Akashic Arcana Arcadia Halls - The Day After the Entrance Exams

Aer Shiana

Despite her back mostly being healed up the first day, Artoria was held in the Medical Ward overnight to ensure that she was in top condition before she left; likely on orders from the Student Council President. The Princess was ecstatic for multiple reasons. Not only had she scored well on the Combat Exam, but she had received the highest marks of any individual student out of the entire group of this year's newcomers.

Practically skipping through the halls, Artoria made her way to the dormitories after getting some directions. Supposedly, her luggage would have been delivered there ahead of time. She hoped her bags weren't too heavy for whomever had brought them up, then returned to being happy for being placed in Class A. But there was a catch that made her nervous. She would have to work extremely hard to stay there, or get sent down to Class C, where the average students were put.

Passing by a few students that practically towered over her, she couldn't help but feel some of their gazes upon her. What exactly this meant, she wasn't sure. While lost in her thoughts, she just about ran headlong into someone. Artoria quickly lept back, quickly apologizing "Oh, excuse me. Sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going.."

The woman Artoria bumped into was no-one by Azucena Escarra, a 2nd-year student in Class-C. The woman was... practically half-naked and was probably breaking the dress-code of this school. She wore jean shorts, that revealed all of her inner-thighs to her ankle-high black boots. She had a leather jacket on and wore only a t-shirt that covered her chest area, leaving her abdominal section completely naked. Cena looked at the Princess with a curious expression, she had a lollipop in her mouth, in which she started to flick with her tongue.

"Oh my! Aren't you little Artoria? Congratulations on your scores~" She looked behind her at Mira who was also loitering by the halls. "Miri-chaaaaaan! Look! It's Artoria Pendragon!" She practically yelled across the halls to catch her friend's attention, to make it worse, the other kids were looking towards them, but more in a cruel glare towards Artoria.

Cena, however, smiled so happily, as if she had been dying to meet Artoria. As she was waiting for Mira to join them, she couldn't help but notice Artoria's height. "Huh... I swore you looked taller on the screen... Wow, I can't believe little one like you fought against that monster of a Pres'~"

Mira was just on her way to try and talk to the Student President. Some interesting things have happened that she wanted to ask about, mainly, how and why and when did she get put from Class C into Class B. Oh, and of course about the party, she had to ask ab-! "Miri-chaaaaaan!" she heard her name and jumped a little bit.

"Whaaat?" Mira shouted back as she looked at Cena and the other, smaller woman. "Aah, Artoria! Heeey!" she squealed as she ran over to the two. "Nice to meet you" Mira smiled and waved at the girl. "You did awesome at the exam, a lot better than the both of us when we originally applied."

She looked up at Cena, blushing almost immediately. Those... shoulders, yes, those wonderful shoulders, and definitely nothing else always made Mira lose some of her sanity. It was luck that day that she had a hoodie with a zipper on that she could drape over Cena's shoulders. "Sorry Arty about her, please don't think that she is a good role model" Mira looked back at the young girl and snickered, hoping that with the humour the redness would go away as well. "Were you lost, or where were you headed?"

Artoria couldn't help but be shocked at the woman's scant clothes. She stared for a moment before stuttering out "Ye-Yes, I am.. And.. thanks." When her name was shouted out... rather loudly.. the Princess shrunk down slightly from even more of the glares she got. She wanted to get to her dorm. Now. "Please excuse m-"

She would be cut off by yet another student coming up to her. Artoria's stomach knotted up in anxiety, hoping that this exchange would be quick. She didn't like the attention she was getting, especially from the other students that were just.. staring at her. She extended her hand out in greeting "N-Nice to meet you, too, miss..?" Her tone was uncertain, as though asking for Mira's name.

Once the pleasantries were exchanged, she couldn't help but blush from the praise she got. "Thanks. My teammates were very impressive, as well." She glanced back at Cena when Mira mentioned the half-naked woman, giggling slightly at the comment before answering "I was just heading to my assigned dorm room."

"Well then! That's settled, we'll show you around missy! Just tell the President that it was Azucena Escarra and Amira Hirano who is taking care of ya!" She let out a boastful laugh, but she wasn't oblivious to the other students looking at her. A group of first-year girls looked towards Artoria with disdain, Cena grinned before she blew a kiss towards them, causing them to scruff and walk away.

