Akashic Arcana Christian's Office - An Interesting Attempt

LucyLu

Mira knew going alone to Christian's office would be out of line, but she wanted to get to know the man for such a long time, and this was the perfect excuse to be alone with him. She was usually confident and full of energy, but now she found herself fiddling with her rings on her middle and index fingers. She took extra time that day to make her make-up crisp and flawless looking while trying to figure out if she should go with her usual hoodie and skinny black jeans, or if she should try and put on a tank top instead. Or was she supposed to look more elegant?
She couldn't decide and that just made her more anxious, groaning to herself as she proceeded to de-merge multiple elegant dresses and shirts that she would almost never use otherwise. She thought back to what she knew about the process and bit her lips as she realised that it was basically nothing. But she didn't have the time, or the ability to focus, to investigate more, so she just had to deal with it! She did remember something about a physical exam, and the thought of Christian looking over her body made her squeal and blush. She quickly put both of her hands over her hands and looked towards her locked room. She hoped that Artoria wouldn't hear a thing... Or that she would move out because Mira was too weird. She was just so excited! And awkward... And her heart was racing.
She decided on a comfortable black tank-top with a skull on it in the end that showed her few curves in a much better light, though she still tied a zip-up grey hoodie around her waist that was made particularly for running. She was happy with her decision, up until she turned away from the mirror and looked around. Elegant clothing was thrown about everywhere, and she groaned as she realised that her mana would need some time before she would just merge them all together and fit it back in into the way too small closet.
She left the mess, closing her door shamefully as she walked over to the kitchen counter and grabbed her ORB. She looked through it to see all of the evidence she could gather as to why she would be a good fit. She included the confirmation of herself going above a higher class too, although she still wasn't sure what the reason was. Nevertheless, it made her feel like she had more of a chance at winning Christian, the dreamy prince, over.
She took a deep breath and walked out of the dormitory and quickly made her way towards Christian's office. Her face and energy dropped when she could still hear many students inside the office. No, she couldn't just barge in late, and she definitely didn't want to have a time-restraint at their meeting. She frowned and straightened her spine as she walked away towards the nearest library. She could wait, after all, good things come to those who wait, right? She smiled to herself as she settled in with some books for a few hours.
The next time she made her way to Christian's office, she was sure that most students left, but as she was about to knock on the door, she could still hear someone else being in there with him. Mira frowned, huffing to herself. Damn it, would nobody leave this guy alone? Mira could definitely understand the need for everyone to wanting to see him, but this was the only day she felt brave enough to do this! Come on life, throw her a bone, please! She made her way back towards the room where she was before and settled back in.
The next time, she was running. Shit, it became really, really late while she was waiting. It was well over midnight, and she was half-sure that Christian would be asleep, though the hope that the man was workaholic was strong enough to keep her going. She stopped in front of the door and put her hears up against the door. She couldn't hear anything... But was that a sigh? A chair creaking? Someone was still definitely inside, Mira smirked.
She took a deep breath, pushed her glasses up on her nose and plastered a sweet smile on her face. This would be the first time she would be alone with the other man, and she wanted to make the first impression a good one.
She knocked on the door and then went for the doorknob. She was already trying to step inside with a rather loud "Hello!" when she just threw her whole body in the doorframe. "What..." she whispered, as she tried to open the door again, but it wouldn't budge. Her face turned a deep shade of red as she realised what it must look like to the man on the other side. Should she run? Should she try and knock again? She stepped back, looking around the hallways.

A knock; a knock was the only thing that pulled Christian out of his heart-warming day... or well, given the circumstances, his 'night'-dream. He looked up from his desk; his eyes partially closed, whilst scratching his stubble-covered jaw.

'Yugh... why do i always have to wake up? Can't i just... can't i just have my peace?"

He thought as he stretched out behind his desk; only to have his eyes widen as he sees how the doorknob was moving.

"What..." He whispered; immediately standing up afterwards. He was still wearing the skintight - thou somewhat wrinkled - white tank top and the tight-fitted sweatpants. He moved towards the door and grabbed the doorknob; turned it and successfully opened the door. He looked out the door and smiled brightly; still looking tired, however, he said; "H-Hello there, is there something i could help you with?" He then leaned his left arm against the door; resting his face against his flexed bicep. He yawned; his blue eyes glimmering in curiosity...

Mira looked up, her eyes as big as plates when the door opened and revealed a rather tired and adorable looking Christian. Oh... Right, maybe it was too late for the man to be handling such affairs right now. She glanced towards the right, maybe she could still run. It was dark in the hallways, there was only a small chance Christian would even remember seeing her ever before, so if she would dash right now, she could get away and leave the busy man. But the silence grew too awkward and she could feel the man's confused eyes on her.
"Uhm, hi!" she smiled and gave a little wave. "I- uhm... My name is Mira! I'm in second year, and I know I'm being out of line" she chuckled at the accidental pun, which she realised wasn't probably at all funny, or understandable without knowing why she was there, so she quickly tried explaining, making quick circling motions with her arms, like wheels. "You know, because I'm literally out of the line of the other students who were here today and because I'm out of line asking to be... considered for the... Committee?" Her voice got higher and higher and by the end, it sounded like a question. She tried to grin at the man, but she could feel her lips trembling.
"So, uhm... Can I come in and maybe try out for the committee? I was uhm- Busy, today. School stuff, responsibilities, and the line seemed long too" she tried to explain more and more, her confidence running away with each word, and she was sure the man could see through her lies. Not the start she dreamed of.

"A-Ah... you want to apply for the Disciplinary Committee? Well... i concluded the interviews hours ago... but... since i don't have anything else to do-..."

'Except sleeping... really...'

He realized she'd probably keep silent, so he quickly continued to talk; "I'll only consider you as a recruit if you are prepared to dedicate yourself to the Committee. I won't stand for disobedience." He then yawned; but the furiosity in his eyes indicated he meant it. "Come in, Mira..." He then stepped back; allowing the girl to move into his office, which was properly heated to a comfortable temperature and lit by the wall-mounted art-deco lights that illuminated the room in just the right way. The big panorama windows were covered by curtains made of silk and satin and the white decorated walls gave anyone who enters the feeling that he or she is welcome...

"Of course, of course! I'm ready to fully commit!" Mira's eyes shined as she was invited in and her approach was accepted. She slipped into the office and looked around the wide room. It was beautiful, so much room and that light made it a bit... dimmed. It was rather romantic looking, if not for Christian's tiredness and the many papers and folders on his desk. She made her way towards the windows, her mouth hanging open as she opened the curtains lightly. It was dark outside, but you could see the nearby buildings' lightings and it was just beautiful in Mira's eyes. "This is amazing! Woah, your office is beautiful, I really like the lights too! I wanted to get some lava lamps, with little pufferfishes on it, but by the time I got back to the store, they were out" she chuckled.
She looked up at Christian, and quickly let go of the curtains, then stepped towards the chairs in front of the man's office desk. "Sorry, we should get to right to the point. I'm sorry I'm keeping you up, uhm... sir!" She pulled her ORB out, though she wasn't sure where to start.
"Where should we start? I'm not entirely sure what to tell you first" she said, trying to put the fact that she had no idea what she was doing, tactfully.

Back