would it be ok if i develop a system for determining soul size and purity?
i just do not want to end up in a situation where people are asking me what constitutes what with no solid answer

would it be ok if i develop a system for determining soul size and purity?
i just do not want to end up in a situation where people are asking me what constitutes what with no solid answer
Well, sure, but I think I should take a look at it. Just to make sure that people don't encounter situations where they believe to be outrageous,

I think my narauders would have souls, unpure ones.
The Warriors would just have tainted souls.

How about for my demons? Would they have souls?

this is what i have for soul sizes at the moment
if we do go with this and you have some creatures you want to include in the examples, tell me what they are, what they do, how they work, and then what you suggest their soul size to be

Soul size is based mostly on intelligence and magical ability. Soul size does not have much to do
with the actual size of the beast. Most humans with exceptional intelligence will only have around
an 1/8th more of a soul than any other human. Especially incognitive human beings are similarly.
The size of a soul itself is not a birth right and can fluctuate as time passes.

Artificial creatures are often the result of necromancy or similar, and due to this have unusually small
soul sizes, despite sometimes being very intelligent. Mystical creatures can have very large soul sizes
while still being comparatively incognitive. Ectovoelen, despite having intense magical abilities, do not
count as magical due to how they are made.

Soul size examples: (Average)

Dragon - 3 (Mystical)
Most Angels - 2 7/8 (Mystical)
Most Demons - 2 (Mystical/Semi-Artificial)
Fairies - 1 4/6 (Mystical)
Vampires - 1 5/8 (Mystical/Artificial)
Magically Adept Human/oid - 1 1/2 (Mystical)
Magical Human/oid - 1 1/4 (Mystical)
Human/oid - 1
Human/oid Child - 2/3
Bear - 2/3
Imps - 6/10 (Mystical)
Dog - 10/18
Cat - 1/2
Most Ectovoelen - 1/3 (Artificial)
Rat - 1/6
Most Birds - 1/7
Zombies - 1/9 (Artificial)
Domestic Fish - 1/10
Most Insects - 1/20
Most Plants - 1/50

Cake Drones - 1/10 (Artificial)
Cake Minions - 2/5 (Mystical/Semi-Artificial)
Cake Crusaders - 3/5 (Mystical/Semi-Artificial)
Cake Vomiters - 4/5 (Mystical/Semi-Artificial)

Last edited:
P.S. interesting idea so far, but what about those very empowered and evolved humans? Like Deroc Chan Kok Yew...

Also, what about Laeden? An elf who got somewhat messed up by Khaos Korruption, then a third essence emerged within him and he became a giant vampire demon lord...
And what about Living Cakes?

Maybe...

Cake Drones -- 3/10 (Artificial)
Cake Minions -- 1/5 (Mystical / Semi-Artificial)
Cake Vomiters -- 3/5 (Mystical / Semi-Artificial)
Cake Crusader -- 2/5 (Mystical / Semi-Artifical)

Maybe this could work?

Can soul size affect the power of a character, or how easily would the soul be sucked?
what kind of power

and the answer to the latter is sort of
the runic suckers of an ectovoelen are designed to take in different sizes of soul, so the logical conclusion is that a soul of larger size would take longer, but would not be more difficult otherwise

P.S. interesting idea so far, but what about those very empowered and evolved humans? Like Deroc Chan Kok Yew...

Also, what about Laeden? An elf who got somewhat messed up by Khaos Korruption, then a third essence emerged within him and he became a giant vampire demon lord...

i would say laeden, judging from the description you just gave, would have just below or equal soul size to a dragon, simply because of magical implications
though most likely below because dragons are kind of intense

And what about Living Cakes?

Maybe...

Cake Drones -- 3/10 (Artificial)
Cake Minions -- 1/5 (Mystical / Semi-Artificial)
Cake Vomiters -- 3/5 (Mystical / Semi-Artificial)
Cake Crusader -- 2/5 (Mystical / Semi-Artifical)

so in order of largest size to smallest you are saying

cake minions
cake drones
cake crusaders
and cake vomiters

this seems potentially fair
though what does mystical mean? if you meant magical than they should probably have larger soul sizes

you should also keep in mind that having a larger soul size and a smaller soul size already has pros and cons. as an example, a smaller soul size is not a likely victim for an ectovoelen. though lady hesitance will have significantly more ease taking mental control of a smaller soul size than even a human soul size.

what kind of power

and the answer to the latter is sort of
the runic suckers of an ectovoelen are designed to take in different sizes of soul, so the logical conclusion is that a soul of larger size would take longer, but would not be more difficult otherwise
Power, as in magical abilities, mana capacity, spiritual powers, willpower, etc.

Hmm. I see.
Just as a note, some really powerful characters like Deroc and Laeden would take a really long time, say an hour, to have their souls sucked into the ectovoelen.

i would say laeden, judging from the description you just gave, would have just below or equal soul size to a dragon, simply because of magical implications
though most likely below because dragons are kind of intense

Hmm, fair enough. And the fact that his new features and powers were gained fairly recently.

Oh, wait, I messed up with the fractions...

Correction :
Cake Drones -- 1/10 (Artifical)
Cake Minions -- 2/5 (Mystical), 2/10 (Semi-Artificial)
Cake Crusaders -- 3/5 (Mystical), 3/10 (Semi-Artificial)
Cake Vomiters -- 4/5 (Mystical), 4/10 (Semi-Artificial)

Mystical means like stranger mythological creatures such as treants, centaurs, etc.

Power, as in magical abilities, mana capacity, spiritual powers, willpower, etc.

Hmm. I see.
Just as a note, some really powerful characters like Deroc and Laeden would take a really long time, say an hour, to have their souls sucked into the ectovoelen.

they are connected, but each is not directly influenced by soul size
what i mean is
soul size does not influence all those things
all those things influence soul size
you could not for example, increase your soul size to learn to use magic and gain willpower
you could however, gain willpower and learn magic to increase your soul size

this said increasing your soul size and nothing else like that might have some effect
perhaps it would dilute your soul are decrease purity or something
speaking of i will do purity sometime but lord knows when

Cake Drones -- 1/10 (Artifical)
Cake Minions -- 2/5 (Mystical), 2/10 (Semi-Artificial)
Cake Crusaders -- 3/5 (Mystical), 3/10 (Semi-Artificial)
Cake Vomiters -- 4/5 (Mystical), 4/10 (Semi-Artificial)

Mystical means like stranger mythological creatures such as treants, centaurs, etc.

those are magical
though i do like mystical better as a name
and another correction on fractions

Cake Drones 1/10
Cake Minions 2/5 (4/10)
Cake Crusaders 3/5 (6/10)
Cake Vomiters 4/5 (8/10)

do you want me to add them like that?

they are connected, but each is not directly influenced by soul size
what i mean is
soul size does not influence all those things
all those things influence soul size
you could not for example, increase your soul size to learn to use magic and gain willpower
you could however, gain willpower and learn magic to increase your soul size

Sounds fair.

What do you mean by purity?

and another correction on fractions

Cake Drones 1/10
Cake Minions 2/5 (4/10)
Cake Crusaders 3/5 (6/10)
Cake Vomiters 4/5 (8/10)

do you want me to add them like that?

Uhm, well, "natural mystical" cakes are quite different than "artificial" ones. Living Cakes naturally born count as "natural mystical", while those mass produced in special bakeries are artificial. Hence why the different fraction values, it's intentional

sorry for not making it clear

How about Khaos Warriors? They aren't humans nor demon.. They are in between.....
Also how about Khaos Afflicted souls? They would have less purity i guess..

Back