Books, Stories and Tomes...

Drakel

Your greedy little Jewgon!
CAN YOU READ?!

Yes?

DO YOU READ?

Yes?

Okay... good. Then this thread is for you. I'm curious on who here read or listened to a book ever so often. What type of books do you like reading? What have you read thus far? What is your favorite story and why? Why do you like reading? What got you into it? , How many books have you read within the month? And so on...

Tell us more about yourself and this sick addiction that you might have with books. This thread is, after all, a place for you to talk about it and maybe share a few good books.

Currently I'm looking to find time to read 'The Girl in the Spider's Web' because I'm curious what Lagercrantz can do with the series. I often read Brandon Sanderson's novels because the worlds are all top notch and I love the characters.

I like reading because Holy-fuck I'm an addict. Probably apt, considering I'm doing a degree in English Literature, of all things :p

Interesting dude. I've heard that Brandon Sanderson was pretty good so I'm sure I'll check him out some time myself. Also tell me how 'The Girl in the Spider's Web' goes dude.

As for me, I'm currently reading the Tameraire series. Currently on "The Black Powder War" one and in all honestly it's a pretty interesting series, mainly due to the concept of a Napoleon War having dragons be a part of it and how having dragons as a part of it effects the very events of the war. On the side I'm also reading "The Art of War" as I stopped in the midst of it to read 'Tao Te Ching', the former is rather interesting in and of itself and the latter I tended to quote quite often myself.

It's okay, I know the pains of book addiction, once I read one I don't have enough and thus need more. I'm worried that my local book dealer might hire a hit and run on me soon. xP

Jokes aside though, I'm more of a casual reader and tend to read as a form of entertainment and for fun.

I used to be a ravenous reader, but now I just read if I have the time... which is very rarely. I'm slooowly working my way through Dune. After that is done I'm going to read The Name of the Wind. I'll probably reread Outlander after that... if I don't read It, The Stand, or The Crimson Petal and the White. I have a bad habit of constantly buying books despite not having half as much as I would like to read them.

Currently reading "The Protector's War" by S.M. Stirling, second in his Novels of the Change series.

Re-reading the series as a new book has come out.

Currently reading "The Protector's War" by S.M. Stirling, second in his Novels of the Change series.

Re-reading the series as a new book has come out.
that's what, seven now? eight? admittedly i lost interest after the third (aka when it became arthurian fantasy instead of post-apoc) and stopped reading after... five? whenever they actually got the magic sword on the other side of the continent

Goes and counts...

10. Unless you want to count the original trilogy that spawned the idea (Sea of Time arc...about Nantucket going back in time).

i lost interest after the third (aka when it became arthurian fantasy instead of post-apoc) and stopped reading after... five?

You kept reading after you lost interest? That's an angle I've never heard before.

I only read trashy romance novels, honestly. I read before bed and sleep like a lightswitch being hit by a cat - without any warning and at random intervals - so I can't really bring anything good to bed.

I've read all of Nora Roberts' books.

Send help.

You kept reading after you lost interest? That's an angle I've never heard before.
I gave it whole two books of leeway to catch my attention again, desperately hoping it'd return to the themes and atmosphere of the first part of the series. Alas.

I mean, not trying to say the rest of it is bad. Just not my style. I was ambivalent towards the author's actual writing from a technical standpoint from the start, but the story itself is what got me into it.

Yikes. I really hate it when I give a piece of media like, ample opportunity to re-hook me, but it doesn't work out. It feels sort of like you're dating the wrong person for a few weeks - just wasted time beyond what you learned about your tastes.

Is it bad that I'm a forum roleplayer but I never read books as a hobby?
I always default to TV Shows, Movies or Video Games.
Yikes. I really hate it when I give a piece of media like, ample opportunity to re-hook me, but it doesn't work out. It feels sort of like you're dating the wrong person for a few weeks - just wasted time beyond what you learned about your tastes.
Also, this was The Walking Dead show for me...
But now there's Negan so... We'll see.

Walking dead always starts and finishes strong, and all the garbage in the middle is just like "Hey come get food with me." "No I hate you and also you smell and are super dangerous to all around you!" "But we need the food." "I'll come get the food then maybe but I still hate you." "Turns out we don't hate each other all that much." "NO ZOMBIES"

Im more of a Comic Book-guy but I did pick up and read through Metro 2033 after becoming a huge fan of the games. Planning on reading through 2034 and maybe one of the Spin-offs when I get the time.

Walking dead always starts and finishes strong, and all the garbage in the middle is just like "Hey come get food with me." "No I hate you and also you smell and are super dangerous to all around you!" "But we need the food." "I'll come get the food then maybe but I still hate you." "Turns out we don't hate each other all that much." "NO ZOMBIES"
I'd say that varies per season.
Like in Season 3 they ended it with the Governor killing his own people because what... He's nuts?
That season ending felt more like a slap in the face than anything.

I don't read that much on paperback anymore, but when I was younger, I was obsessed with a fantasy series called The Edge Chronicles. A strange world where there's only one continent of land in an endless abyss of sky. It's like Peter Pan meets Alice In Wonderland, only without anyone from the normal world going into a fictional world. It's just amazing.

Nowadays, though, I stick to reading fan fiction. I think the most recent paperback book i've read would be Five Night's at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes. Also a good book.

I love you read. Oh boy when I way younger I would get in all kinds of trouble for reading instead of actually doing anything. Within the month I've only had the chance to read three books. Sara Blaedel - The Forgotten Girls, Stephen King - The Regulators, and The Enemy - Charlie Higson. My genre when reading would have to be thriller and horror, I like to see if I can guess who's the murderer that the end of my books.

I read a lot of fan fiction...like a whole bunch XD Mostly Harry Potter and The Walking Dead fan fictions. Though I'm always looking for new ones to check out.

Im more of a Comic Book-guy but I did pick up and read through Metro 2033 after becoming a huge fan of the games. Planning on reading through 2034 and maybe one of the Spin-offs when I get the time.
My man! 2034 is definitely worth a read. Did you play Last Light?

Nah i've heard of it but I never got the chance to, I'd love to give it a read though. Stephen King is a favorite of mine.

Lois McMaster Bujold is one of my favourite authors. She has two series: The Vorkosigan Saga, and the World of Five Gods. Highly recommend!

Back