Critical Role

I've seen the first six episodes.
Though it's not often I can sit down and watch something like that for 3 hours straight since I tend to require visual stimulation/representation.

But they're all amazing players, and Matt Mercers a great DM!
He also does a great DMs advice series.

I watched the first episode and I think part of the second? It's probably bad I don't remember where I was since the episodes are so long. I'm the same as Gwazi where I can't just listen to something that long, but as soon as I do anything else as well I usually lose focus on the audio and end up missing sections. But I really like it. It's amazing to see actors play D&D; their roleplaying and Mercer's storytelling are just on a whole other level than the games I've been in.

I also watch Heroes and Halfwits from Rooster Teeth which is similar, but haven't started season 2 yet because I think I zoned out during something important last season as they keep referencing an encounter I don't remember so I'm gonna go back and probably just rewatch everything.

I watch some critical roll (They are amazing) but I get bored with on genre and rule system often so I prefer to follow channels like ItMeJP's "Rollplay" and Roll20. Great for long bus rides, listening to while I make dinner and eat ect... I'm really enjoying the Nebula Jazz series that just started on ItMeJP's channel, real fun/funny space RP that takes place with no humans at all. Adam Koebel and Matt Mercer are my favorite GM's and players(when they get the rare chance to play)

ItMeJP's Rollplay - https://www.youtube.com/user/itmeJP (Swan Song is a great space western, Mirror Shades is a great Shadowrun/cyberpunk, Nebula Jazz is a hilarious currently running space opera, Dogs in the Vinyard was a one shot with Matt Mercer which takes place in mormon wild west that never was. Great rp)

Roll20's channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/MsRoll20 (Burning wheel is great for medieval Renaissance era low fantasy drama, Sprawl is a currently running Cyberpunk fun, Apocolypse world is an interesting post apocalyptic setting)

Last edited:
Back