Akashic Arcana Arcadia Main-building

Katie

@Katie @LucyLu @Aer Shiana @jrusso20
----------------------------------------

Azucena, or just, Cena, was spectating the whole examination of the First-years with the rest of the campus. She grinned at both screens, but it seems like the Team Solaris one was the most active at this moment. She saw quite impressive things being done by the First-years, who managed to last this long against the President and the Secretary.

Cena was standing outside the main school building, where a huge crowd surrounded her. At the building itself were floating projectors that showed all of the battles in real time.

"Oooh... So Christian is playing mouse and cat, and the Pres' is just going for the throat? How unlike her." She muttered to no one in particular. However, she saw a familiar face within the dense crowd of all the 2nd and 3rd years, Mira. They didn't have same classes but certainly in the same year.
"Yuhuuu! Miraaaaaa!" She waved towards the cute girl with glasses that seems to adore wearing dark clothes, which only accented her pale complexion and round glasses. Cute.

Mira would be able to see Cena approaching her, always rocking her jean shorts and abdomen revealing shirt. Isn't she going to catch a cold? In any case, Cena would join up with Mira as they were facing towards Team Lunaris' examination.

"Oooo, how is this group doing? Did you watch the Solaris match? I seem to have missed the Icarus match, however. Did they all fail?"

Last edited:
Mira looked around, a bit startled as she heard her name. When she saw Cena coming towards her, though, she couldn't help the small smile and a light blush creeping across her face. "What do you think? Of course, they all failed, it was that douchebag going up against them" Mira sighed as she looked back on the screen. The Lunaris fight was rather boring at the moment, but she wanted to be there when things would pick up. She didn't much talk to Christian before, or well, at all really, but she had a deep respect for him. "I really don't get how they could have let him do this again, I feel sorry for those first-year students. But what about team Solaris? I've watched them from the corner of my eye, but couldn't get out much. I think the camera that I saw from most of it got buried in the sand" she chuckled. "Though it is impressive to watch a young royalty fight, don't you think?"
Mira was glad that they were meeting at such a place like this. Honestly, for most of the time, she was fine around people, but whenever she saw Cena and her revealing outfit, Mira could just feel her heart jump into her throat for a few seconds. She put her hands into the front pocket on her big black hoodie and pulled out something. "Would you like some?" she asked as she held out a pack of Skittles towards the other girl.

"Mind your tongue, mongrel." The voice of the dreaded Vice President would be heard from right behind Mira. He was hovering through the air as aloof as ever, his legs simply dangling, and his hands in the pockets of his red fur-lined jacket. Amatsu didn't have his usual smug smirk, indicating he was clearly displeased. He turned toward Azucena, raising an eyebrow at her. "And of course all of the Icarus team failed. Such weaklings won't attend this academy while I have a say in the matter."

He looked the scantily-clad woman up and down, amused with her blatant disregard for the school's dress code. His smirk returned. "You've got some courage, dressing like that. If I cared enough, I could get you in quite some trouble." He let out a low chuckle, one that just exhumed a sense of superiority. His red eyes flicked between the two girls, then wandered up to the screens that showcased the combat exams. His eyes went wide, then he let out a loud laugh upon seeing the unfortunate situation that Xena had landed in. "Oh, I am so going to torment her about that later. Absolutely golden."

Wu had been watching team Lunaris fight. Though it was more accurate to say that they were fighting amongst themselves. His fellow second year, Ruby was causing quite a stir amongst the poor first years. He'd briefly wondered why the firecracker was even among them, but then remembered the young girl's reputation. He wasn't in her class, but he knew that the fellow fire mage had a knack for getting herself in trouble, whatever it was this time seemed to land her in hot water.

His thoughts were pulled away from the match as he heard a familiar shout. His classmate, Cena though she seemed to be addressing Mira. Or at least she was before Amatsu, the Vice President himself had to show up and start threatening everything that moved again. He decided to help his friends out of a situation. "Greetings, Cena, Mira, Amatsu." He said with his usual friendly smile. His baggier uniform flowing a bit as breeze passed them.

He raised an eyebrow at Amatsu's statement regarding their Secretary, who'd just been rescued from a sinkhole by the President. "I don't see why you should torment her. It was a clever move by the first year. Certainly more inventive than other members of the council who happen to be one trick ponies." He replied back.

