Persona: Sunset Over the Eastern Sea [CLOSED]

Minerva

South of the Border, West of the Sun

Japan, 20XX

paul-chadeisson-inso-immigrant-wall-pc-retouch.jpg

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
― H.P. Lovecraft, Supernatural Horror in Literature (1927)

“When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

Based on: The Matter of Britain, the Matter of France, the works of HP Lovecraft, the works of Haruki Murakami (Specifically Kafka on the Shore with some elements of 1Q84)

Character Sheet:

vlr18lip3nvy.png

Appearance: (Images work fine. If you have one for your Knight form as well, you can put that)

Name:

Backstory:

Personality:

Arcana: (Use this to help choose depending on your character's personality)

Primary weapon: (melee and gun)

Anything I forgot:

Rules:
1. All rules of the site apply
2. My word is law as GM
3. Please keep all OoC Fights OoC and all IC fights IC
4. Feel free to field any questions you might have to me!
5. If you need help making a character, I'd be happy to help you make one, or make one for you!
6. Writing expectations: I'd like at least one gramatically correct paragraph posted at least twice a week.

Characters:

(Personas are given for you to choose from)

Tarot_Card_Entry_Cover.jpg

0: The Fool (King Arthur)
I: The Magician
II: The High Priestess (Morgan La Fey)
III: The Empress (Guinevere)
IV: The Emperor (Uther Pendragon)
V: The Hierophant (Merlin)
VI: The Lovers (Sir Perceval)
VII: The Chariot (Sir Lancelot)
VIII: The Justice (Sir Gawain)
IX: The Hermit
X: Wheel of Fortune
XI: The Strength (Sir Kay)
XII: The Hanged Man (Mordred)
XIII: Death
XIV: Temperance (Sir Galahad)
XV: The Devil (Roland)
XVI: The Tower (Sir Tristan)
XVII: The Star (Charlemagne)
XVIII: The Moon (Astolfo)
XIX: The Sun
XX: Judgment
XXI: The World

The Dreamlands:

The Persona portions will take place in The Dreamlands. The Dreamlands are a reflection of our world where people project when asleep. Some people are known as Lords of the Dreamlands. Those are people who have gained power in real life and the ability to manipulate the Dreamlands.

Most Lords keep to themselves, ruling their portion of the Dreamlands fairly. Sometimes, however, corruption can set in. Corruption in the Dreamlands means someone becomes corrupt in the real world, no matter how hard they try and hide it.

The Realms of the Dreamlands take the form of their Lord's perceptions and visions. One lord might have a feudal Japanese city, whereas another could have a modern-style city right next to it, and there could be a field straight out of Medieval England next to that.

Due to the fantastical nature of the Dreamlands, Persona users are called "Knights" and have Personas based on knights from the Matter of Britain and the Matter of France. Persona users also gain armor and a weapon.

Uh, I'll probably work out a rough map of the city at some point. There are several more locations. But yeah, this is a hard reboot of another Persona RP I recently tried that was basically just a rehash of Persona 5. This time, i decided to remake it from scratch and throw in my own twists, even though it follows Persona 5 chronologically.​

Last edited:
I've been told this, yes. I somehow screwed up the default color and have tried to convert it back several times.
If you switch to black (if you're not already on it) it has a small inkdrop button in the text options. You should be able to highlight everything and then use that to change it to default.

If you switch to black (if you're not already on it) it has a small inkdrop button in the text options. You should be able to highlight everything and then use that to change it to default.
That... fixed it. Thanks for the info.

Now it’s a whole lot more difficult.

Again never played the games or anything and I’m often busy fooling around to be looking at it sorry
There's a list of suitable Personas for this RP on the OP.

Alright I’ll avoid those two

How about Death?
I don't have a Persona set out for that, as the original persona set out for The Death turns out to fit The Tower. If it doesn't have a name in parentheses next to it, it's used for an NPC.

Back