Fanfiction The Wishes of Two Fathers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club

This is a small look into what happened after Aiden and Noah were sent back to their home worlds at the end of the Second Cell Games, and will be broken into two parts/chapters and might possibly contain spoilers for anyone not currently caught up on the webtoons Lumine and Rebirth.

---

Part 1: A Final Goodbye?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f31504d442d2d4333506e514f78513d3d2d35352e313466636232323936383536393635323139343334313536353033302e6a7067

The only wish I'd ever have...is for Lumine and Kody to keep each other safe.

That was his one wish. That's why he sent them away. Why he fought the werewolf that tried to attack their manor. Why he ordered Sherry to take the boys away. Take them somewhere safe.

No...

No, that wasn't exactly true, was it?

c26beb53793f6cad125e53f513884b53ca04d5f9.jpg

"I-me and Sherry will handle this. You two don't have to worry…"

He had lied.

"Kody. Lumine. Take care of each other, alright?"

He could only do so much at that time, but was glad to have teleported them away before being summoned to defeat Cell...

"Kody. I wish I could have been a better Father to you. Thank you for being born, you are the only reason I've made it this far. Take care, Kody."

That's right...those were some of the last things he said to his son before transporting him and Lumine away…he could still hear Kody's cry of protest, his hand just inches away from touching the man before them before they were gone in a flash of green light.

"Wait! Da--!!"

Hands balling into fists as he watched them disappear due to his spell, he didn't want to see such a hurt look on his son's face. At least he wouldn't of had to keep that image in his mind too long after ending up in Cell's game.

He just...couldn't stop worrying, in the back of his mind, even as he smiled and acted easy going and cheerful, he just couldn't help but wonder if he did the right thing by the boys.

Smiling sadly as he felt the ground under him where he kneeled as he returned as if nothing changed, he glanced down at Sherry's still form, running a hand through her fur before pulling her head into his lap. Despite being healed-being proof that he really did experience what happened in that other world-there was a twinge of pain where his wound once was.

I failed as a Father...but if my other wish carries through, then that's enough. They're together…I can only hope that I've done enough. He thought as he closed his eyes.

Who knew, maybe in another life things would've been different? Maybe he would of been better and done more for Kody? For Lumine? For everyone who he considered 'family'?

Maybe maybe maybe maybe--

"You've finally given up, huh? After sending the kids to safety...you've managed to make my job ten times more difficult. It's about time to get rid of you." The wolf behind him snarled.

I'm sorry…

Who that was for, specifically, not even Aiden was sure.

45872612_1209577666072042_297929322583648874_n.jpg

There was a flash of teeth and a splatter of blood staining the ground.

lwpxr3ioq5.jpg

In a snow covered land, two boys would appear in the outskirts of a town in a flash of green. Making their way into the town as the sun rose, they'd be hit by the sight of people and weredogs alike walking the streets speaking a foreign tongue along with foreign words on signs.

It would turn out to be Lumine's homeland of Terranevo. Lumine and Kody would find all kinds of trouble in the next couple of months, but at least they'd have each other and a few new friends. Hopefully, Aiden's wish will be granted for what's to come.

Part 1-End

Last edited:
Part 2: Their Wish = Same Goal

The only wish I'd ever have...is for Neo to remain safe. For him to live.

That's all Noah wished for. That's the only thing he wanted from Shenron. Not to fix the timeline he fractured. Not to give him more than two years to fix his mistake. Not to even save his marriage-and that was almost laughable. There wasn't much to salvage there when Parish only married him because he got the company instead of his brother.

No, he would do what he could to right his wrongs after being given a second chance to be a better father to his sons. He wouldn't let some magical dragon just brush his mistakes and wrong doings under the rug for him and make everything better. That didn't mean he wouldn't waste the opportunity to try and make sure one goal of his had a bit of extra insurance.

77cf57b26cd5a0e62a016fe83b9e9066dddafbcb.jpg

Law tasked him with making sure Neo lived, and he had no intention of letting his boy die an early death or be forced to become a test subject of the military. Not in this timeline.

Tik. Tik.

His heart monitor quickly went into the yellow as he began to stress over the thought, eyes closed as he tried to breath and calm his heart rate. Unaware that the monitor screen began to glow gold the moment he made it back to his world.

'Neo must live. He must. I have to do better, I have to make things right by them both--' he thought. He would do right by his sons, he just needed to make sure he didn't let Abel fall into his mother's influence and keep trying to mend things with Neo.

"That is right. Welcome back."

"!!" Noah started, eyes snapping open as he finally realized he was back home, blinking and surprised to hear Law speaking to him. Yellow butterflies like phantoms floated about in the hallway he stood in, and those around him seemed frozen in place.

'Law? What is this?' Noah was both confused and in awe, not quite understanding what he was seeing.

"I have bent the rules for you one more time, and it's draining...I was not sure how long I could keep it up, so let's hope a situation like this doesn't happen again." The otherworldly being spoke in the man's head, exasperated and likely exhausted.

'I see…' Noah thought, troubled. His hand touched his monitor, which was blue so he was in the clear for now.

"I cannot bend the law anymore. Understand?" Law spoke, though Noah didn't voice or think about the fact that said being said the same thing before but was bending the very laws he said he wouldn't again.

'Yes, I understand.' he replied. The butterflies faded, and time began to resume normally once more.

"Good." Law sounded pleased, even as his voice began to fade like the butterflies around Noah.

When Law didn't respond to Noah calling him out mentally, he stopped trying and watched as time seemed to resume normally.

"What happened, why is the door unlocked? Didn't I tell you to keep it sealed?" Noah asked as he was led by three other members of their too large group to a door that should of been barricaded to keep the undead formerly known as Esther inside. He remembered that something urgent had came up before being dragged into that mess with Cell, but this didn't sit well at all and raised multiple red flags at once.

"The person who was in charge of guarding this place stopped hearing noises from inside early this morning, so he went to check through the windows...Ugh it's hard to put it into words, just see for yourself." Wynn sighed as he opened the door. Noah didn't like the sound of it one bit, and what he was greeted with left him surprised and confused.

"!!" What he saw was something that shocked him first, then confused him second.

28db3fcf6747d1c4dfaf799a9f305abd4815dced.jpg

"What happened here?" He asked aloud. There was a large hole in the wall, and Esther's body was mutilated as if someone...or something tore her apart but made sure to destroy the head. Whatever it was, he wasn't sure if he wanted to find out…

If it was a result of the timeline being altered so much, did this mean the second eclipse was approaching even sooner? Or was this something bigger than what he's faced in his Past-Future? Was this something as strong or even stronger than Cell and his forces? As unlikely as the last one seemed, whatever the case may be, he knew he'd have to do better to protect Neo.

He was beginning to wonder if only having two years left alive was enough, but maybe he should count himself lucky--another version of himself could of had less time or probably didn't even have the chance to do things over.

Part 2-End?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back