Should I bring a D&D campaign setting to tabletop games on here?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Need more information before I decide.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I am going to wait to see how you run your dungeon first before I think of joining.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Maybe, I have a lot going on, but I may.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KittyWolfSpirit

The Crazy Cat Lady
So for those of us who know it and played it, Dungeons & Dragons can be an epic fun way to kill time.

D&D is not far from roleplaying as you build a character and you play them out on many conquests to do this or that and you make a life for your character. This roleplay is set typically in medieval era with typical armor and weapons of those times to slay various monster interact with various NPCs (nonplaying characters controlled by the Dungeon Master (DM)).

I have been considering bringing D&D to tabletop games section I and I need a raise of hands to who would be interested in joining the fun. I will be hosting a modified form of 3.5 edition. It is a mix of 3.0, 3.5 and a little, very little bit of 5.0. I will post a custom character sheet to be filled our and information to help build and level characters. I have been told I first need at least 3 people interested in joining my party/adventure campaign.

Okay, for everyone interested in more information about D&D. Here is a direct link to basic rules on adventuring, creating a character, combat, and general rules. I do have some house rules that differ than these core rules. HOWEVER, they are not complicated and help the player more than anything. Example of one, I accept no stat rolls under 10! Negative modifiers can make a character less likely to survive as well as make them less likely to be able to succeed in combat, skills, and general actions. So I feel it is better to rule out negative modifiers.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to ask me directly here or in a PM. Thanks! :)

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop/players-basic-rules

DO not use the player classes in this area as they are not 3.5 they look like 5 E. We are using all Player races & Classes found in the 3.5 Editions Player's Handbook, the first one, not the 2nd one.

I am currently working on a way for you to research the player classes and races.

Races allowed to be played:
You can find racial description through a physical copy of a player handbook or the link I provided above.
  • Human
  • Elf
  • Half-Elf
  • Gnome
  • Dwarf
  • Halfling
  • Half-Orc

Classes allowed to be played:
  • Barbarian
  • Bard
  • Cleric
  • Druid
  • Fighter
  • Monk
  • Paladin
  • Ranger
  • Rogue
  • Sorcerer
  • Wizard

Last edited:
House Rules

1. Stat Rules:

1. I do not accept ANY roll under 10! I do not feel negative modifiers beneficial for gameplay and player experience reasons.
    2. Stats are rolled using a single 20 sided dice (D20).
    3. Any stat that has a 10 in it is a free reroll, you can only reroll it 3 times, if you do not get that single 10 to a higher number than a 10 in those then you take a 10 still. However, the first stat rolled on this reroll that is higher than 10 you MUST take that even if it is only an 11.
    4. After you have rerolled any 10's, you may reroll 1 of your lowest stat scores. Again, same rule applies 3 strikes your stuck with the original stat otherwise & the first one over the original stat must be taken by the player.
    5. Be wise about your stats, they affect your ability to play effectively. If you have put your lowest stat in a place that is needed by your character to be a high stat you have just interfered with that character being able to perform their job properly.

1. General Rules of Play:

1. When it comes to a players Hit Points (HP), I do not make a character roll for hit points. You will take the max of your hit die plus you constitution modifier.
    2. Each player will have the option to take either max starting gold to buy everything OR to take the starter pack for your class and max of the starting gold the starter pack offers. If you chose the starter pack you cannot change what is in the starter pack.
    3. You will not be penalized for not playing your races favored class.
    4. Spells are to be handled by your class, however you may cast after that, but you will have to roll a concentration check, if it passes you have maintained the concentration to do the spell. However, you will still be required to make a percent roll. Depending upon the percent depends on whether you were fully successful and cast the spell without issues or the effect is lessened. I limit this to up to 5 spells past their daily limit depending on the level of the spells cast! You will not be able to cast any more than that.
    5. You may cast 1 level higher than you have spell slots, however, you will be subject to the above mentioned required rolls. If both are successful, you have lost a good deal of energy and thus have lost the ability to cast your 5 extras past daily limit.
    6. I award extra story experience points for playing their character well or performing a task extremely well, especially if the task is a bit unorthodox. I.E rogue disarmed a trap that shouldn't have been able to disarmed at their level or a chaotic good character stopping a character from doing something evil.
    7. Your character does have a limit to what they can carry without penalty and cannot carry at all. This is affected by your strength stat.
    8. The limits are to help avoid over powered or over efficient characters like Mary Sues or Harry Sues & God tier characters. It is to help make things fair.
    9. A character can only wear so much jewelry, armor & general gear. The DM must be aware of what you are wear via your character sheet, if you change this please note it in OC to the DM.
    10. For sake of fairness for players such feats that grant you extra gold will be prohibited from play.
    11. Arms/Armor, equipment, feats, skills, and spells are limited to those in the first PHB unless approved of by DM prior to campaign's start or during character creation, although I do prefer it during character creations. IF, I approve an item outside of the PHB, a notation will be made so other players can have this option to use it as well as the cost of the item if one applies.
    12. Always try to stay in character (IC), if you must break character be sure you are making it known that you are. I will be providing a way to do Out of Character (OC) when the campaign is being run.
    13. The DM is God/Goddess and thus has the final say in things, even if you do not agree you with it. I am a fair DM, but if I must put my foot down I will.
    14. Respect other players & their characters! Do not insult the way they play their characters or them as a person.
    15. Bringing out of character knowledge in character will not be tolerated and will be first given a warning to not allow it to happen again. If it happens again, something severe with happen to your character for that. if it happens again, your character will be killed off and you be allowed the option to create a new character at1-2 levels lower than the party. If you do the offense, I will kill your character off and ban you from future campaigns for failure to oblige the IC/OC ruling.

