Open Ardin's School of the Elements/ASE (Always Open)

Wolfy Dalfyry

SCREEEEEEEE
A long time ago, longer than anyone can know, a man only known today by his last name, Ardin, found that man could manipulate four elements. Air, earth, fire, and water. He also found that one could only control one of those elements. Intrigued by his discovery, he dug deeper, found four people who knew how, and created a school to teach people how they could control their element with the knowledge of those four. Though Ardin is long gone, his school remains open, with potential students scrambling to join. Despite the amount of sparring that the different houses do with each other, they are encouraged to unite, not as their respective elements, but as one, the secret ultimate protection for the school. The appropriate age to join is eleven, and the age at which most students leave the school is 17.

When new students come to ASE, they are first sorted into a house that represents each element. The way a student is sorted is: Said student enters a completely stone room that has a spiral cut into the floor. There are four pedestals in each corner. The water pedestal is more of a bowl with water inside, the fire pedestal has a piece of wood burning, the earth pedestal has a rock, and the air pedestal has a ball of mist floating above it. The student who's in the room then goes to each pedestal and touches the element on that pedestal, fire last for the student's safety. If the element they touch does the opposite of what it normally does, then the student belongs in that house. With water, it would be harder to break the surface. With earth, it would bounce. With air, the ball of mist would fall, but not break. With fire, it wouldn't burn the student. Fire students are stereotyped to be bold, protective, and the ones with the most offense, along with Earth. Water and Air students are stereotyped to be the thinkers of the four and are more careful.

The lessons are Introduction to the Elements, Element Essentials, Uses of the Elements, Combative Nature of the Elements, Uses of Mixing the Elements, Healing Properties of the Elements, and Manipulation of the Elements. Let me know if there should be any others.

Can you learn how to control your element or teach how to control your element?

Also, I know how Harry Potter this sounds, but stay with me here!

This is the way that you should enter a character. Multiple characters from a person are welcome.
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Student/Teacher and Element:
Additional Information:

https://www.storytellerscircle.com/...lements-ase-character-submission-thread.7903/ This is where you can submit your character.

Rules: No being rude, no godmodding, ask for consent to kill, script style is okay to use, please don't use one-liners, any amount of paragraphs is welcome.

Message me if you have any questions, or if someone is breaking the rules. Three subjects are still available, two I'm sure of, and the last being negotiated. I know there will be a third available, but as of this moment, I am not sure which one. Introduction to the Elements, Healing Properties of the Elements, and either Combative Nature of the Elements, or Manipulation of the Elements.

Last edited:
Just curious as to what "Role" refers to - like student/teacher or the element in which the character has proficiency?

I'm interested, and depending on recommended age would the majority of students be attending the same courses together despite age? Such as a shared curriculum that all first year students join in when discovering that they're receptive towards the elements.

I'm interested, and depending on recommended age would the majority of students be attending the same courses together despite age? Such as a shared curriculum that all first year students join in when discovering that they're receptive towards the elements.
Yes, the first years take Introduction to the Elements, and Element Essentials, and any other beginner lessons that I add.

Back