among the dregs of mortal society served the Anarch wel at times, too.

Flashing a smile and a hooded gaze, at the officer at the checkpoint, she noticed the human male's eyes imediatly drop down to her generous cleavage, almost on there own, before he focused them back on her ID. Smiling back at her, he handed it back, and waved her past.

Finally.... new begining! As she akcelerated away from the checkpoint, and driven thru the streets of Folkestone, Ixis looked around at the trankuil little town. She culdnt sense any of her own kind here. Vhile that suited her, as she generaly liked to be as far from other Kindred as she culd, she knew that she wuld never find more clues that way. Teddy bears only given her direction, but not the actual focal point. And besydes... it wuld be boring! She hated boring.

No... she didnt come here to hide agen. London... that vas where she needed to go. One of the few massive focal points of Kindred society in the world. If there vas any place where she may find the one she spent so long in hunting for, London wuld be it. And if not... wel... the teddy bears pointed west, and if they kept pointing west, there vas plenty more west to go, across the ocean.

For now, London wuld be it. Smoothly akcelerating up M20 from Folkestone, thru Ashford and Maidstone, the ageing sports coupe vas at the outskirts of London, by 3AM in the morning. Even from out here, Ixis culd sense the pervading prezence of the Kindred, in the sprawling metropolis. She smirked to her-self...

"Time to introduce myself, I guess. And find a place to crash for the day."

Back