1. Skills:

1. Knowledge skills for sake of ease will be treated and labeled as follows:
  1. Knowledge History: will cover History & Religion
  2. Knowledge Local: will cover Local & Nobility & Royalty
  3. Knowledge Arcana: will cover Arcana & The Plane
  4. Knowledge Geography: Geography & Nature
  5. Knowledge Travel: Dungeoneering & Architecture & Engineering
  6. Knowledge Arts: will cover Art, Music, & Craft.
  1. Knowledge Arts does not replace a craft skill slot. This just means you have knowledge of the craft, not that you can perform the crafting of the item itself.
  2. Craft Skills for the sake of ease I have listed the acceptable craft terms: alchemy, armorsmithing, basketweaving, bookbinding, bowmaking, blacksmithing, calligraphy, carpentry, cobbling, gemcutting, leatherworking, locksmithing, painting, pottery, sculpting, shipmaking, stonemasonry, trapmaking, weaponsmithing, or weaving
  3. Perform Skills are as follows: Act (comedy, drama, mime), Comedy (buffoonery, limericks, joke-telling), Dance (ballet, waltz, jig), Keyboard instruments (harpsichord, piano, pipe organ), Oratory (epic, ode, storytelling), Percussion instruments (bells, chimes, drums, gong), String instruments (fiddle, harp, lute, mandolin), Wind instruments (flute, pan pipes, recorder, shawm, trumpet), and Sing (ballad, chant, melody).
  4. Professions are as follows: apothecary, architect, armor smith, blacksmith, boater, bookkeeper, brewer, chef, court jester, driver, engineer, entertainer, farmer, fisher, guide, herbalist, herder, hunter, innkeeper, jeweler, leather smith, lumberjack, miller, miner, porter, rancher, sailor, scribe, siege engineer, stable hand, tailor/seamstress, tanner, teamster, weapon smith, woodcutter, or others may be available, inquire if uncertain.
  5. Profession skill will affect your craft skill by giving it a proficiency bonus. Your proficiency bonus starts at 1 at 3 skills ranks in profession. Every 3 ranks you get 1 additional proficiency point for that craft skill that is directly relating to your profession. I.E Your profession is a blacksmith and you have 4 ranks in this profession so you have 1 proficiency points you can use when doing a craft armor &/or weapon check.
  6. You may attempt a craft you are not familiar or capable with, however you will not get a proficiency bonus and depending on the difficulty, you may take a penalty or have the craft unsuccessful. The success in this chance will depend upon a craft check. It will be slightly more difficult for you if you are untrained to get it right.
  7. The following skills for sake that every class uses them in my opinion at one time or another and thus are not to be ever considered cross class or class they are to be considered universal and receive no extra bonuses or penalties in ranks: Balance, Climb, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Ride, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim, Tumble & Use Rope.
  8. As a note, just in general depending upon character sheet version these skills may appear as missing but are in fact just included as another name, in parenthesis is the alternative name: Pick Pocket (Sleight of hand) and Wilderness Lore (Survival).
  9. Speak Language Skill is one that must be taught to you and are thus subject to checks of proficiency with them. The more rank, thus more likely your language will be fluent and spoken accurately. If you fail this check, depending on how severely you failed depends on whether it was gibberish or half correct.
  10. Speak Language skill is only allowed so many of them depending on level, again I will have a progression chart for this as well.
  11. I do use Skill Synergies. See the PHB for which ones apply or ask me specifically. This only applies after you have 5 or more ranks in a single skill, granting you a +2 synergy bonus that does not stack.

1. Character Rules:

1. I do require some notation of family & background. I tend to bring in character backgrounds at times to aid in character development and fun for the campaign
    2. I do not care what color your skin, hair, or eyes are. They could be neon for all I care, but just know your appearance can influence Nonplaying character (NPCs) and playing character's first impressions and general impressions of your character.
    3. Make sure you understand your character's personality and background and play them accordingly. This includes their race's natural/favored enemies and as well as their society and how they view things. Such an example, a drow elf society under the dark goddess are a matriarchal society where the strong are only permitted to live and men live to serve the women and are often treated like property instead of a person.
    4. I do allow allies to squabble, fight or argue to make it more realistic. I will even allow it if the players wish to take it that far, to kill another player's character. However, chose this decision wisely because it can and may have an effect on party morale, general game play, and possible repercussions depending on alignment of your character and deity you follow.
    5. Absolutely no god tier character will be permitted. Same goes for completely over powered.
    6. Your characters are subject to my review and approval to eliminate this and you will be asked to change things if issues have been found to be over powered, god tier, or something is not figured correctly. I will be more than happy to help with character creations questions. However, I will not build your character for you. I will walk a new player step by step, but I will not create the character for you.

Glad to hear it, maybe if I get a few more people interested, we may have luck in getting it going. However, There wasn't enough thus far to get me a thread area granted for me to host it here. I need a minimum of 3 members interested and I need their Usernames so that I can apply for the thread section under tabletop games. But unless I can get that, it is a no go right now. :( I have been suggested to do a Roll20.com thing, but I really would like to draw more people here.

I would be interested in this if it was still going ahead. I have a copy of the 3.5 edition handbook, the monsters one and the GM's guide. It would be great to use them again. (Though I have no clue where my dice sets are now. Do we have an online version to role from?)

Back