Anime talk

@Neko Trust me Death Note is excellent. If it clicks with you it's going to click HARD!

As for my favorite anime, that's always going to be Trigun. I can't say it's the best anime I've ever seen but it is the one that struck a chord with me the most.

I'll check out Death Note if you say it's that good, Rose. XD

Never heard of Trigun though. What's that?

Trigun is probably best described as a slightly cartoony sci-fi western story that follows the story of Vash the Stampede, a legendary outlaw who people call the 'Humanoid Typhoon' because of the destruction and havoc he leaves in his wake.

Thing is though, appearances and stories can be deceiving.

If you watch episode 1 you'll learn all you need to know ;P

I'll check out Death Note if you say it's that good, Rose. XD

Never heard of Trigun though. What's that?
Trigun is probably best described as a slightly cartoony sci-fi western story that follows the story of Vash the Stampede, a legendary outlaw who people call the 'Humanoid Typhoon' because of the destruction and havoc he leaves in his wake.

Thing is though, appearances and stories can be deceiving.

If you watch episode 1 you'll learn all you need to know ;P
Yes! Trigun is probably among my favorite animes. Love Vash, obviously, but my favorite character is Wolfwood.

He's a textbook antihero type and a product of his circumstances. Plus, gunslinging priest motif is pretty awesome.

Fairly certain I used to have a signature/avatar set centered around Wolfwood...

EDIT: Found it. Not my best work, but still proud of it. Particularly, in this case, the typography.
WolfwoodAva.png
WolfwoodSig.png

Last edited:
Yet another person that seems to know Trigun. XD Another reason to check it out.

Yeah, it's a bit older. I'm 36, and it was from my childhood. It's a cornerstone of my animeducation, but I can see how the younger crowd may have never experienced it. (I just assume you're younger, or you got into anime more recently. This may not be the case.)

I recorded it off the TV onto VHS tapes to re-watch it. That might date it a bit for you. XP

I'm about ten years younger than you. I'm 25, but I'm turning 26 in a couple of months. Depending on if you'd just turned 36 or are going to be 37, then welp, 11 years. XD

I've been into anime for a good decent chunk of my childhood, but I mainly grew up with the big ones. Naruto, Dragon Ball, One Piece, Bleach, stuff like that.

Dragonball was another cornerstone for me. I never could get into Naruto or One Piece. I did actually quite like Bleach (perhaps because it felt like a reskinned DB/DBZ?).

Instead, I grew up on Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho, DragonBall(Z). Even a bit of Mobile Suit Gundam and Outlaw Star. Rurouni Kenshin.

Different strokes for different folks. Also, just turned 36 last week, so it's only ~10 years.

For the record, I also enjoyed Death Note, but there seems to be a schism in the popularity of that show. Those who love it REALLY love it. Those who hate it REALLY hate it. Not a lot of inbetweeners.

Did anyone else count Hamtaro as an anime? 'Cause I grew up on that as well.

Ooh! Happy late birthday then!

Hahaha Hamtaro! God damn that's a blast from the past. I think that's western animation though and not an anime (a technicality, I know).

I watched DBZ as a kid, Trigun didn't come until I was a teen. Naruto was the first anime I really chose to watch, followed by Bleach, One Piece, Death Note and a bunch of others.

These days I'm following My Hero Academia but that's it, I should probably pick something up again ;o

It is, isn't it? Hamtaro was such a huge part of my childhood, I honestly miss it. I always grouped it up with other anime because I remember it ran on the same hourly block that others did at the time.

DBZ was my first anime. My cousin got me into it when I was only five. Naruto came next as one I really remember watching, then One Piece, Bleach, and others.

Pretty much the same deal here but I mainly watched other Cartoon Network stuff like Courage the Cowardly Dog and Totally Spies.

Yooo, Courage the Cowardly Dog was so big for me as a child. And Totally Spies!

Did anyone else count Hamtaro as an anime? 'Cause I grew up on that as well.

Ooh! Happy late birthday then!
Thanks!
Hahaha Hamtaro! God damn that's a blast from the past. I think that's western animation though and not an anime (a technicality, I know).
Hamtaro was a Japanese manga and later anime. It wasn't a western production.

I was not fond of it, but it was an anime.
I watched DBZ as a kid, Trigun didn't come until I was a teen. Naruto was the first anime I really chose to watch, followed by Bleach, One Piece, Death Note and a bunch of others.

These days I'm following My Hero Academia but that's it, I should probably pick something up again ;o
Trigun ran (in the US) in 2003. You would have been 10 or 11, if your age on here is to be believed. But it is possible that you watched it later on.

But yeah, DBZ was also my first anime, I believe, along with Sailor Moon on Toonami.

I actually haven't watched MHA but I have heard good things. I'll have to give it a go.

Last edited:
@Neko

What about Dexter's Labratory?

@Jas

I did watch it later on, it was recommended to me by someone older. MHA is actually really good! It's a shounen series but one that doesn't follow the usual pattern of an idiot hero protagonist.

I know you didn't ask me, but I used to love Dexter's Lab. About halfway through they changed the art style though and it wasn't as good anymore.

Back