Brainiacs

TehRealCoralSnek

Generally awkward
The name of this game, dear pupils, is Brainiacs™ ! The goal of the game seems simple, sound smarter than the person above you in a single sentence. The sentence doesn't have to be smarter, it just has to be true. But how will we know if it sounds smarter? Well, after someone replies to this post, the person trying to sound smarter than them will say if it sounds smart or if it's a brain fart.

I'll start us off with something easy:
AU is the periodic symbol for gold, it is also a very important acronym to the world of fandoms.

How unfortunate that this thread had to start off with a claim that had a major flaw to it, namely that it is not AU, but that it is Au that is the symbol for gold.

Good one, Randium.

But did you know the strongest structure in nature is a buckyball, the molecular makup of diamond, created by compressing carbon over a period of time?

That depends on how you would define a structure, for a neutron star is made out of one big cluster of neutrons, which could be seen as a structure as well, and it is obvious that there's more energy needed to break a neutron star than to break a single buckyball structure.

The only reason it takes so much energy to break the neutron star is because the energy needed to create one is significantly greater than the energy in the bonds of a neutron star, and if you take note that the additional energy is not dispersed anywhere, that means the exess energy still resides within the neutron star, creating additional resistance to whatever energy is used to destroy said neutron star.

That is why I said that it depends on how you would define a structure, for it is trivial that much more energy can be gained from a neutron star than from a buckyball, thus lowering the netto energy that will be lost when breaking the neutron star.

Though that may be true, it is highly improbable that a neuron star will be used for much in the near future, seeing as how there is too much to learn about the neuron star, but seeing as how diamonds are so rare, they too have a low probability of being used for much, meaning we must further study what we currently use, to increase structural stability.

A NEURON star? I hope you have made a spelling mistake twice, my friend, for a neuron star yet has to be discovered and is not very likely to exist.

A NEURON star? I hope you have made a spelling mistake twice, my friend, for a neuron star yet has to be discovered and is not very likely to exist.
Same aoto correct... DAMN AUTOCORRECT!!!!!!!!! My phone was made in the moron star solar system.

I am very sorry, but it obviously doesn't look smart that one doesn't read its comments to make sure autocorrect didn't mess anything up. :p

That seems fairly unlikely. See the human brain is one of a few parts of the body that has something called immune privilege. Basically this prevents it from triggering inflammatory immune responses when they encounter antigens. This would likely make it impossible for your brain to recognize the need to expel waste, solid or otherwise. Still, without immune privilege it's possible your immune system would try to destroy your eyes, brain, and balls, so it really has more ups than downs.

Back