A Few Questions and Suggestions

Deroc

Muggeseggele!
1. What is a "Multi-Thread Roleplay" exactly? I know it involves more than one thread, but is it more of a series or what? Does it have a subforum of its own? Are they similar to the Epic Roleplays? What are the requirements to have one Multi-Thread Roleplay?

2. Can we add in Social Groups for Roleplaying and other purposes? (You can try this Addon for Social Group)

3. Can we add in BB Codes for some stuffs?

Such as tables?

Oh, and also this too,
[hidden=Insert Title here]Content[/hidden]

that's basically a more stylish Spoiler, but is more tidy, stretch to whole page and can be colored

Last edited:
Hey there. To answer your first question, a Multi-Thread roleplay is just that. A large roleplay that spans more than one thread. There's no set guideline beyond that. It CAN be episodic or series like, or it can just be large enough that they want to be able to divide players/characters across multiple threads/locations in their world rather than having 20 people in one thread, even if their characters are nowhere near each other.

An Epic Roleplay is essentially a multi-thread roleplay with more specific criteria. These are open-ended worlds with no real beginning/end. They tend to be sandbox style worlds with large numbers of players that come and go. These large multiple-forum personalized spaces take more work to setup (from a technical standpoint) so we only offer them to roleplays of this nature that really call for this much space, and are likely to endure for months (if not years).

Multi-thread roleplays on the other hand can be setup in about 2 minutes, so any roleplay that is large enough to need multiple threads qualifies for multi-thread forum space. The nature and makeup of the roleplay doesn't matter. To get one, just PM me and Dash asking for one.

Your second question I'll have to answer later. Heading out for work in a minute here but I'll look over the recommended addon tonight after work.

As for BBCode, we already have a tables bbcode option. It's the very last one in the list of bbcode icons.We're always open to adding more though if you have specific requests.

Hey there. To answer your first question, a Multi-Thread roleplay is just that. A large roleplay that spans more than one thread. There's no set guideline beyond that. It CAN be episodic or series like, or it can just be large enough that they want to be able to divide players/characters across multiple threads/locations in their world rather than having 20 people in one thread, even if their characters are nowhere near each other.

An Epic Roleplay is essentially a multi-thread roleplay with more specific criteria. These are open-ended worlds with no real beginning/end. They tend to be sandbox style worlds with large numbers of players that come and go. These large multiple-forum personalized spaces take more work to setup (from a technical standpoint) so we only offer them to roleplays of this nature that really call for this much space, and are likely to endure for months (if not years).

Multi-thread roleplays on the other hand can be setup in about 2 minutes, so any roleplay that is large enough to need multiple threads qualifies for multi-thread forum space. The nature and makeup of the roleplay doesn't matter. To get one, just PM me and Dash asking for one.

Thanks for clarification. I think I'll go for Multi-Thread. But my roleplay will lean a bit on the side of Epic Roleplay, but probably won't be enough to be an Epic Roleplay. It has a main storyline and maybe several other spinoffs going, but it's also somewhat open-ended. Think of it as between Multi-Thread and Epic. (will be PM'ing you later)

But what if the Multi-Thread Roleplay gradually expands, will it be given subforums of its own as well?
I think a Social Group would fit better for that,

As for BBCode, we already have a tables bbcode option. It's the very last one in the list of bbcode icons.We're always open to adding more though if you have specific requests.
Really? I can't find them in the list. But when I use them, it didn't work. What I got was just an empty paragraph break.

May I suggest some more features?

• Boxes (with and without tabs) can be a great addition too.
  • Noparse tags to put BB codes in raw form
  • [NOTE][/NOTE] tags to write notes and secrets which aren't supposed to show up for public reading,

Example in a Picture

Also, one more thing is, whenever I directly left-click on "Edit" on my posts, it took forever to load. But I could still right click and go advanced editing instead. Though it's not much of an issue.

Last edited:
We'll discuss Social Groups and hold it under consideration for now. We'll let you (and everyone else) know if we decide to make that addition.

I'll give the text editor settings a check to make sure things didn't break recently (regarding the lag on quick edit and the tables).

The other BBcode suggestions are good, will see about implementing them throughout the week. Could have sworn noparse was already active, but I could simply left that on the to do list and checked it off by accident.

In the meantime you can use the bbcode editor option to switch from the rich text offering to a plain text box that will not parse bbcode until post.

We'll discuss Social Groups and hold it under consideration for now. We'll let you (and everyone else) know if we decide to make that addition.

I'll give the text editor settings a check to make sure things didn't break recently (regarding the lag on quick edit and the tables).

The other BBcode suggestions are good, will see about implementing them throughout the week. Could have sworn noparse was already active, but I could simply left that on the to do list and checked it off by accident.

In the meantime you can use the bbcode editor option to switch from the rich text offering to a plain text box that will not parse bbcode until post.

Very well. I hope you can consider Social Groups and the BBcode suggestions, as my upcoming roleplays are better suited for a Social Group and needs additional BBcode as suggested.

And yes, I've always used bbcode editor option. Thank you for your response.

Back