Chains of Retribution Bloodstone Medical Center - Part 1: The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
as written by Sokka

Renard looked up at Raquette quizzically, unsure as to why he was being asked to lie down. Hearing about the den and everything else they had been through he had all but forgotten about the wound on his side. Touching a hand gently to his side he followed Raquette and laid down.

"Bitch got me with her damn sword while Carlisle was shifting'." He muttered tossing his jacket to the side, his shirt was soaked with blood the wound was clearly deeper than just a scratch.

as written CelticCat

Raquette typed a quick message to Sophia as Renard settled himself into the bed. "Stay right next to me, Sophia." Then she placed her phone on the bed and relinquished her grip on the young girl so that both her hands could attend to the wound.

She gingerly pulled the shirt up and away from the wound, letting her instincts and prior training guide her hands as she did what she could for Renard.

as written by Lialore

15 minutes later

The journey would no doubt be full of flinches as Brendan drove to the center as quickly as he could. Once there, he let the others out out back then drove off to find somewhere to park. He was going slower now, crawling through the side streets until he found something that would work. The wide alleyway was home to overflowing bins and rusted bikes. Washing lines ran from one side to the other, bare but a few rotting tea towels. Another run-down car was parked at the other end. It looked like it hadn’t moved for years. He turned the van in and killed the engine. Then he did what he could to hide the damage, poking wires back into the exhaust and doing what he could to conceal the blood splatters before snatching up the left-behind rifle and climbing out.

It was a short jog back to the center.

as written by Script

Seri had hopped down from the roof of the van just as people were starting to spill out of it. The teen flashed a toothy smile to the van's occupants in greeting, peering curiously up at the nondescript building.

"Well..." he murmured with a glint of amusement in his yellow eyes, "This is ... nice."

as written by Tiko and Knosis

Desmond stood up as the engine to the van turned off, but his lack of hands left him throwing his head around to look at Chloe expectantly.

Chloe grunted, sidling to the door to open them for Desmond. "Out you go.." She murmured.

He hopped down before pausing to wait for Chloe to get out as well.

Chloe hopped out the van, scanning the area. She'd never been here before. She gently scratched the back of Desmond's ear out of reflex before moving away from the van. She looked troubled.

Desmond bumped up against her legs, encouraging her forward towards the building while Jacques came around the side the vehicle.

"Where's Aimee?" he inquired.

Desmond glanced back towards the van and Jacques's expression darkened as he found her unconscious.

"Let's get her inside," he said as he lifted her up to carry her in.

"Hey, I'm going I'm going.." She raised a brow at the big wolf. "You're acting like my Da." She teased, heading towards the building. She walked to the door and opened it for Desmond and Jacques.

Desmond padded along with Chloe, keeping so close that he was pressed up against her side as they went.

Once inside, Jacques took Aimee to the nearest gurney and lay her down.

"Where's Reinhard?" he asked.

Chloe frowned at Desmond slightly. She had no where to go really for the night, but Desmond hovering close to her also disturbed her. "Are you okay Desmond..?" She asked quietly.

as written by Script

Seri scowled petulantly at the lack of acknowledgement from the others in the van, stalking after them into the building. He wasn't sure what he'd expected. Wordlessly, he slunk towards the side of the room, finding a corner to lurk in and watch the chaos.

From his position on the floor, Snow looked up at the new arrivals. He raised a hand to point towards the operating room, "Through there, working on Baron," he said, deliberately avoiding mentioning Vanessa so that Sophia didn't overhear. He slowly pushed himself to his feet, wiping his still slightly red-stained hair out of his face. "If nobody's critical, we'll do what we can to patch them up out here, but Reinhard and Jesse have their hands full. What happened?" He asked, "Where's Bastien?"

Desmond's response came in the form of another shove as he prodded and guided Chloe through the room and deeper into the building until they reached a storage room that was used to keep spare clothes for the pack.

Once he nudged it open and went inside, he quickly began to shed his wolfish form in favor of one with opposable thumbs and a capacity for human speech.

The woman had followed in silence, as it was mostly all she could do. As he disappeared into the storage room, she did too.

Chloe averted her eyes, looking down the opposite side of the room as he dressed. "How badly are you hurt? Shouldn't I have a look at that before you get dressed..?" She asked quietly.

"Not badly," Desmond answered. "I 'eal quickly. I'll find someone to patch me up in a bit 'ere. I just wanted to warn you that I don't know 'ow the pack 'ill take you bein' 'ere, so try to keep your head down tonight. An' avoid Julienne."

Chloe nodded and sighed. "Yeah well.. I don't think she'd care for me after this anyway. We got into a fight after you got lit up.. Didn't go well for her.." She said quietly.

"But now I can't go back to the Society either.." She murmured as she sat down on the ground.

