Resolved/Answered Trouble Logging In

This has been happening to me a lot lately and I thought it was just due to the site migration, however it still persists long after the server switch. What happens is this:
I will try to log in, the form will submit and it will appear that I've been logged in. My username will be in the top right and such. However, when I try to do anything pertaining to my account, check my alerts or post, etc, an error will pop up prompting me to log in. So I'll log in on that form, it gets submitted and says I'm logged, but then the same thing happens again.

This seems to occur a random number of times and eventually the login will be registered, but I typically have to submit three or more logins for it to do so. What is more is that I've found I keep getting kicked out of my session. I'll be logged in, able to preform actions with my account, and then randomly when I post it will ask me to log in again even though I never logged out.

Is anyone else having issues like this? I joined this forum during the site migration, so I don't know if it was a problem before the transfer, but it definitely is now. Any insight on the possible problem and/or workarounds? Thanks!

It definitely wasn't a problem before the move, and I haven't heard about any issues regarding this post-move. But that's not to say that it's not an issue and others just haven't reported it yet. My FIRST suspicion would be that it could be a cookies issue, conflicting with your cookies from the original server/website. This one is a duplicate/copy of the original. My initial recommendation would be to clear your cache and cookies, and see if that resolves it. If it doesn't, Dashmiel can take a closer look into it when he gets off work.

That makes sense, its now cleared. I tried logging out and back in again and worked the first time, but it could have just been luck. I'll let you know if it persists at all.

Any further troubles with this? If not I'll go ahead and flag it as resolved :)

Unfortunately yes, same thing last night. But just now I logged in and it only took one try. If there isn't anyone else having these issues, its likely something on my end. Although I cleared the cache and cookies, it might be that there's a duplicate authentication token being created occasionally. Or perhaps the cookie deletion isn't going through locally when I logout. If that was the case, the server may be trying to validate with the already expired cookie that's still on my machine.

If it helps any, I'm running Linux, Xubuntu to be specific, and I'm using the Chromium browser. It could easily be a specific problem case with my OS/software. If nobody else is having this issue, then its a bug on my end and you guys can go ahead and close it.

I'll canvas around and see if anyone else is having any trouble.

Back