My idea for a roleplay, can I have some feedback please

Casper

So I had an idea for a roleplay, I have done a little bit of research and some planning. I figured if it goes well I can continue with it and make more arcs for it.

Place: Southern England
Time: 1890's

An old man is a member of an ancient order of Anglo-Saxons, he is looking for a lost artifact possibly dropped by one of the Gods of one of the Germanic Tribes, the artifact in question has mysterious powers.

I decided to make some kind of magic fighting in this, and I decided to use runes, For example, If I wanted to cast a fire spell upon you, I would have to activate a rune, that is written in stone, I could have some readily available, or if I was in an absolute pinch pick a stone from the ground and write the rune in. When activating the rune, you must speak the word of the rune, and then what shape it will take, so for a fire ball I would yell "Fire Ball" and then send the rune in the direction of the target. There would also be wall rune spells, and shield rune spells, along with a few other, Most of the other roleplayers would either be melee fighters (sword, spear etc) or ranged (Bow, crossbow etc) There are to be a few battles along the way of the first quest. The first one is a battle with the Order of Bishops, and the big battle would be with the descendants of the Germanic Tribes. I think my magic system needs some pointers, i have never used this type of magic before, but I wanted it to have more depth then what some magic has.

Extra Thought: The runes can be written in blood to increase power, and to ensure that only the person whose blood is on the stone can use the runes, Once the words are spoken the rune disappears and it takes about a second for the magic to activate

Last edited:
I don't know how RolePlayers like their stories in this Forum but I'll tell you what I think from personal experience. I think your RP needs a bit more fleashing out. I read alot about battle but nothing about story. And a good story is key is you want to keep your players interested for an extended period of time. I'm not sure what to say about your battle system as I've never done anything like that one before. Perhaps a Tabletop RpG could give you some pointers on that.
Its a good start, keep working on it! You could easily make this into an interesting roleplay.

Back