Desmond arched an eyebrow at that. "You put down Julienne?" he asked. "Might be the pack 'ill 'andle you being 'ere better than I thought. That'll 'ave earned you some respect. But definitely avoid Julienne. She'll be lookin' for any call to put you out."

Chloe buried her face into her knees. "Nearly killed her.." She admitted. "I wanted to.. She started it, punched me in the face.. And all I could feel this.. Primal rage.." She murmured.

She sighed, peering over her knees at Desmond. "I had to pull the wolf back from killing Julienne.."

as written by Tiko

"Baron?" Jacques asked Snow. "How bad?"

Jacques expression was dark enough as to be near unreadable as he turned Aimee's face to get a better lok at her wounds. He grabbed up some gauze pads to press over the side of her face, but there was little he could do for her here. She needed Reinhard.

"Help me get her an IV setup," he said.

At the least he could keep her sedated until Reinhard could see her.

"Bastien's cleaning up at the Den and covering our tracks," he explained.

Last edited:
as written by Script

"Bad," Snow replied grimly, "I'll grab a bag."

He moved through to one of the side-rooms, grabbing the necessary equipment before moving back through. He handed Jacques the connecting needle and tubing as he set about hanging and readying the bag itself.

"He'll survive." The statement seemingly came out of nowhere as he was finishing with the IV, "He always does."

His voice didn't sound as certain as his words.

as written by Quinn

If Jean-Pierre had been younger, he might have had a more visible struggle with controlling himself when Ragenard's anger spread throughout the room like tendrils, enveloping them all; But as it stood, Jean-Pierre had already had his period of time where that was a problem for him, and it cost the lives of 113 innocent people.

That being said, it still took its toll on him, and he was now craving any vice that he thought he could get his hands on while stuck with the others. Which meant that his lovable nameless whores were out, and he was just about to cross 'cylindrical paper tubes full of chemical additives' off of his list (as he had, in his hurry, left his pack back at his place), when he heard Ragenard say the magic word.

Now on his own little personal mission, and sure that Ragenard would bum him one of the joyous little cancer sticks if he found any, Jean-Pierre followed suit to the storeroom. Upon arriving, he cleared his throat to make himself known, if he wasn't already, and gave Ragenard an acknowledging nod.

"If it pleases ye, I think I'll be partaking in whatever delight you find in here. Hopefully it's one that smolders."

"Way I recall, there was a time you wouldn't 'ave," Desmond answered. "Pulled it back that is."

He rummaged about before throwing some spare clothes over an arm. He wouldn't be able to get dressed until someone saw to his injuries unless he just wanted to get blood all over the clothes.

Fortunately as a wolf, he was far more durable than a human. The only sign of the gunshots was surface damage to the skin and underlying muscle. Nothing appeared to have penetrated particularly deep.

He knelt down and gave her shoulder a comforting squeeze.

"You can stay back here if you want, until things calm down, but I need to get back out there."

"You know I could probably patch you up.. The others are a bit busy and frantic, and I can dress minor wounds if I had the stuff for it.." Chloe muttered. "I've been a cop for ages, been shot and cut up a bit that medical care was getting expensive and figured out minor things could be fixed up at home.." She slowly stood up.

"Besides, Baron put you under my care until he got back. Until he does, you're not leaving my sight." She grinned slightly.

"Alright, but stay close to me tonight," he said as he stood up.

He ushered her back through the door before they made their way back towards the front room.

as written by Dashmiel and Abraxas

Ragenard was lounging amidst a circle of tossed up packing boxes and clothes, about to light up a slightly bent cigarette of undeterminable age when his nose caught Jean-Pierre’s scent.

“Yo, gramps. Have a most succulent fag. Probably as old as you are” exclaimed Ragenard as he shook the old pack of cigarettes towards Jean-Pierre, gesturing for him to take a seat on a nearby chair.

Jean-Pierre raised a hand in front of his face and waved it back and forth, as if to brush off the gramps comment. With another nod, this time an appreciative one, he reached the same hand foward and plucked a cigarette from the dated pack that had been held out in front of him. A lighter was procured from his back pocket, and the tip of said cigarette was lit as he sat down in the seat previously gestured to.

"I have to say, I've had a vast number of fags in my day, in more ways than one, but I would ever describe any of them as 'succulent'. Though I suppose it's definition, 'full of juice', wasn't far off in some cases, if you catch my drift."

A pause, then a slow exhale of smoke.

"I'm talking about jizz, so enjoy that visual."

Ragenard couldn’t help but to snort at Jean-Pierre’s antics, the pressure of the night momentarily forgotten as he took the time to light his own cigarette and take a few quick drags.

“I hope I live long enough to say shit like that to some pup one day” Ragenard remarked between puffs as he got up from his cardboard nest, “Hell of a night, huh. You seem alright though, I assume your usual shield of whores kept you out of the fray, huh?” he added with only a small hint of reproach.

