C.P daggerchin vs the generic day at Jay's House

Wintergreen

The Heart of The Party
It was just like any other weekend I was walking to my friend Jay's house. I could just feel BR was there. We had always gotten along and were the closest in the group. Almost everytime we were together we had picked on Jay. Today would be no exception.

A random guy with skinny jeans had approached me. I was a little nervous, the stories told around these parts were of gang activity. He looked like a crook. When he opened his mouth I knew I was gonna die.

"Hey chrismas!!!" he exclaimed

"Who???? Im -uh- C.P??" I said.

"The C standing for Chrismas" He persisted.

"No the C standing for-" I had gotten interrupted by a door opening.

Jay's dad had really saved me. "Go home Kalvin Kalzone and quit harassing everyone, no one likes you!" he said. Which was very rude and unlike Jay's dad. The kid wasn't being mean... Just annoying.

Upon entering I had noticed everyone already sitting in their rightful spots. So naturally I had taken mine. Both BR and Jay had already chosen an activity; watch Jay play games.

At some point while Jay was playing the game he had let four npc's die.

"Wow jay whats wrong with you?!?!?! Letting those four people die" BR had joked.

It made me think though if Jay could let these npc's die what does that tell us about him?

This joke had gone on for at least two hours and Jay wasn't happy.

"Shut up!" he commanded.

It was really silent for awhile. But slowly all was forgotten. I didn't mean to be annoying.

"I'm sorry but is it okay that I ship you and B.R. Just imagine C.P and BR" Jay said

"Jay please stop" said BR.

This hadn't been the first time he had said this. It was a normal tread whenever we were near Jay. It wasn't bad just weird..... For both Br and I.

Later that night I woke up to a strange surprise: jay was face-to-face with me, our noses touching. Which wouldn't have been weird since all three of us were laying by each other. But he was awake and breathing heavily.

"Hey, i think you and Br should date" Jay said.

"Hey, I think you should buzz off" I said.

I quickly turned away so I didn't have to face him. I have to admit he was acting creepy. Maybe he was just joking. After all he was our friend.

That morning was pretty normal.

"Hey Jay last night-" I said.

"What are you talking about?" he interrupted.

"Nothing. I guess" I said and dropped it.

"Jay you let those 4 people die!" Br joked.

This had reminded Jay and he started to ignore us.

"I don't think he likes us right now" Br said.

Jay wasn't doing anything, he sat there starring out the window, an empty husk, an empty shell, it was like there was nothing left.

Eventually Br's mom came and offered me a ride. I accepted and sat in the back, all I did was stare out the window.

On the way home I couldn't help but feel like an annoying nuisance. I felt bad. It felt like i had made a generic day go bad. Usually we all had a pretty good time. Even if we always did the same thing. But this time it felt like we crossed the line. I felt threatened. The though haunting me. Just the image of what was left. What we caused. Maybe I was overthinking like I always had.

After that it felt Jay had forgotten us. He hadn't texted us or contacted us in anyway at all. Days became months but it never became easier trying to forget Jay. It made me miss how things were.

Soon came the exodus.

I was at Br's house. The night was old. It was blue outside and tinted the room with its moonlight. The outside caught my attention. It helped me think. A creek at the door broke my attention. I could feel my heart start to race. The closet door slowly opened. At this point I knew something was off.

"Br! Br!" I shouted while also trying to be loud but not wake anyone.

"What?" he had finally responded.

"Your closet door opened"

"Its probably nothing"

"Okay" I agreed and decided to lay back down. I finally fell back asleep.

2 in the morning. Thats what the time had said. I looked up, catching a glimpse of something as I closed my eyes. I was reluctant to re-open my eyes but finally had. I saw a shadowy figure.

"Watch out he's coming" said the skinny shadow.

He had left the room. Although regretful I followed. As I slowly walked down the hallway. I saw the man with the moonlight on him.

"K-" I got caught off.

A bigger shadow had gotten on me. Putting its hands around my throat.
I couldn't catch my breath, however I catched a glimpse of this dark figures face. It was Jay. But why? My eyes continued to water. I started to loose consciousness. I couldn't just allow this. Even if it was a friend. I reached for an object, any object. All the tumbling knocked down a lamp. In a long stretch I grabbed the lamp, proceeding to bash Jay's head. He fell off me.

Bash!

"You come to me and attack me!" I screamed.

Bash!

"How-"

Bash!

"-dare-"

Bash!

"-You!"

I got up off him. I raised the bloody lamp.

"You were my friend! But now, But now.... Youre a... Youre some kind of monster" I screamed.

Br came in.

"C.P stop you'll kill him!" Br said.

"We have to stop him! He's a monster" I screamed.

I was shaking and crying. The other figure came out. It was Kalvin Kalzone.

"Do it chris!" Kalvin said.

"No don't!" Br said

"This is what you wanted! You can't stop now! You have to stop this horrific monster who instills fears into others!" Kalvin said.

"If you kill him while he's defenseless you'll be the monster! You dont even know this kid!" Br said

"I'm doing this for you! I got this monster here because I know how it feels to be afraid too. I once dealt with one myself!" Kalvin said.

"C.P don't kill our friend! Its okay to be afraid.... Just dont let it turn you into a monster"

I had dropped the lamp.

"Killing him may feel right. But its more of what I want. I have to do what's right" i said.

Kalzone had disappeared.

"Thanks Br" I said

"It's okay Im always gonna be here. As your friend"

"And my conscious" i said.

The police came and arrested Jay. Both Br and I still hangout to this day. He has grown to be my best friend. Although its silly we also opened an office for strange occurrences. As for Kalvin. Its as if he dropped off planet earth like a bad habit... Or thought.

Huh? Thanks man i wish i could do better. I tried hinting at charcacters inner thoughts without just saying it.

Back