New User Well met!

Aevar

Dark Wanderer
Hello, heard is was mandatory to actually introduce yourself to everyone around here. Well it's nice meeting you all, I usually go by the name Aevar online amongst others, I'm in my twenties and have been roleplaying for a grand ol'time. On forums, games, or in person (tabletop/larp).

I'm also a big fan of D&D and all tabletop games alike, I was actually wondering if some around here were organising groups for that kind of games, guess I'll find out. I'm open to most, just hit me up with an interesting plot and I'll likely accept if I do have the free time. I have to say that I extremely rarely play canon characters. I'd rather come up with my own stuff, not that big into any fandom. Same goes for the universe, I'd rather it be original, but I'm more flexible on that side.

I guess I'll finish this with a precision that's good to keep in mind. I've started roleplaying in english only recently. Most of my experience was in french and as a result I feel like I sometime do lack a bit of vocabulary, problem which I'm working pretty hard to fix.

Looking forward to meet you all!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! Hope to chat and roleplay with you in the future.

Hey, Aevar!

Welcome! I'm sure you will fit in well here. And I commend you for being able to roleplay in another language. Having been brought up in foreign countries, I've never managed to get a grasp, even no, when my family live in France and have so for over 10 years. Just wasn't for me I guess lol.

I had a French friend at university who joined a roleplay site to help improve her English though and she loved it and it had her come leaps and bounds, she told me, which was amazing. So have fun here!

If you need any help with anything, let us know! :)

Cream

Hi Aevar currently I am the only one running a PbP that is mechanics oriented (what is being referred here as Table Top even through there is no Table let alone a top of table to play the game on ;) I currently have room for 3 more players if you are interested you will find it under the Tabletop listing

Thanks for the welcomes, much appreciated!

It's true that roleplay does wonders on the vocabulary side of things Cream, since I've started my english word repertoire's at least doubled haha. To be honest writing french is a nightmare if you actually want to do it properly, so it's understandable. Lots of elitists on out forums also.

I'll be sure to look at it DeJoker! I love the universe H.P. Lovecraft's made and I can only imagine how fun it would be to play a "PbP" as you call it that takes place in the universe. (What does it stand for by the way?) See you in there!

Welcome to STC Aevar, I do hope you enjoy your time here. Don't worry too much of having a slight vocabulary issue with the English language. You're better than many others I can name on other sites and honestly I'm certain no one would've noticed otherwise. So you're good. I find it pretty cool how you know French and only recently learned English. I'm currently learning how to speak German as well so I understand how you feel to some degree with some issues you might have with learning vocabulary.

I'm sadly not sure about any tabletop RPs like D&D though I do know that there is quite a lot of Forum RPs around on Storyteller'sCircle. They're pretty easy to do and fun all in all. If you need any help at all, please don't hesitate to privately message me. Though for now here are a few links that might help you greatly.

For starters, you can find the site rules here, just so you know the general rules of the site. Please be sure to read them if you haven’t already. Another important thing would most likely be both the ”Welcome Please Read Before Posting” and ”Account Approval Information” threads and “Our Comprehensive Website Guide” since they both are quite helpful in answering some questions you might have or questions that you might have in the near future as they both help you in getting to know the site’s functions, features and what we expect from our members. Another cool thing is that Story Tellers Circle is ALWAYS updating, so be sure to check out our Site Announcements Forums to know what new features and updates are happening directly after they happened. If you have any questions on anything or have great ideas for STC please check out our Help Desk Forum Section and, should there be no threads of your idea already posted, share us your ideas for the site or ask us about whatever issues you might have. For Rules or Help you can also click on the tabs at the top of the page should you ever need it. Otherwise, check out the ”Meet The Staff” thread, which lists all staff members that posted in the thread or check the Staff list within the ‘Members’ tab in order to know ALL the staff members. Each and every one of us are free whenever we’re online and we’ll always be glad to take a PM whenever asked for help.

Hello and welcome to Storytellers! Drakel pretty much said everything that you would ever need to know xD! But if you have any questions or need any help with anything please feel free to pm me! I hope you will come to enjoy the site!

Back