Danganronpa Normal-Life (SPOILER WARNING)

KatsuTheCat

See You Later
@Lea the mom friend @LilyBee
------------------------------------------------------------​
It was an exciting day, the sun was out and the bright blue sky was dotted with clouds. 16 students where about to start at Hopes Peak Academy, each with special talents. They where so naive.

Last edited:
Way before he was expected to be there, one average boy caught himself gazing in awe outside the front gates of the Academy building. Everyone studying here was the best of the best, the cream of the crop, and this was no place for an average fellow like Makoto Naegi. Yet, there he was. What talent could he possibly have to get him enrolled here at the Hopes Peak Academy? What talent would make him classmates with such amazing individuals like the Ultimate Baseball Star, the Ultimate Pop Sensation or the Ultimate Fashionista?

In all honesty, Makoto didn't really have a talent, and you'd only have to take one peek at his invitation to see that. Every year the Academy selects one normal student, entirely at random, and takes them in. This year, that student was Makoto Naegi. The Ultimate Lucky Student.

Yup, that's what got him in. Pure, unsolicited luck.

As he stared up at the school building, daunt made its way into his mind. He didn't have a real talent. Would he really fit in? At times he contemplated if he were better off just having declined, but the school also guaranteed success for all of its graduates. The prospect of promised success was just too good to turn down!

Once Makoto stepped into the main hall, still ridiculously early for his first day of classes, something felt strange. Dizziness? It was a little like that, yet in some way different. Makoto didn't have enough time to figure anything out before he eventually lost consciousness. He awoke later in a classroom, still alone, still fighting the drowsiness within him. As he came to, he noticed a very eerie atmosphere around the classroom. An odd surveillance camera hanging from the ceiling. Thick metal plates bolted over the windows. What really caught his attention was the pamphlet sitting atop the very desk he was seated at.

"The next semester is about to start. Starting today, this school will be your entire world."

What was that supposed to mean? Was that a joke? Regardless, one glance at the clock was enough to tell Makoto that he was suddenly running late. He was meant to meet up with the rest of his class at the school's main hall a few minutes ago, so he headed there immediately to find everyone there waiting for him.

"Hey!" A girl with big ponytails held up a peace sign. "I'm Junko Enoshima! Charmed I'm sure~" She looked different to the many covers of magazines she was on, her eyes where a little smaller and her chest flatter.

Junko Enoshima! Of course Makoto recognized that name! Who in this world didn't? The Ultimate Fashionista was on the covers of magazines all over the country, and the avatar of luck had done his homework before arriving at Hopes Peak. Among the masses of "normal" students like himself, there were internet forums dedicated to talking about the Ultimate students that were going to attend. Junko's name was all over the place. It'd be a miracle if he hadn't heard of her.

"Oh hey, I'm Makoto. Makoto Naegi."

His introduction to one of the ultimate students was expected to be a nerve-wracking experience, yet for some reason Makoto didn't feel quite as nervous as he anticipated. He did come to notice that she looked a little different, having seen her in person for the first time.

"You're the Ultimate Fashionista right? You look a little different in real life, ah, no offense of course."

"Yeah, they make the eyes all big an' stuff." Junko fiddled with her hair. "Anyway, nice to meet you, see ya around." She swiftly turned around to talk to someone else.

(sorry if I mess up one of the character's personality)
Aoi looked around at all the students, but she didn't talk to anyone, she usually would, but she was suspicious about this place, so she just continued to look around

Last edited:
((Oop, they dont know they're stuck here yet!! all they see is that pamphlet but it doesn't make much sense))

Toko fiddled with her hair, biting her nails so hard that it made people uneasy. She only talked to people if they approached her, but she had a bad stammer. She scanned everyones faces; she spotted a tall, dark haired girl with big spirally ponytails, her look quite chilling ((Celestia)). A girl staying as silent as Toko, eyeing everyone suspiciously ((Kyoko)). And of course, the girl of the spotlight, Junko Enoshima.

"Is that everybody?"

A booming voice echoed around the room. The source: Kiyotaka Ishimaru, also known as the Ultimate Moral Compass. The perfect hall monitor, who valued rules over anything else. His red-eyed glare was piercing, and his voice carried with it a sense of authority and firmness. He was clearly agitated by Makoto's tardiness, but wouldn't let that interrupt his agenda.

"As much as I'd like for everybody to get to know each other, there is one thing I absolutely need to confirm. When I arrived here at Hope's Peak a strange dizziness game over me. I woke up elsewhere in the school and immediately came here. I spoke to a few people and similar things happened to them, so just to be clear, did everyone lose consciousness when they entered Hope's Peak for the very first time?"

Aoi didn't say anything. Sakura said, in a loud voice "I did !"
(I'm sorry if I only play them for now, I'll try to play my other characters later)

"Yes indeed, that happened to me too..." Celestia tapped her finger on her chin.
"I thought it was just me!!" Junko's eyebrows furrowed.
Kyoko and Toko only nodded, not wanting to say much else.

A nervous nod from Hifumi Yamada, the largely overweight Ultimate Fanfic Creator.

A similar affirmation from the small and meek Ultimate Programmer, Chihiro Fujisaki.

"That's right. That's exactly what happened." The additional confirmation from Makoto Naegi, the Ultimate Lucky Student.

A bewildered "No way, you guys too?" came from the wild-haired Ultimate Clairvoyant, Yasuhiro Hagakure, as a response.

"What the heck? Why'd we all have to get KO'd for? And what's with this door anyway?" exclaimed the red-haired Ultimate Baseball Star, Leon Kuwata, who brought everyone's attention to that very door.

A large steel gate, accompanied by a set of cameras on the ceiling each armed with gun turrets. There was absolutely no way that any or even all of the students gathered in that hall would be able to open it. It was way too overkill to be part of the school's security system, and if anything it made the students feel even less safe.

DING DONG BING BONG
A screen on the wall lit up, showing the shadow of a figure.
"Puhuhuhuh!" A voice came from the speaker next to it. "Please make your way to the gym! It's just down the corridor~"

"Huh? Is that our headmaster?" Junko squinted at the screen.

"That must be where they're holding the orientation! Man, they sure put a lot of effort into the ambience." Yasuhiro didn't seem as stressed as the others, but that was more because the reality of the situation hadn't settled in. He truly believed that all of the strange occurrences were all organized by the school itself. The passing out, the bolted windows, the intimidating front door. They were all just part of the orientation, right?

He and the other students all gathered in the gym, anxious to see what was going to happen next. In due time, Yasuhiro was expecting for the teaching staff to come in and make sense of everything during the ceremony. Despite being the Ultimate Clairvoyant, there was no way he could have predicted what actually happened next.

Suddenly, a short bear that looked like some kind of toy, jumped onto the podium.
"Welcome to Hope Peak Academy!" He said enthusiastically.

"W-what the hell?!" Junko jumped back.
"This has to be some kind of remote control." Celeste added, obviously trying hard to stay calm.

Aoi looked at the bear "Who are you ?" she wanted to ask "What are you" but didn't think it was polite. Sakura looked scared now "H-How are you even alive ?!"

Back