"You assume correctly, Rage. I'm sure you don't approve, like always, probably want me to be out there on the front lines, huh. Fighting with you guys. Using my old man prowess to strike down our enemies for glory and whatnot. I prefer my whores. They're warm. Plus they don't war with other whores pointlessly. If they fight over anything, it's who gets to go another round with me between the sheets."

Ragenard took a few silent drags of his cigarrette before addressing the old wolf with seriousness in his voice.

"You've earned your way to your eccentricities, old man. I certainly can't fault you for them, not with your history. But things may get hard soon, and if push comes to shove I hope the Beast of Lemaitre is there to watch my back" proclaimed Ragenard as he got up and picked up a large box from the floor, making his way to the door. "No whores for a bit, gramps. I have to get back to the others, we can talk more later" he added as he made his way back to the others.

as written by Alara

While Jacques and Snow were seeing to Aimee, Desmond and Chloe rejoined the others in the main room. The spare clothes he tossed on a table next to an assortment of medical supplies.

"Won't need any stichin'," Desmond told Chloe. "It'll be 'ealed by mornin'."

He had taken several hits from the look of it. One in the hip, another in the ribs, the back of his shoulder, and a graze across his neck. The bleeding had already slowed to a cakey mess before he had shifted back.

as written by Knosis

Chloe took a bit of gauze and rubbing alcohol, dipping some of the liquid onto the gauze. "Probably gonna hurt, but I need to check.." She muttered, wiping down the gun wound on his hip first. She silently worked away at the caked blood, tenderly rubbing the damaged skin clean. After a bit, she clicked her tongue and looked for a pair of medical tweezers.

Once she obtained them, she began to gently dig under Desmond's skin until she pulled out a small pellet. "Definitely don't want to leave those in, even if you do heal fast.." She murmured, continuing her work with the dabbing and cleaning. Once she was satisfied with that wound, she bound it with medical tape and gauze. "If you heal fast, that's all you're gonna need for any of this.." She moved to get a new gauze to start up on the wound on his ribs.

as written by Dashmiel

Ragenard’s brow furrowed in confusion upon his return to the medical center’s main room before his conscious mind caught up to the reason. Placing the heavy box on the ground, Ragenard took a second to scan and scent the room. The furrowing in his brow only increased as he began to curse under his breath.

"Can someone explain to me who the fuck all of these strange people are before I eat them?" he roared as he made his way to where Desmond was being treated by someone that smelled like they had at least hung out with the pack some, deciding that figuring out who that was would be less stressful than figuring out what the fuck that other thing was.

as written by Tiko

"Aye," Desmond answered. "Baron brought them in from the Phantom Quarter a few days ago. Foun' them out there makin' a right mess of things. Bunch o' pups with no discipline. Except this one. This one's uh... Chloe. She's wi' the Ardelean Society. An' before you go bitin' me head off, Baron trusted 'er, an' she saved our skins back there. Put down the one that filled me full of a lead."

Better to come clean now. There was no way Ragenard wasn't going to find out, and it would be best for all of them if it came from his own mouth.

"She knows she can't go back. Not now that she's been 'ere," he added.

as written by Dashmiel

Ragenard simply stood regarding Chloe for a few seconds, taking a long drag of his cigarette as he mulled Desmond's words over.

"I find it a bit hard to believe that Baron trusted her. But if she saved your ass, her ass is safe as long as she doesn't give me a reason otherwise" growled Ragenard, making sure to look Chloe straight in the eyes. "You will not leave this building without my say so. Remember that" he added, directly addressing Chloe.

as written by Knosis

Chloe worked on patching Desmond's ribs as the two men exchanged their words. Keep her head low, that's what she'll do. She gazed up into his eyes, exhaustion and worry on her brow more than anger or fight. But she did not know this man, even though it was obvious he meant something to the Bloodstones.

"I go where Desmond goes. Baron's orders were to keep an eye on him, and that's what I plan on doing. I really don't know who you are." She explained. "So unless I'm told otherwise by Baron, I don't take orders from you."

as written by Tiko

Desmond couldn't help but grimace at Chloe's idea of 'keep your head down'.

"We'll be sittin' put," Desmond interjected.

as written by Dashmiel

Ragenard gave one last look at Chloe, more curious than anything else. There were things that needed doing however, and he opted to satisfy his curiosity later. "That's a cute shadow you have there, Des. I'll leave you two to it" Ragenard said as he turned his back to them before stopping to look at Chloe over his shoulder. "Name's Ragenard. I'm Baron's brother" he added before picking up the box and walking off towards Julienne.

"Yo, Juls! I scored some smokes! Come help set up this shit and you can have one" he shouted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back