"I must say Artoria, you are going to have one hell of an interesting time here. But don't worry! We'll look out for ya', at least until you join a good strong club anyways." She didn't really explain to Artoria why she should join a club, but instead, she just decided to grab Artoria and Mira's hands and push them along the halls!

"Oh right, did they give you an ORB yet?" Azucena looked into the skinny pocket at her jeans' rear, and she fished up a slim phone looking device. She flipped it open and revealed a highly advanced personal communication's device. "Totally add my contact number, and your class information and other school-related crap will be mentioned here." She grinned before holding out her ORB for Artoria to inspect as they made their way towards her dorm.

Azucena, however, was still happy about the hoodie of Mira and she gave the girl an inquisitive grin as she just took it off before tying the hoodie's arms around her waist. "Much better!"

Amira was smiling gently towards the younger girl, she didn't even think about the attention they were getting until she saw a couple of girls walking by, looking like they were ready to jump on them. She forgot just how awful some people's jealousy could be. "Clubs are basically like mini-families. Besides the fact that they are fun and help you improve where you are lacking, you can form many friends that will help you through anything... Or protect you" she smiled, bringing her voice down to a normal conversational manner.

She nodded as Cena pulled out her phone, and Mira did the same. "Oh, add me too! There'll be a party soon too, so I can just write to you when things are more concrete!" She tried to find her ORB in her back pocket, but it seemed like she forgot. She sighed loudly, dramatically, looking up towards the ceiling. "Damnit! I left my ORB back in my room. Oh..." she looked around where they were. "Is this where your room is? Mine too! Awesome, I can grab it then. Wanna come inside my place? I have Japanese tea, and some chocolate" she giggled and looked at Artoria. "By the way, sorry, my name is Amira Hirano, but just call me Mira. I'm in the second year, C... Uhm, no, I was assigned to B class this year, so I guess B? I'm not sure, didn't know I was climbing up" she shrugged.

"This is my room!" she stopped, putting her hand on the doorknob. "Wanna come inside? It's cool if not, I'll just run in and grab my phone then."

"Show me around?" Artoria was put off-guard slightly by Cena's overbearing yet seemingly kind personality. "Thank you, but that won't be nec-waaah!" She got interrupted by Cena grabbing her hand and starting to pull her along, as upbeat as ever. The little Princess couldn't help but giggle at her, thinking She's too much... The mention of clubs did catch her interest, though. "Clubs, huh? I think I get the idea, but how would you join one?"

Glancing between the two women, Artoria would look confused as they talked about ORBs. "No, I haven't received anything like that yet." When Cena showed her contact information, Artoria would make a note of it for later.

Once they got to their destination, she'd inspect the dorm number, and confirm that is where she was assigned. What are the odds that she would randomly run into her roommate? And sure enough, all of her luggage had been brought up and stacked neatly in the corner of the first room, next to the sofa. "This looks.. I can't think of a better word than 'comfy'. It's not too opulent, makes me feel right at home." Artoria smiled and entered the dorm, looking around while Mira spoke. "Both of those sound lovely." When Mira finally introduced herself, the Princess responded "It's nice to meet you, Mira." She'd shrug and accept Amira's offer. "Sure, if you're okay with that."

"Gahahahaha! What are the goddamned odds!-... But DAW! Miriiiii! I had hoped I could move in with you. And with Artoria it would be totally fun!" She was being rather louder than ever, kind of overbearing. In any case, she looked around the room before grinning as she looked at all of Artoria's luggage. "That's some fancy bags you got their, your highness~ And looksie daisy!" Azucena found Artoria's ORB, in its casing. She tilted her head as someone had already typed in their contact number, as Cena was about to type in her contact information.

"Who is Vikki?... I don't recall anyone from the board with that name. Huh." She shrugged before passing on the ORB back to Artoria.

"And thanks for the hospitality guys! I'll make myself feel just at home!" She suddenly jumped with her back first into Mira's bed, right on top of a pile of plushies. Best bed ever.