"Skittleeeessss! I hope its the sour ones!" She took a couple of the candies inside the bag that Mira was offering, she literally stuffed her face happily with them, to the point that she was smiling with her eyes closed. "Mmm! It is the sour ones! Thanks, Mira, you are a babe~"

However, at the voice of Amatsu reprimanding Mira, it made her frown slightly as she looked up towards the Vice President, floating as arrogantly as usual. However, it looked kind of fun! Cena focused her vision on Amatsu's form. Her eyes slowly faded out and revealed the arcane inscriptions hidden behind the oculars. She could see all the magic surrounding Amatsu, she broke down the basic components and saw his levitation spell in its purest form. After starring at him for a few seconds, she smirked deeply before batting her eyelids a couple of times before they returned to normal.

"Aha... so that's how he does it!"

Cena looked back towards Wu, who had decided to join the group. He waved at him with her usual erratic behavior. "Ni Haaaaaaoooo Wu! Just a sec, I'll be here in a moment. And I still have your pen from the last semester!"

Cena took to the skies, she had replicated the levitation spell, but it looked slightly more raw than Amatsu's as one could see the swirl of arcane residue at her limbs. She crossed her legs and was sitting like how Wu would when he was meditating. She made it look so simple, and at the same time, mocking Amatsu's spell by making a fool of herself while using it.

She flipped herself in mid-air next to Amatsu, still retaining the same position, but now her long hair was falling down in cascades and blood rushing to her head. "Hmmm! It is really funnier from up here Amatsu-sempaaai~" She said in a teasing tone, obviously mocking PACT's anime industry as well by addressing him like that.

Mira could feel a cold shiver run down her spine as she heard Amatsu's voice. Oh, of course, he had to be here. She turned to face him and rolled her eyes without thinking about it. "Too good for the floors, ass-" she wanted to finish her sentence, but decided to stop, piercing her lips together. Soon enough, though, another person stepped up. Mira had to think for a few seconds where she knew the guy from and what his name was. She had real troubles with names, but when he burnt the douchebag with such a smooth reply, she could remember. "Hey Wu, how's it going?" she grinned, showing off her teeth that seemed whiter due to her dark purple lipstick. "Glad you could join us. At least we have one gentleman around."
Amira looked briefly towards the Vice President as he mentioned teasing Xena, but decided against commenting on it. The less interaction she had with the guy, the better, even though it felt like she was swallowing back knives.
She looked back at the screen, bit disappointed that still, nothing happened when she could feel the air move slightly around them. That was strange, given they were inside the building without a window in sight, when she realised that Cena was... flying. She followed the girl's little bravado as she showed off her new skill, and Mira couldn't contain her laughter when she turned upside down, mocking the man.
In fact, she was laughing so hard, her face turned red and she had to crouch down. "I-I'm sorry!" No, she wasn't. "I'm glad... I'm glad you can teach others, Amatsu. Really a humble feature."

Amatsu's glare narrowed threateningly at Wu. His smirk was still in place, but it was certain that the Vice President didn't take kindly to such comments. "One-trick pony, is it? I'd be careful of making such accusations, if I were you. Especially when addressing your betters." He glanced back up at the screen, watching Viktoriya's clear demonstration of skill upon rescuing her ally. "And I will torment whomever I wish. Do not assume to lecture me."

Then his attention would turn to the big-mouthed Mira, in which he'd snap at her, practically in her face while midair "Do you suggest I walk upon the same ground as those inferior to me?" He had a notion to teach the girl a lesson in respect. Once again his smirk was gone, though it quickly returned with a chuckle. "Ah, it's unbecoming of me to respond to such weak insults." After all, the words of the lesser beings had little meaning.

As Cena demonstrated her spell-copying capabilities, Amatsu would raise an eyebrow, otherwise unresponsive to her antics. "Levitation is such an elementary spell, but if it's such an achievement to you, then congratulations." He was amused by her boldness, and tapped her in the forehead to push her away from him. "But, you're in my space, begone." He glanced up at the screens again, watching more of the combat exams, offhandedly remarking to her, "However, it's a costly spell to maintain. You may wish to right yourself before it expires."

Watching the Lunaris fight again, Amatsu remarked on the action. "My, it seems the Orange Prince is finally stepping his game up. About a third of the weaklings filtered out in one attack."

Wu simply smirked as he received a threatening glare. He had no reason to fear Amatsu, and such a reaction was exactly what the lad was hoping for. Amatsu was weak, constantly trying to make others fear him to make himself feel superior. It was pitiable in the monk's eyes. He had to snicker a bit when Cena started floating in a meditation pose. "Are you supposed to be imitating me or Amatsu here, Cena?" He quipped.

His eyes turned back to the Lunaris screen, watching the poor souls succumb to their own fear, dropping like flies as Christian sent rocks flying at them. "Such a pity, at least they don't have to worry about dying with Christian fighting them. It gives Ruby someone better to hit as well."

