Deus Ex Machina - (Steampunk Demigods)

Monster the Vamelfaer

Sells all the Shubi
Auroris.

A sprawling city, powered by steam and mechanical men, ruled by descendants of the gods themselves. Technology has reached heights like never before, business is booming both above and below the city, and everything seems to be going well with the world. That is, until the sun vanishes, plunging Auroris into darkness lit only by the pale light of the moon. Sol, king of the gods, has been murdered.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to bring the culprit for this murder to justice.

Should you choose NOT to accept this mission (you rusty lowlife) you could always take this opportunity to, say, seize the city for yourself. It’s ripe for the taking, after all.

The choice is yours.

Setting
The entire RP will take place in a single, steampunk-style city called Auroris, which is inhabited by three variations of characters: humans, automatons, and demigods. Technology, while restricted to steam power, springs and gears, and a few prototype electrical devices, is ever abundant. I also expect guns, top hats, and canes aplenty. (Would this even be steampunk if I didn’t?) However, though Auroris is both technologically and scientifically advanced, the city is also highly religious. Why? Because demigods are strolling about the city like nobody’s business, and it’s hard to ignore the gods when their children are watching your every move.

The Gods
There are two head gods: Sol the sun god, and Luna the moon goddess. Auroris itself is practically a shrine to these two gods, with each half of the city belonging to them. Beyond Sol and Luna, there are a myriad of other gods and goddesses. You will get a hand in picking these deities in order to create demigod characters. (Although all ideas will have to be approved beforehand.)

For clarification: the gods live in a separate realm, but are constantly observing what happens in Auroris, and will occasionally come down for brief visits.

Character Types

Humans
Really self explanatory. Your everyday Joe-schmos who have no special powers.

Demigods
Also called Demis. Half human and half god of your choice. Demis only have access to their godly powers if they have some kind of metal embedded into their body. This can take many different forms, ranging from piercings, metallic tattoos, or some may even go so far as to replace their natural appendages with metal ones. The more metal you have in your body, the more power you will have access to. (Just don’t expect to beat a god in a fist fight. You’re still just a half breed.)

Automatons
100% robotic creations that have somehow been endowed with human-like intelligence and emotions. Regardless of their intelligence, automatons are basically the indentured servants of Auroris. While they are technically their own persons, most automatons are owned and serve either humans or demigods. They have no special powers, but because they are 100% machine themselves, they all have a strong affinity to technology. Automatons must have a rechargeable power source, which can range from windup gears and small steam engines to rudimentary battery packs. (Be forewarned, electrical automatons are rare and prone to injuring those around them.)

Rules and Expectations

Consider this RP to be rated PG-13. That said:
  • While bad language is permitted, please keep it to a minimum.
  • Smut will not be tolerated.
  • As with language, violence is permitted, though preferably not too graphic.
  • Proper spelling and grammar is a must.
  • All OOC chat will be kept to the Discord chat, not the forums.
If you’re thinking about joining Deus Ex Machina, let me know down below!

If you know for sure that you’ll be joining, send me a PM and I’ll give you the Discord link. The formation of this RP (mainly locations and side plots) is still in the works, so consider this your prime time to offer suggestions in the Discord. Because this will be a Sandbox RP, suggestions will always be welcome in these areas, but it will be easier to have your suggestions put into play if you give them to me before we start.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or my co-GM: @Raging Glowworm

Let’s get this thing flying like the most majestic blimp you’ve ever seen! :D

Absolutely, @Enki! Would you like a link to the Discord chat?

With you that makes 7 people interested in this RP, so I'll be getting the forum up soon. I'll be sure to post a link to it here when I do.

Hello, @Smarmy! We are still accepting players, so you are more than welcome to join us. I've been told you were already sent a link to our Discord chat, but here's a link to the forum itself if you haven't already had a chance to read up a little on it. =) We're just getting the main plot under way, but the world has been expanding as well, so there's plenty of room to write outside the main plot.

http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/start-here.3628/

Back