Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Carina-Sagittarius Arm

"We are not terrans." Inviere replied. "To some, that name could be considered an insult, as we refer to the citizens of the Terran National Government, an entity whom we are at war with, as terrans." Inviere explained, finishing the last of her serving. "We are Aschen, and your Xenoscientists... would do well to remember that."

While the tone of the dinner took a brief turn downwards, it was interrupted by the audible chime of the intercom.

"Chairman Inviere, please contact the CIC, Chairman Inviere, CIC."

Pausing for a moment, the Chairman inclined her head briefly to Assara speaking. "Excuse me for a moment." Before she slowly stood up from her chair, and quickly moving over towards a telephone receiver that was hanging from a nearby wall. After what was spoken, which was in hushed Anquietas, Inviere's demeanor seemed to abruptly change. "We just recieved word from the Minister of Defense; the invasion has been called off, apparently someone made a temporary truce with the Shade Dominion." The Chairman said, before taking her seat once more, picking up on the discussion as if the interruption never occurred.

"We've traveled outside this galaxy, I'm not entirely sure you are ready for the horrors that await beyond this galaxy." Inviere said cooly.

Assara shifted again, this time with some surprise. She hadn't known the term 'Terran' to be insulting before, but she'd also never met any of the Aschen beyond a few outcasts or vagrants- the very dregs out society that are so often overlooked. She frowned slightly, but made no move to speak as Inviere was busied by a communication. As she had the moment available, she turned to the ladies in her entourage and began to speak in the more ancient Iarin dialect.

"Be cautious in what you speak to these people, once you have learned their tongues. To call them Terran may warrant far more consequence than to call them by their chosen species name. While they share the genetics of other peoples, they distinguish themselves proudly, if not unnecessarily." She turned back to Inviere as the Chairman seated herself once more

"Congratulations, Chairman," she responded, returning to their common language. "It is good to know that you will have no current need to shed the blood of another species. After all, with the anomalies present around Valore, it would be somewhat risky to send in a fleet of any true size, or so I would say. Granted, I do not claim to know what precautions your people have taken to stave off the ill effects of traveling in such risky locales." She held up a hand somewhat, palm to the table.

"And trust me, I do not need you to tell me you people's capabilities. While I would like to say that this meeting has gone quite well, I do not think we've come to such a point that tactical discussion would be warranted." She smiled and the ladies with her laughed politely. She had made a joke, despite her tone remaining proper and without jovial inflection, or so it seemed.

"You say that beyond the galaxy lies horror, but there too must be wonder, or else why would we feel so drawn to travel there? Already we have found that the galaxy does not worry our people, at least when it comes to traveling the stars. And with the return of our highest success to study once more, we are more than capable of finding ways to speed ourselves even further, so another galaxy, Andromeda perhaps, does not seem outside the scope of our plans. Still, as I said before, I know not the full extent to which my highers have chosen to go.

"I can only hope that there will be some peace forged between our peoples, so that the relaxed cohabitation of the Onyx Galaxy is not endangered."

Back