Cena grinned with her a playful expression of her smiling while showing her tongue between her teeth. She is pushed back by the poke at her forehead, and soon enough, she shifted her form before releasing the levitation spell 5 meters above ground. She performed a gymnastic flip in the air before landing flat on her feet with her arms spread to each side next to Mira. However, in her attempt to appear 'cool', she accidentally kept her legs stiff at her landing, causing a painful shock to travel up her feet until it spread across her body. "Owwieeeeeeeee!" She exclaimed with her legs shaking. She stumbles towards Wu before grinning.

Dramatically, she starts to spin her heels, before letting herself dropping back towards the ground. "Oh! The pain, I can't stand~ Catch me Wuuuuu~" She was expecting Wu to catch her, and if he did, she would sway her right hand up into the air, only furthering making her seem like a clown, causing a few people to snicker at her antics.

If Wu didn't catch her, she would crash into the ground in an equal comical fashion.

Mira turned back towards the screen, sighing as she had nothing to do with the conversation. She noticed, slightly, that Cena landed next to her, but at the same time, something finally happened on the screen. "Aah, guys! Look, Christian made a move!" she squealed and stepped closer. She could see barely see him in the darkness, but luckily the cameras were trained to spot anyone (after signing a ton of papers that no, these things can't be used to track you down by others inside the arena), so as bystanders, they could still follow him around. Kind of. Most of the time. "Oh my god, he is so cool" she whispered under her breath and leaned against a bench that was next to them, closing her eyes. "Oh, how I wish I had a body like that... Or that creativity" she said, sighing, to no-one in particular.
She turned a bright red as she realized that the others might have heard her, so she quickly turned back to the other students, laughing nervously. "So, everybody, are we going to have a "Welcome back to this year's Hell" party? I was wondering if we should invite the new students as well." She glanced towards Amatsu, making a quick side-remark. "I guess it's alright if you attend too..." Before she turned towards the other two, her eyes glowing with excitement. "Maybe we can make that retro Harry Potter beer-pong thing! We could make it into a retro party!"

quidditchpong.png

Wu was right there to catch the class clown. "Tis such a shame, a mage in her prime cut down by two broken legs." He said, helping the girl back up onto her own two feet. "We can only hope the doctors will have mercy upon you."

He was glad for the distraction, he didn't like looking at what Christian was doing to those poor first years. At the mention of a party, Wu brightened up. "I'm always up for a party. We should definitely invite those three first years on Solaris. With the way they're handling themselves, I have a feeling they're shoe ins for Arcadia." As for the beer pong, he didn't know what Mira was referring to by 'Harry Potter', not having much in the way of previous century pop culture, but he was up for anything.

At Wu's remarks, Azucena only put her index finger up to her right eye, only to push down the skin of the eye-chamber, before she showed his tongue at him while making a sour face. "Bleeeh!" She said with a proud remark before standing upright, by pushing herself out of Wu's grasp. She smirks at the mention of a party, and she starts to move up towards Mira, she appeared behind the girl, and at the mention of her fangirling over Christian, she only narrowed her eyes. "M-I-R-A..." She said with a passive-aggressive expression before she attempted to pinch both of Miri's cheeks from behind, stretching them in a comical fashion with her teeth showing.

"You are hurting muh feelings over here~ I can do whatever he does with a funny twist too!" She said gleefully, obviously a white-lie, as she couldn't create inherited spells, but she could certainly make a cheap copy of the visual show.

"In any case, a party sounds fun! OH- WE NEED ZE' BOOZE!" She almost yelled the last part too loud, causing other bystanders to look towards the trio. Obviously, they seemed to be an object of attention for the 2nd years.

"Psssh~ I actually shared a room with a Hungarian girl last semester, she taught me how to make the ancient, holy, sacred, and amazing booze of Palinka! Or whatever its called... I think I made it pretty good! ... Minus the car tires... Why would you brew car tires into the drink?" It was an obvious violation to make homemade hootch, but it is only a crime if you are caught! "Oh, I made it with plums!"

