Blood Handy

When the drink arrived he didn't acknowledge it. He felt his face grow hot at the sound of laughter, and decided for now it'd be best to keep his face hidden. He heard the male's comment about how interesting humans were, and in his mind he agreed. Humans had always intrigued him in a way, but his only use for them was sustenance. Hardly even that now.

The feeling of eyes started to fade, but there were some still there. And with the heat the demon felt in his cheeks now, it was just better to keep his face behind his hands. He needed that sustenance soon before things got worse.

Cindy shakes her head at the male. "He hasn't had a drink since he walked in." She shrugs and moves to her feet. Settling her tool bag on her shoulder she nods to the bartender. " don't break that ice box again." She teased.

Then nods to the demon. "Thank you for the conversation. Have a good night." She smiles softly then heads for the door.

Ghirahim raised a brow at her calm way of handling things. "Yes you too." He turned and watched her head out, then stood himself up. What do humans do in their free time? It was about time he got to know about the species before boasting about how excellent of a ruler he considered himself. In fact, if he knew nothing of his lower ranking friends, he'd be quite a bad leader! He couldn't stand the thought of such humiliation. Time to study.

He cleared his throat and slowly walked towards the exit. Before completely leaving however, he decided to lean down next to the other. "Don't think I haven't noticed you staring." he whispered gently. "You seem quite interested in that human. I'll have you know though, I don't like people interfering with my plans, so you are to leave her alone." He looked and sounded calm, but a threat was an obvious threat. He then made his way out the door.

There was a soft red glow through the spaces between his fingers, especially where his eyes supposedly were. He felt his face grow warmer, not so much with embarrassment anymore but with a sort of rage. What kind of plans would the other male have with that human? Of course, Red couldn't exactly sense what kind of supernatural the other was, so it could be a range of things.

Still, he could sense some sort power and regality from this other male, so he decided it might be a good idea to not mess with him. But to get another target in a place where he had already drawn attention to himself would lead to something happening, something that would not be in his favor. So he stood and thanked the bartender for the drink that he was leaving behind, then headed for the exit, planning to go a completely different direction from the other two. For now, at least.

Cindy had made her way to her truck which was parked in the lot next to the bar. She pulled her bag from her shoulder and slung the heavy thing into the tool box that set in the bed of the truck across the back. Once she had it in place she closed the lid and pulled her keys from her pocket.

She pauses a moment and looks to the sky. Her thoughts on her father. She missed that old man. With a heavy sigh she turns her attention back to unlocking her truck so she could go home.

Ghirahim left with a smirk and watched her carefully. He didn't usually come out of his forest so the truck was a new sight to him. He leaned against the wall, pretending to rest as he waited for her to start leaving.

How would that thing move without horses? He didn't know. Looks like he has a lot of catching up to do with knowledge of technology. Raising a brow, he watched perplexed and intrigued. Did this human possess a magical object? What had her spacing off so much? He'd find out sooner or later.

He made sure to avoid the truck just to be safe, and started off towards another bar to find his prey. He didn't really care who at this point, he just needed something to satisfy the hunger.

A few blocks down he found a spot, approached the most drunk person they could find just to make it easy, and lured them behind the building. There he drew their soul out of them and dumped their pale, lifeless body into the nearby dumpster. Hopefully no one would find out before someone came to take the trash away. It didn't occur to him yet that the way he treated his victims might not be the greatest. He always bit into them to get the sweet stuff inside, then threw the body away like a candy wrapper.

Well, whether his tactics for survival would seem selfish, cruel, or anything but good in the eyes of humans, Red didn't care right now. Once he had his sustenance he started home, wanting all of this to just be over. If he were to pass Cindy's truck or Ghirahim on the way back, he likely wouldn't acknowledge it at first.

Cindy got her truck unlocked and hopped inside. The truck was about three years old and had been used well. She didn't have use for anything fancy just enough to haul and carry what she needed.

Once in the truck she started up the engine. It roared to life with a soft rumble. She gives it a moment to warm up. With a look at the clock, she realized she had stayed out later than she planned but she had one more stop to make before she would go home. Her father's grave.

He watched in surprise as the truck started up but shrugged it off, deciding not to focus on it too much at the moment.

Seeing her glance at her clock, he took this moment to teleport into the back of her truck. Of course, he knew to duck down out of sight quickly. He frowned, squirming a bit in discomfort. It was rather cold up against the metal. He silently summoned up a small blanket and wrapped himself up in it as he waited for the beast to move.

