Cruelest moments?

Airryn

What was the worst thing you've made one of your characters endure? Be it betrayal, torture, gruesome death..I am curious!

Mine would probably be the agonizing death of a loved one at my characters own hands. It was a horror roleplay and she had the terrible choice of picking who would die..her mother or her little sister. She chose her mother and the other person playing the antagonist made it quite the gruesome ordeal. It really messed with her mentally not only because she was watching her mother being murdered but because when she was younger she had been in an accident with her father that caused his death. It was something she had always carried with her because she blamed herself for his death.

I think that character ended up at the looney bin because her mind had just sort of snapped under the reality of what had happened..what she thought she had caused.

So tell me! What was your worst? Doesn't have to be horror..could be a heartbreak!

Kastral watched her twin brother cut down in front of her, her husband executed by decapitation and finally her three week old son thrown over the castle wall, before being burnt at the stake herself, all before her eight year old daughter's eyes. Timara (daughter, named for her dead grandmother) fled to her uncles, who delivered her as a ward, to her family's murderers, where she managed to survive for another ten years before she left (by what means, I've never really been able to work out).

I think probably the cruelest thing I've ever made my characters endure is a sort of killing game between them. I was hugely inspired by an anime called Danganronpa at the time, so I had made a roleplay based around it. Myself and my roleplay partner had ensured that each of our characters had some sort of close bond before causing them all to turn on each other. It was pretty brutal, and the surviving characters definitely didn't come out of the ordeal entirely sane.

Cruelest thing I've ever had a character do is is have my character unknowingly beat the living hell out of his mother, leaving her near death due to his arch-enemy using dark magic to switch images with her. Viran thought he was beating up his arch-enemy while in reality he nearly killed his mother. Once the illusion was revealed, there was no gloating, no laughter, only Viran's arch-enemy simply saying "Fooled you"

Ugh ugh! My mind just doesn't go quite that dark. The worst ordeals my characters have gone through other than a couple of them having horrific things happen in their childhoods were" one being cloned if you will, so that her enemy could make this double do things in her name to get her in trouble. It got as far as her nearly being arrested and having no idea what she was supposed to have done. Another character went through an ordeal where she was locked up and kept hostage by another character who was obsessed with her.

I have sent my protagonist on a pilgrimage of faith, no food no water no shoes through the largest deserts to find a deity that had left due to his kinds faithlessness.

When it comes to roleplay, or just writing in general, I can get my characters into some...unnerving situations sometimes. I had a scene where one of my characters was lost in a labyrinth that the antagonist trapped her and the rest of her team in. Since this labyrinth caused death, insanity and hallucinations to anyone who stayed there for too long, this character was on the verge of falling apart. The last thing it took for that to happen was when she found the corpse of her sister. It had no eyes, no legs and couldn't speak because of a burned throat. How did this person know about the burned throat? Because she has the painful memory of brutally murdering her sister by stabbing her eyes out, cutting off her legs and burning her throat with a special poison she created. She didn't do this with her own will either. She had been possessed by enemies and now had to live the rest of her life knowing what she did.

I think one of the most heart breaking things that has happened in one of my rps is I was doing a Harry Potter roleplay and I was playing as the villain and managed to convince another character to abandon the girl he was minutes from proposing to and instead join me to take over the ministry thus causing everyone in the roleplay to sob for a solid ten minutes. I know it doesn't translate well through this but you have to keep in mind the guy and girl already had a kid together and when the guy joined my death eaters he took his kid leaving the girl alone and when he left there was just this moment where he threw the ring in the lake. It was super emotional.

The cruelest thing I've ever done to a character in a roleplay was make them believe the one man she could trust was consorting with the antagonist, a long time villain of theirs, enough to make her pull her gun on him. It turned out she was experiencing pareidolia, induced from the antagonist poisoning her with a small amount of synthetic cathinone ("bath salts") by slipping it in her morning coffee. She had become suspicious not long after, but she lost it after believing she saw the man and the antagonist talking when they though she wasn't around. Her friend was able to talk her out of he violent impulses enough to hospitalize her.

The cruelest thing I did...Hm...Probably have my character transform into a demon before his lover's eyes and eat a human corpse. (Lovely, I know.) And after seeing the fear in his eyes, he ran away, freezing the area around him and hiding away, believing to be an unforgivable monster. Eh, I dunno. Looking back, it seems rather tame compared to some things I've seen in movies and fanfiction.

Hmm. . . Based on my memory at the moment. I can recall two things I did to my characters.

1. Before the final boss battle of my friend's RP, my main character finally opened himself up to a then-fangirl turned strong independent type woman (whom is my character also) who then accepted him and they pretty much became BF/GF type of thing. During the final boss, she sacrificed herself saving her lover which in term screwed his head up causing major power up with a form of darkness that was lying dormant within him. The power up was necessary to defeat the final boss, but it was, imo, a cruel thing I did to my main.

2. In the middle of my friend's RP, we had to go through Time Trials based on past, present and future. My main's girlfriend chose to take the past trial, and her trial was to simply exit the maze along with two others. The crappy part is that her body starts regressing towards younger age. Within each age, she experiences terrible memories that she kept locked away, mostly related to abuse from her father and the death of her mother. She basically relived her life again but in reverse while her body was dying in regression. Luckily she and her friends escaped the maze. However, it was a type of trial that turned her from a fangirl type to stronger woman. . . after she regained her current age a few weeks later since there was no way to "magically" revert her back to current age ._.

Electroshock torture, burning of feet, water deprivation, starvation, forced canibalism, beaten up until blood covered the vhole body, mass gang rape, sodomy (all during confinement in prison in a RP). It served a purpose, making the character that much more motivated and enraged, to perservere and escape and get revenge on her capturers. Then she did all that and worse to them, later in the RP, before killing them, in a series of 1 by 1 hunts. It vas one of the RPs I had going on SV site.

Had a single character in a post apocalyptic setting...
  • Get her leg torn off by a terrifying beast.
  • Watch her friends and family accuse her of being a traitor because she sided with a local power over them.
  • Have her idealism crushed via a flammenwerfer scene wherein children were burned alive, and she heard them screaming for mercy the whole time.
  • Watching her become the monster she swore she'd never be after executing her political leaders to take over.
  • Having a son, that abandons her for a rebel movement.
  • Watching everything she built get torn down by said rebel movement.
  • Watching her son make out with a terrorist who killed her husband.
  • Getting shot in the head and killed.
That's one of them, anyway. :p

My character, Naomi, hugging her brother after seeing him for the first time in months, only for him to try and stab her in the back.

My character finding out he hadn't killed his father, but he was with God in Heaven. It would have been fine but MC had 'worn the crest' of the demon of Pride. In our little made up word, that basically means marriage with a lot more fancy crap evolved. So he was a demon, and his father tried to kill him, and he had to protect the demon of Pride, his 'husband' and sent his father to hell.

Played a character throughout a pretty long tabletop campaign with a few other characters. Toward the final battle my character had to watch as every other member of the party was slain. Probably due to the long period of interacting with those characters, the sense of loss was unparalleled.

Back