A Feline's Quest

NujabesLives!

Music for the soul

~~Summary~~

The year is 200x and the world as you and I know it is gone. Earth's governments have been disbanded, their leaders thrown in maximum security prisons to rot. The same prisons who's previous inhabitants were let free to wreak havoc and chaos as they pleased. Armored soldiers wielding powerful weapons march down the streets in columns, as if to dare anyone stupid enough or daring enough to attack them and give the troops the excuse to test their 'toys' These men enforce the law and if anyone were to step out of line? They'll be court martialed, they'll be executed.

Such is life under the rule of none other than...

4448001-bravest-warriors-25.jpg

Bugcat!!!

Now, you may be asking yourself. How could such a diminutive creature, no matter how resourceful or intelligent they may have been go and conquer an entire planet? It does sound rather ridiculous but Bugcat's power is not to be underestimated. Hailing from an alternate dimension with technology far superior to anything Earth made, Catbug would bide his time as the years clicked on by, watching, waiting for an opportunity to strike until finally, he could wait no longer and made his move.

Opening a portal from his dimension into ours, Earth's forces couldn't hope to compete with the dimensional invaders. Tanks were blasted apart, planes were shot out of the sky, even humanity's greatest weapon: nuclear missiles were turned away by Bugcat's forces. As Bugcat's army continued to spread across the world, there was only one avenue left for the free governments of the planet to look to.

..A bunch of teenagers and their pet cat/bug. Otherwise known as the Bravest Warriors!

Among these heroes as mentioned was a feline like creature possessing insect like qualities and traits.

catbug__by_patrishaborn-d61mmkg.png

"I'M CATBUG!"

"Yes you are-Wait, I'm supposed to be the one introducing the potential players to the backstory of the RP. What are you doing here, Catbug??"

"I dunno, disembodied voice! I found a door and walked on in! Are we having a surprise party?"

"N-No, I'm trying to-"

*thwack*

*thud*

"Mister Voice? OH NO! HE FELL DOWN! I think! I read the sound effect for falling down! Ooh, an ARRRRRRRR Peeeeeee-Pfft" Catbug's excitement could barely be contained. Nor could his laughter for that matter. "Hehehehe! I said peeeeeee! But I wonder what this is about..." As Catbug leaned in to read the script that'd been left behind by the previous narrator, he continued where he had left off.

"Ooh, ooh! My friends and I tried fighting my evil brother Bugcat's forces! But they were too strong and we got beaten up and thrown in prison! Awww...." Seeming dejected by that outcome, Catbug flipped the page hoping there would be a better outcome on the other side. "OH MAN! I escaped! I even managed to rescue Sir Jeffers! Wow! I'm liking this arrrrrrgh peee-hehe-more and more!"

As he flipped the page, Catbug would have been confused at the logo staring him right in the face.

"It kinda reminds me of a clock. But where are the numbers and why's it got three hands? Silly wrong clock!" Catbug playfully chided before reading further and dropping the script in a horrific realization. That wasn't a clock at all. His brother had managed to create a device letting him travel from universe to universe in order to try and obtain forces that would be willing to work with him.

It took a lot of failures and a lot of near death run-ins but eventually Bugcat found his 'people' in the form of the Helghan Empire. They had no lost love for humanity, believing themselves to be the master race and far superior to humanity in every way. Bugcat not being human himself didn't exactly have much of a stake in that kind of philosophy but he did admire the military power of the Helghast army and decided to make a deal.

They could have an Earth which would be far easier to conquer than their own and in return all Bugcat desired was a spot at the top and his personal bodyguard squad. The leader of the Helghan empire, Scolar Visari was disgusted at the idea of such a lowly creature attempting to bargain with them! But the idea of an Earth that wasn't yet infested by those rats of the United Colonial Nations was quite tempting. Plus if Bugcat ever grew too tiresome, he could always have him killed.

So the deal was made and thus Bugcat had a force with which to subjugate Earth and it's portal. "Aww...That's a sad ending..." Catbug whimpered before Sir Jeffers 'chimed in'

"Good heavens! What a despicable mess your brother has started! We managed to escape! We should do something about this Catbug! If only we had one of those dimensional teleporting thingies.."

"Oh! I got one of those!" Catbug exclaimed, slamming a strange looking contraption on the ground.

parallel_old01.jpg

On the underside was a sticky note that read: 'I'm giving you this extra interdimensional transporter, not because I think you'll be able to use it to save your friends and defeat me and MY new friends. But I thought it'd be funny to see you try-Love Bugcat'

"Aww, that's my brother.~" Catbug murmured with a warm smile before grabbing the transporter and running of with it. "Wee! Let's go hopping!"

Well, there you have it folks. Bugcat and the Helghan Empire along with whoever else Bugcat may have roped into his devious plan have taken over Earth and Catbug's the only thing that stands in their way. Which...Isn't saying much to be brutally honest. But due to being loaned a copy of the same technology his brother used to get in touch with the Helghast, Catbug has decided to go and recruit some friends of his own-

You!

~~Sheets~~

I'm gonna try not to be too limiting so far as PCs go. Just use common sense really. If you have someone like Goku or Superman who can take on entire armies of guys with guns by themselves (the Helghast in a nutshell technology wise) or destroy planets/cities without breaking a sweat as a consideration then it'd probably be for the best of everybody if you picked someone a bit less powerful/capable of wiping out such a large crowd of enemies by themselves.

Nobody likes a victory hog after all/others wanna get in their own blows too.

That said the sheet would be as follows

Name:

Canon:

Bio: You can just wiki this

Abilities: Again, you can just wiki this or summarize it. Your choice.

Picture:

Once I feel I have enough people, I'll close signups and then PM each of you individually to play out Catbug 'recruiting' your character.

Thanks for reading and I hope y'all have a good day!

Back