Mira held her cheeks and pouted towards Cena. "Aaaauch. Look what you have done" she moaned as she flicked one of her bracelets and turned it into a little mirror that could easily fit into her hand. "My make up is ruined!" She flicked the other bracelet, and now she held a little foundation stick that was perfectly her shade, though the brand and the writing on it was clearly from Korea. No matter what, for the last two hundred years, they were the only ones who could make the best make-up, and no-one else could combat them. She applied some of it and then smoothed it with her fingers while listening to Wu's reply. "I'm glad you're in" she smiled gently. "And I trust ya on that one, I'll have to rewatch the highlights later" she sighed and clamped the mirror together, flicking it first, then the foundation stick, as they turned back into bracelets.
She turned her full attention to Cena afterwards, looking at the girl with a smirk before she realised that, of course, she was still almost half-naked and suddenly, even Amatsu's rigid form seemed more interesting as he was looking intently at the screen. She looked down, answering the girl first though. "Okay, so you can handle the booze, and Wu can help later on with setting up... wherever we would hold the party. I will ask for a permit from Viktoriya, and maybe she can help us with the guest list too" she mumbled, thinking out loud. "Xena seems like a good person for music, but maybe we should make a quick survey of who likes what. Except if it's a retro party, then we can just use old music. I was thinking of some pop, maybe some anime music, and lots of rock. Although it was a lot more primitive at the time, I like the rawness..." her voice died down towards the end and chuckled. "Right, first the new students have to get through this whole day anyway."
She turned back towards the screen, then frowned. Amatsu seemed to just ignore them for a while now. What the hell was wrong with him. "Hey, birdie, you know it's rude to eavesdrop. If you want to ignore us so badly, do it somewhere else." She pouted, but if she was truly honest, there was some concern inside of her towards the guy. Maybe he was just lost in thought, going through some of his own stuff? ...Nah, Amira was sure he was just being his usual douchebag self.

While the others conversed around him, Amatsu's gaze was fixated upon the screen for Team Solaris. Particularly on the duel between Council President Romanov and the tiny little armored girl that he assumed was Princess Artoria. They were currently caught up in an intense melee duel, trading blow for blow and seemingly on equal ground. He hovered up closer to the screen, watching with great concentration.

He mutters to himself "Are you toying with her, dear President? Or are you two truly equal?" His answer would seemingly be answered quickly as Viktoriya scored a hit, drawing a large gash across Artoria's back. His smile returned, "Never mind, then." His curiosity sated, he went to turn, then would have his attention caught again. In an explosive burst of speed, Artoria had gotten through Vikki's guard, and stabbed Caliburn right into her side. His eyes and smiled widened. "Now this is most interesting."

With his mind no longer shutting out the surrounding sound, he caught Mira's angry remarks at him, to which he would retort with a short chuckle "Don't flatter yourself. There are far more fascinating subjects to eavesdrop on than yourself." Glancing to the other two, he'd catch wind of their plans to party. Normally, he'd reject such an offer, but he was feeling generous. Shrugging, he'd reply, "I suppose I could use some entertainment. I'll attend your little party, on the condition that I bring the drinks. I'll not stain my lips with whatever swill you lot like to indulge in." Amatsu was known for having extremely high standards when it came to treats and alcohol. Whatever he planned to bring would be of the highest quality and taste.

Wu raised an eyebrow at some of the things Mira was suggesting. "What makes you think that Xena Saihara, of all people would attend our party, or that she'd make a good D.J.? The girl hardly ever makes time for fun." He'd learned the hard way after nearly taking a shocking grasp in his freshmen year just for asking if she'd like to participate in some Tai Chi. Though she seemed much more relaxed than usual today if her fight alongside Viktoriya was any indication.

Looking back at Amatsu, he simply rolled his eyes at the man's insults, but lit up when he said he'd bring the drinks. "Well now, how can we possibly refuse such a generous offer? You can certainly bring the drinks." He said. He then noticed a few 2nd years staring at them. He was used to it by now, him, Cena and Mira were certainly an odd trio of friends but he liked it that way. Taking a seat on the bench next to Mira, he saw the damage that the armored girl had done to the president. "Ooh, they're doing really well considering they're learning on the fly."

"Ooooooo! Bring sparkles!" She yelled to Amatsu while punching her right fist into the sky! Azucena, however, quiets down before turning her attention to the Solaris match. For a moment her childish behavior was replaced by concentration as she gazed at the injuries the President sustained. "First was the self-destruct opener, shattered recovery of a full right arm, cut off thumb - and now a blown kidney from that injury. Anyone but her would have died by now, her mana must be abysmal... or simply..." She tilted her head before her right eye switched into the Arcane mode. It lids up for a moment as she was doing her best to capture what her eyes could see from the screen.

"They are out of their element... The President has nothing to fear here. Now, Ruby would have been a problem to deal with. But that girl, however... the blondie. It is like her magic is not her own. Britannia?... Oh." She almost grinned as this fight intrigued her. Cena had her arms crossed just over her chest as she was watching intensively. She might act like a clown most of the time, but she wouldn't have passed her entrance exams if she didn't know how to be serious.

