Interest Check Character Cafe?...

MysticMallow

I'm not sure if this is already a thing... but I got this idea from this thread so I'm not taking any credit for this. But I wanted to do an interest check for this idea.

I thought it could be cool if there was an open cafe type thing. Where you can be in character and interact with other people's characters casually with no real storyline. This could be used to develop or practice playing your characters, or like... making new roleplay friends and getting used to roleplaying with others, especially if you are new to the site. And you can come in and out whenever so it's easy to join and you don't feel the need to keep replying so you can drop out whenever and either come back with the same character or new characters. I think I'm rambling XD but basically it would be a very relaxed and laid back place that you can come and go from with ease and have fun using characters, either original characters or characters from shows and such and have them interact with others!

I'm not sure if that made any sense cause I'm sure I rambled and it may make no sense XD but this is an interest check! So if you like the sound of this or have any ideas to add to this (You will get credit) and you think I should put time into planning this and making it a thing, please comment below or leave a reaction! Thanks so much for your time

We definitely have this in The Nexus. It's an open RP where any character can exist. There's no approval process. One of the advantages is there is live RP through our Discord and it includes central locations where character can meet for the type of interactions you're describing. All you need to do is go over to The Nexus in the Epic RP section and post a character sheet, then you're good to go. The Leaky Servo is a bar location that's a wonderful central place that does exactly what you're describing.

The only thing that wouldn't mesh is that direct fandom creations aren't allowed in The Nexus. That includes both canon characters and OCs from fandoms.

Last edited:
We definitely have this in The Nexus. It's an open RP where any character can exist. There's no approval process. One of the advantages is there is live RP through our Discord and it includes central locations where character can meet for the type of interactions you're describing. All you need to do is go over to The Nexus in the Epic RP section and post a character sheet, then you're good to go. The Leaky Servo is a bar location that's a wonderful central place that does exactly what you're describing.

The only thing that wouldn't mesh is that direct fandom creations aren't allowed in The Nexus. That includes both canon characters and OCs from fandoms.
Awesome!! I didn't realise it was that type of thing, now I know XD

Back