Mira was confused as Artoria said this was her room. "Are you s-?" She couldn't even finish before walking into their dorm and tripping over on one of the bags. "Agh, what the..." she sat up on the floor, looking at the luggage. "Well, huh... I'm not sure if we have enough place for all of your stuff..." Mira mumbled, then stood up with the speed of light and jumped in front of Artoria. "But if you want, I can make some stuff easier for you to pack away! Like this!" she squealed as she pulled up one of her bracelets in front of them, then looked into Artoria's eyes and flipped it over her wrist. Before it finished, it already turned into Mira's keys for her motorcycle. "This is my magic, it helps a lot with seasonal stuff that I don't use, I can just put things together and they don't occupy space! So, you know- Cena!" she looked towards as she heard Cena walk into her room and lay on her bed. "I'm going to kill you if you break my bed again! I told you to stop jumping" she whined as she walked after the basically-half-naked woman, burying her face into her hands.

Mira had been living alone since she moved into the dorms, and forgot that having around a hundred plushies from the same plush-series with big eyes and fluffy heads was not, in fact, something that she should have left outside. She quickly ran to the side of her bed, grabbed the huge blanket from the floor and draped it over both all of her teddies and Cena in one swift motion. "Please don't judge me" she begged as she looked back at Artoria.

She sighed, straightening up again. "Ah well, I guess we'll have a lot of time getting to know each other. By the way, if you need anything, just ask. So, about that tea... Let me get started on it" she smiled as she walked past Artoria and moved into the kitchen that seemed like it hasn't been used for well over a few years. But the pile of take-out trash right next to the kitchen island and on the island as well was showing the main reason why.

Artoria quickly snapped her attention back to Azucena when the name "Vikki" was mentioned. She quickly went over and grabbed her ORB, opening up the casing. "Big sis," was uttered barely audibly. Now with two contacts in her device, the Princess was already feeling more sociable. She walked over to hand it to Mira to put her information in. When she demonstrated her compacting magic, Artoria looked rather impressed. "That's really cool, and looks really useful." She glances back at her bags, realizing just how much she had packed, looking sheepish. "Yeah.. I might need that."

By the time Mira had covered up the rest of them, Artoria had squealed and ran up to grab one of the plush teddies "It's so cute!" She looked confusedly at her roommate "Why would you try to hide them? I think they're adorable." She handed the teddy to Mira and went over to open one of her bags, pulling out something small and plush of her own. She held it out for Mira to see; a plush doll that looked like a knight with a shield with the Pendragon crest emblazoned on it. "I love these types of things." As Mira headed into the kitchen, she'd quip "Tea sounds lovely right now." Though her excitement would die down when she noticed all the trash piled up. This would definitely need to be addressed...

In the background, Azucena was just playing with one of Mira's teddies, Wicked was her name, a little green fox with a witch's hat. She grinned at it and made silly faces before eventually yawning and pushing herself up. Her expression became a little more serious again as she looked towards Artoria. "Look kiddo, I honestly feel sorry for you to enter Class A this way. There is a fierce competition here, and everyone wants a place under the sun. All Class B students are allowed to challenge you any time for a duel hun, and if you lose. You lose your Class Rank as well. They all want your position, Artoria. "

Azucena slowly pushed herself up from the bed before moving up towards Mira, the woman gently wrapped her arms around the girl's neck as she leaned up against her back with her full body weight. "Miriiiii, why did you have to go join Class B? Just be average like me~ Class C for life! I don't even show up for my lectures and I still pass by the minimum!"

She smirked lightly again before gazing at Artoria from Mira's shoulder. "So yeah, joining a club would help you out a ton with all these challenges, and they are fun too!"

Mira was just waiting for the water to boil while she prepared three cups. They were all different colours, blue for Artoria, green for Cena, and there was a yellow one for herself. She put in the filters and tea while listening to the conversation between the two girls, thinking. "You know, Cena is right. Being in Class A is already hard enough on its own, but you're also rather young. I don't know of anyone else from the top of my head who could do that." She pulled out a tray and put sugar, milk and lemon on it alongside with a little plate and three little spoons. "Although I wouldn't be worried about anyone calling you out" she snickered. "After what you did to the President, people need time to get ready to fight you. And by that time" she turned to look into Artoria's eyes. "By that time, you will be stronger and better as well. If you need help, Cena is a great teacher!"

She heard the water being done, so she quickly finished the teas, putting the ready cups on the tray, then walking over to the small table, just enough for three people, right next to the huge window. She sat down in one of the chairs and motioned for the other two to follow as well. "Besides, Christian and especially Viktoriya wouldn't let anything bad happen to you. Plus now you've got us too!" She took a sip, then turned to Cena. "I honestly don't get it. Let me find my ORB." She ran inside her room and came back a few seconds later with her phone in her hands. She pulled up the email that she got from Viktoriya. "It says she needs to talk to me, but that I'm in B class. I was close to failing just about three classes with magic, so..." She looked back at Artoria. "May I ask more about your magic?" she asked, leaning forward towards the younger girl, her voice jumping a few notes higher. "It looked really awesome!"

