Valkyrie (Continuation of my contest entry)

Imperatus Rex

Semper Imperatus
"Then we shall fall from the sky, and drown as Icarus drowned." He says with a smile. She looks back to the marionette, and fetches it to bring to the table. Lifting its arms, she starts to cut wings from a patch of fabric on the table. "Why don't the Valkyrie fall." She asks, bending brass wire to support the cloth. "They are restless. Their wings never tire I suppose." He answers, sketching a wing design made of brass and silk. She begins stitching the wings onto the marionette, and spreads them to their fullest.

"How can they be so tireless?" She questions, analyzing the wooden puppet. "Freyja doesn't wish for them to tire." He answered, followed by a shrug. She takes a stick of wax, and it breaks easily with her fingers. "Are the Valkyries wings made of wax and feather?" She asks as she tries to see how easily the brass and silken wings break. "They are made of feather, flesh, and bone I would think." He answers, sketching armature and measurements as he references birds anatomy sketches. She nods, "That would make sense." she says as she fails to bend the brass wires easily.

"Would flesh not burn in the sun as well, like a sunburn would singe it on a hot day?" She says as she watches him sketch the design. "The sun burns all that nears it. To touch the sun is a blasphemy, one we are not capable of committing." He answers, "A candle alone could burn Icarus alive if he nears too close." He states as he watches wax drip down the candelabra.

Last edited:
Back