Chronicles of Arktika (Title WIP)

Kenico

Swordfreak and Master of the Pen
View attachment 1832
Arktika, a land undreamed of, where at last the warring races have forgotten their differences and banded together to become a nation of harmony...or so it would seem. If only for the convenience of subjugation through secrecy, the High Lords of the Known world banded together if only to avoid needless bloodshed and the loss of already dwindling resources.

An Empire, founded by Half Elf-Half Human Leon Staiger almost 100 years ago, was in a secret state of panic. The population, from the northern archipelagos to the Great Wall to the West, was beginning to become too great for even this land to occupy. The land was on the brink of turmoil as one of the worst famines to hit the fledgling Staiger Empire wiped out a crop that could have supported the population for years to come. The people were starving, desperate...on the brink of civil war as old hatreds began to rear their ugly head. In a desperate act of finding new land to colonize and grow, the Empire authorized grants of expedition to respected merchant seamen to explore the Great Ocean that surrounded their land. It took another 20 years...two decades that nearly saw the explosion of another bloody war...but the fruit of those daring explorers was immense...literally.

View attachment 1834
In the 20 years of these explorers, and the culmination of the various charts they made, the Empire discovered to their shock and amazement that their small Arktika is not so small at all. On the contrary, it was part of a much larger continent beyond their Great Wall. There lies a fantastical open land rich and ready for the taking. There were even more surprises to come as the people of the Empire began flocking to this Frontier, as they discovered they were not the first to live in this open world.

Alongside the various colonists that chose to leave their old homes behind in search of a new life, teams of archeologists and daring treasure hunters take up sword and pick. One such expedition, led by the Orcish Dr. Matthew Bone-Piercer, is preparing to launch itself into the deepest most uncharted parts of the Frontier. However, what began as an expedition into the unknown in search of discovery...turns into a nightmarish race against time as they accidentally unleash an ancient evil that has a score to settle with the successors to the empires of old Arktika...this where you come in.

Alright folks I have a new story to tell and it will require the services of a few daring explorers, adventurers, ex-cons, and mercs. They will take part in the most recent expedition into what is called the Frontier, a rich land that once was host to a lost civilization. When they get there they'll find it disturbingly void of intelligent life...almost. They unintentionally release an ancient evil and its up to these explorers turned heroes to stop them.

I will need 4-5 active players for this one, Openings are up so Hope you all like this one :3

Last edited:
I can't help but notice that the two characters named here have noticeably different surnames, but both have typical English given names. It is explainable by them being from the same Empire, but I'd personally suggest varying the given names as well.

I just pulled those names out of a hat but still I see your point. It is duly noted and thanks for the suggestion :)

Thank you! And I have a few characters that might work for this but I wanted you to give the okay on one of them if that's fine.

Coolio! Just send me a pm of them so as not to clutter up here. Currently working on the lore atm so I can put this and the Character sheet threads up so have those on standby :)

Welcome Aboard! And that makes 5! I'll make the OOC and Character Sheet! i'll get those up and I'll be wanting to get this going Monday! :)

Back