Artoria's heart dropped when Cena broke the news to her. "Wait, are you serious? Not only do I have to keep up my grades, or Vikki is going to drop me down to Class C right off, but I also have to worry about random people trying to kick me down, too?" She dropped down onto the sofa, feeling overwhelmed by everything. The Princess had fought as hard as she did to get here, with the help of her big sis' influence, but would she be able to keep fighting like this for the entire time she's at the Academy? "Aaaargh!" She let out a cry of frustration, kicking her legs in the process. She might be royalty, but was still an emotionally vulnerable child. "Join a club, huh? How do I go about that?" She seemed rather calm, for now.

Mira's words did help Artoria's confidence, even if only by a little. "I'll admit, I pulled my strikes at first because I was afraid of hurting her. But even after I was going at her with my best, she was still so strong." She stared up at the ceiling, dreading the instance of someone challenging her. What if it was someone that directly countered her fighting style? An artillery mage that could keep her at range? Or someone even worse? "I suppose you're right,but I can't just rely on people to protect me. I'm not just a princess, I'm a knight. I should be able to fight for myself."

When asked about her magic, Artoria sat back up on the sofa and shrugged. "I don't see why not. Do you have any specific questions, or would you prefer a little demonstration?"

"Welcome to Arcadia sunshine~ And ignore what Miri said, I am terrible at teaching people! Even though, your sword... Did it look like this?" She grinned as she had been re-watching the clips of the battle over and over. Despite her goofy looks, Azucena possessed the Arcane Eye, as well as photographic memories so she could think to every detail of Caliburn. The girl closed her eyes before re-opening, revealing bright blue eyes with arcane patterns. "Regal... Beautiful."

She pressed her palms together before focusing her magic sequences and shaped something within her hand. A chrome-like substance was created from thin air as it began to shape and merge to Cena's thought. It began to shape into the length and size of a sword, and soon, colors started to follow as the blade looked like an exact replica of Caliburn. Azucena held the weapon in her hand, but she wasn't pleased with how it appeared at all.

"What you think?" Cena held the sword's blade in-between her fingers before offering it to Artoria by the hilt. Once the girl took it, there was something off about this copy sword. The weight was all off, it felt lighter than usual, but the amount of detail was just like Caliburn. However, it is clear that this sword was no better than a butter knife. The edges were dull as well but could be a great use of a play or drama.

"I was thinking of using this design for my Drama Club! We are making a play of King Arthur and the Knights of Round!" She smirked towards Artoria, obviously, it was a bait.

Amira shook her head, as she laid back in her chair and lifted her arms up, her hands forming fists. "Don't care, just tell me everything, if you can show me, that would be even more awesome!" She squirmed in her chair, barely containing her excitement.

She soon got quiet though as she stared at Cena in disbelief. "Oh, sure, show off, cause that's totally fair and nice..." she muttered into her mug before taking a sip. It was still hot enough to burn her tongue, but she just pierced her mouth together, turning redder and redder.
'Daaaaaaaaamnit!' She thought, but luckily, she could hear her ORB going off, which gave her the right excuse to leave into her room quickly. "Excuse me" she said, strained before dashing off.

It was someone from the student council, saying Amira was late for an appointment with the President. Suddenly, Mira felt ad though she knew nothing of what was happening. She never even heard that she had an appointment! But she didn't want to push it, so she just agreed to be there as soon as possible.

She sighed as she walked back. "Sorry guys, I gotta dash, not sure when I'll be back, but I can bring some takeaway when I'm coming back" she smiled, gathering a few papers from the fridge and grabbing her black backpack with a rainbow stretched out across it's back. "Have fun in the meantime!" She grinned as she walked over to instinctively give a little goodbye kiss to Cena on the top of her head, then did the same with Artoria. "Don't let this rotten woman speak you into anything you don't want to!" She laughed, and with that, she was out the door.

