D&D with That Guy!

That Guy

Lost Mine of Phandelver - Ask me for details!
Alright, so, I am trying to improve my DMing skills and so I will be running Lost Mine of Phandelver, the adventure that comes bundled with the starter set. Would anyone be interested?

I'd be interested! Although, I have only played Pathfinder and am relatively new to D&D. If you'd have me (and be willing to tell me if I'm doing something wrong), I'd love to play. I have a friend who has assured me that 5th edtion is relatively easy to pick up?

I would be more than willing to help you out with anything. First off, do you have any questions?

Not currently, but I'll be sure to take you up on the offer if I do think of any :)

Alright. Use Myth-weavers to create your sheet, and use a 27 point buy or 4d6 drop lowest for ability scores.

I am interested, but extremely inexperienced (for now). How would this go down? Voice/text-chatting at an ordained time? Forum posting? Is there still a grid? Does this use roll20?

In other words, I am intrigued but clueless.

I would run it primarily as a play-by-post on the site and have an OOC chat on discord.

Okay then, I am game! I assume my next step is to make a character using Myth-weavers, same as Maz up there, but what about after that? Do I PM you the link to it? Post it here? Wait for more members?

I'd love to help out! Ask away, publicly or privately as you wish. I know enough about tabletop roleplaying to answer most questions, although I just became familiar with this 5th edition of d&d.

A few questions.

What edition, which books are allowed, what level do we start at, and can we buy cool hats?

Also what's the discord link?

A few questions.

What edition, which books are allowed, what level do we start at, and can we buy cool hats?

Also what's the discord link?

ThatGuy mentioned the campaign Lost Mine of Phandelver which is 5e, so I'm assuming it's that :) can't answer any others, although I want cool hats too.

https://discord.gg/AmZuPtp

This is the discord.

5th Edition, and Volo's, SCAG, DMG, and PHB are allowed. You start at level one. I would say yes to two flavor item(like a cloak and brooch, hat, pipe, etc,). Stuff that doesn't have any mechanics or magical abilities, but is there for flavor.

Last edited:
Back