To break the tense air that she admitted, Azucena made her arcane eye fade before turning to face Wu and Mira. "And that means! THE PRESIDENT SHALL BE VICTORIOUS!" She yelled while making a wide grin and holding out a victory sign with her fingers.

Mira raised an eyebrow at the offer. "Really? Hm. I guess you're not too bad after all" she said, then nodded. "Alright. When we have a complete list of around how much will come, I'll let you know. But if you want absolutely no-one else to bring any boose, you gotta tell that to me, so I can put it on the invitation. Maybe we can ask Christian to be at the door for a while since people would listen to him" she smiled at the thought of the DC Captain being the doorman, even for a short while. But with him around, even rules like that would be kept without any hiccups.
She turned her attention to the Solaris match, trying to put together what was happening based on Cena's commentary. It seemed like Viktoriya and Xena actually had their work cut out for them. That made Mira feel a bit ashamed, thinking back on her own entrance exam just a year ago. "I'm glad these new videos will cover up whatever we did last year. That was embarrassing" she moaned and closed her eyes. "I remember being stuck in a corner in a building against the ex-President. I was out of mana, and I had a sword and a shield that I could barely hold up from being exhausted. Oh god, I was teased to no end for months of being lucky enough that Cena-chan came at the right time and helped me out" she blushed a deep shade of red and bit her lips. "Why am I even bringing it up? Agh, so bad..." she mumbled, giving herself tiny slaps to try and get the mental images out of her head. At the time, she barely passed the entrance exam. She was lucky that she scored 95 on the written test because even five less would have meant she was out of the picture. Though she knew that no-one would have been mad at her, she didn't know how she would have lived with that shame.
"That reminds me, I think it was you, Wu, who said you would help me practice some basic martial arts." Mira wasn't sure, at the time she was too high on the adrenaline of being accepted and on the shame of almost failing on the first day. "Would you still want to do that sometimes?"

"Absolutely none," Amatsu confirmed to Mira. It was unheard of for the Vice President to be even remotely chummy with anyone not in Class A. Perhaps he was in a good mood, or simply bored. Listening to the students commentate on the fight, he couldn't help but smile in a non-arrogant way at Azucena's analysis of the duel. "Indeed, the President's victory is all but assured in that duel. It seems the little knight doesn't have any magic outside of her inherited magic. A shame, really. I was hoping for at least a few first-years with some actual talent."

When Mira rambled off her reminiscing over her combat exam, Amatsu couldn't help but roll his eyes. "Dwelling on the past will do nothing. Learn from your defeats, and become stronger. That is the essence of being a Mage." His attention turned back toward the duel. He agreed with Wu, although the Vice President believed that the man had understated it. Artoria wasn't simply learning on the fly. It was almost as though she were testing her limits, which each of her strikes getting stronger the more she gauged the gap in experience and power between her and Viktoriya. And Viktoriya was helping her learn. "Yes, the proctors will certainly win, but I believe that those three will score well on their combat exams. They each seem to show some promise." The flying one, Viola, had already demonstrated a great tactical mind, and the hulking monster was able to lead and inspire, and they each were talented in their application of magic.

Wu gave Mira a pat on the shoulder as she reminisced on her own combat exam. "Yours is a unique talent, Mira. While you can manifest anything, it means nothing if you don't know how to fight with them. That's the whole reason I wanted to train with you in the first place. Improving your swordplay will help make you that much more of a formidable threat. With that in mind, I'd love to train with you. Though be warned, my methods are strict. My family taught me well." He said with a wink.

Looking back at Cena and Amatsu, he was surprised at how genuinely good the latter's advice was. It seemed there was some shred of human decency inside that venom-soaked heart of his after all. While he certainly agreed that the president had a clear advantage over the three remaining first years, he didn't count them out just yet. His eyes went wide when he saw the bigger man free falling towards the President. "This looks like it may be the boy's final attack. Even if that form let's him survive the fall, his other arm will be destroyed." He noted grimly.

"Ooooooooooooouch! That's dirty AHAAHAHA!" Azucena was laughing, as the audio of what was said, even by Vikki, was clearly transmitted. Even the other students started to laugh when Artoria made her little commentary, and her facial expressions were priceless. But everyone held their breath as Masego was performing his suicide attack.

"That... is probably gonna' hurt I tell ya. Hey Miri! Look! Its a flying nun!-... Wait, wrong joke.... It's a flying... flying... Blah. I can't remember the joke. Life sure is strange..."

Back