Watching Cena recreate Caliburn was a truly remarkable sight to behold. Artoria wasn't quite prepared for the result to be identical.. in appearance at least. She summoned the real thing in a flash of gold light and even compared the two side-by-side. "Wow. I.. there are no words." Even though the fake was absolutely unusable in a fight, she was still impressed. She couldn't help but swing the replica a few times "Yeah, I don't it being used as a real weapon. The balance is way off, and it feels..." Her words trailed off, unable to describe the odd feeling she got from trying to wield it. "Either way, though, it's a very impressive copy."

"A play of.." The Princess balked at first at the idea, but then realized that such a thing isn't a bad thing, provided it was actually respectful to the history. "I see." After a moment, she'd bite, "What exactly will the play be about?" When Mira suddenly shouted about being late, Artoria's attention turned towards her. "Actually, if it's alright, I'd like to make something for us to eat. A special recipe my mother made." She cast a quick glance to the pile of trash, silently plotting a way to deal with it while Mira was out. The sudden kiss on her head surprised Artoria, not used to such actions from a stranger. "Well, I suppose I can answer her questions later."

Artoria handed the not-Caliburn back to Cena, then decided she wanted to test the woman's copying capabilities. "If I may, could you humor my curiosity?" With her arms outstretched, the little knight summoned forth her magical armor piece by piece, each one appearing into reality with a dazzling flash, eventually finishing off with her visor forming onto her face. "Do you think you could replicate this?"

Last edited:
She grinned at this kiss and even started to kick both of her legs up into the air when Mira left. "What a tease~ And OI! What do you mean ROTTEN WOMAN!?"

Azucena snickered softly at Artoria's reactions, she took the sword back before just playing with it absentmindedly, she levitated the edge on her index finger, but on a closer inspection, she was using a tiny bit of mana to make this work. She tilted her head towards Artoria as she asked about the historical details and the play in general. "Well, I am not a huge buff on history, but apparently, we are going to do a play of King Arthur's life, from the moment he pulls up Excalibur, to the betrayal of Mordred and the ruination of Camelot."

When Artoria started to summon her armor piece by piece and the following inquisition, Azucena was impressed and stared at her with eyes open. "Oooo my, that's so fascinating! As much as I would, I don't think so... Your magic is inherited, I can barely make out its sequences... I may as well just be wearing paper. But do you know who I think you would love to meet? If Drama isn't for you, have you considered the Kendo Club? You know, Japanese Knights and all that."

"And you might want to conserve your energy hun~ You are going to need it when we step outside this dorm..."

While Cena explained what the play was about, Artoria raised her visor up, revealing more of her cute, youthful face under it. The armor certainly made her look more imposing, especially with the face protection, but with her face more exposed, she looked more like a child playing knight than anything. "I could probably help with that. Since I'm a Pendragon heir, I've practically got all the history drilled into my brain." For emphasis, she poked the side of her head with a armored mitted finger.

Artoria looked a bit disappointed when Azucena declined being able to replicate her armor. "Ah, well, was worth a try, at least." She desummoned her armor all at once in a blinding flash of light, going back to her normal garb from earlier. The mention of the Kendo Club immediately got her excited, there were practically stars in her eyes "Japanese Knights?! That sounds sooo cool! You have to show me!" She'd shrug off the warning "Eh, summoning my Armaments costs very minimal mana. Pretty much the same as.. uh.." She scratched her head, trying to think of an easy comparison. "Just putting on clothes, I suppose. Not much energy used up."

Azucena couldn't help but smile when Artoria was being this cute in her armor, despite knowing what she was capable of. Her ability to dispel it instantly was certainly impressive as well. She grinned as the mere mention of Japanese Knights could get her this worked up. "Yup! They were called Samurais as far as I remember. In any case... the Club Captain can be... a little eccentric." She wondered if the Kendo Club's situation has improved since last year. Probably she thought to herself.

"In any case, let's head out! I'll take you to their 'dojo', but after that, I am going back to my dorm. Deal?" She smiled softly before jumping up to her feet. She started to walk out of the room, expecting Artoria to follow.

"Samurai... Yeah, I need to know more about this club." She tilted her head slightly when Cena mentioned the Club Captain as being eccentric, with a desire to know more. But it seemed that she would simply need to see for herself. "Sure, sounds good. I'd like to think I can walk around on my own if need be." She followed the woman out, grabbing her ORB on the way out and pocketing it, securing the door shut behind her.

FIN~

Back