He retreated to his bedroom as soon as he got home, kicking his shoes off and plopping down on the bed. He closed his eyes to try and calm his mind, but it didn't seem to work. His thoughts kept returning to the girl and that other demon.

The male had been right, Red was interested in the human. But what was it about her that made him so fascinated? And even though the other demon had posed a threat, he couldn't help but wonder if he'd really carry it out if he started going after the human again, even just to watch her. His curiosity was starting to take him over, maybe he could start experimenting a little with those two.

With the truck warmed up, she puts it into gear and heqads out of the parking lot. She drives smoothly as she guides the Chevy through the rather quiet streets.

It didn't take her long to reach the graveyard. She parks as she reaches the line of tombstones her father was in. She takes a deep breath before getting out.

She walks along the path quietly until she reached a stone that bore the name of her father. Gently she cleaned some leaves off of it before kneeling before it. "Miss you daddy." She murmurs.

Ghirahim stiffened at first, when it began to move. He wasn't really sure what to expect but he soon relaxed.

When it stopped, he waited a moment before peeking out and following cautiously.

Seeing her actions and words, not to mention surroundings, he felt a bit guilty for spying on her on such a time. He could understand loss, greatly understand. He lightly gripped onto his blue earring which was given to him by his mother as he watched. Maybe later he could pay his respects to her father. Why wait though?

Silent, he summoned a group of flowers and waited. When she decides to leave is when he'll place them there.

After a minute or so of trying to relax, he got up, put his shoes back on, and left his dwelling one more time. Hopefully the last time for tonight.

Once he got out the door, he took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and allowed his instincts take over to try and guide him to the girl. His instincts usually never steered him wrong. His feet moved after a minute, almost as if on their own. He didn't know where they would take him, but as long as he eventually found the girl he'd be fine with it.

Though, in the back of his mind, something about this still felt wrong. Maybe it was the fear that if the other demon found out, he might be able to tear Red to pieces. Whatever it was, he didn't let it stop him.

Cindy sat there for a while in the darkness at her father's grave. It was the only time she would ever cry. Silent tears had fallen from her eyes and down her cheeks.

After several long minutes, she finally rose back to her feet. Gently she touches the stone one more time before making her way back to her truck.

She wipes at her eyes as she walks but stops short and looks around. "Who is there?"

He froze. Has he been spotted?! He ducked down a bit more in a nearby bush.

Crap! I guess I spaced off a bit. . .Has she seen me? Should I just pretend I'm visiting a grave too?

He thought for a moment and then decided it'd be best to do so. Quickly, he worked up some fake tears and put on a sad face. He bowed his head and sniffled, rubbing his eyes and turning to the closest stone.

When he opened his eyes again, he spotted a familiar white truck and the cemetery behind it. Something felt off, he just didn't feel right visiting a place where at least a few of his previous victims were likely left. He decided not to enter, to stay away from those gravestones. It would only lead his weak sympathy to take over.

He had arrived just as the human called out, which only caused him to stand still. He didn't know who she was calling out for, but he didn't want to take a risk. He backed up one step then stayed as still as he could. Again he wished he could go invisible...

Cindy had learned to listen to everything around her so as she moved towards the sounds of sobbing it was to find the male from before. She blinks slightly then arches a brow. She didn't believe in coincidences. "Were you following me?"she questions.

Then looks up from him and to the other side of her truck she saw another figure. "Who is out there? Show yourself. I'm in no mood for games." She retorts sharply and she wasn't. How dare they be here as she mourned for her father.

He raised his head, but soon sighed out, standing and rolling his eyes. "Yeah okay, the acting idea was dumb." He held out the flowers. "Maybe I was or maybe I wasn't. . . . . . . . . .Either way, I didn't know what you were doing tonight." He looked past her, towards the stone. "These flowers are for your father. . .And consider them an apology. . .Him however. . ." He looked towards the other figure. "I don't know why he's here." He glared slightly, knowing he was whom he gave the warning.

As he saw the two looking towards him, he took another step back and tried to hide his eyes, not knowing whether or not they were starting to glow red. Maybe he should just leave.. clearly there was nothing for him here.

Despite wanting to leave, he couldn't get himself to move. He just stood there with his eyes on the ground, practically waiting for something to be done to him.

Cindy turned her attention back to the male before her. She blinks at his words about the flowers. It wasn't what she expected as an answer. She accepts the flowers and nods slightly. "Thank you....today is the annversary of his death..." She sighs and looks in the direction of the other one. "Just come out of hiding. Clearly you both followed me here. " She shakes her head.

She moves back to her father's grave and gently laid down the beautiful flowers. "Love you daddy..." She whispers.

Back