The Taleweaver

Vagabond Skald
It occurred to me, early this mornin' while working on Armored Descent, that the lack of a native dice-roller here on the forum presents quite the predicament for those of us who are plannin' on running a tabletop game here. Is there a XenForo add-on that would allow users to roll dice in-thread? Specifically 20-sided dice?

If I recall hearing, we did have one but it was causing us some problems. However, it is being looked into (but would require hiring a coder in order to make it happen).

~M

It's more to avoid the possibility of any accusations of cheating. If there's a native dice roller add-on, every player can see the result of a player's (or GM's) dice roll for themselves.
Ah alright, So a dice roller that everyone can see the results of yeah?

Yeah, we had a dice roller, but it's currently disabled. It was throwing a lot of server errors and causing weird things to happen. We're going to get a new one done, but I can't give an ETA on how soon that will be. Until we get the dice roller replaced I've stopped making a push to get the tabletop side of things going here.

If people want to use external means of rolling dice, they're more than welcome to run D&D games here, I'm just not openly advertising around that we want D&D games hosted here until we get a new dice roller.

I'll try to see if there's anything that can be done to get the current one more stable for use in the near future.

As of now, I've still not manage to isolate the cause for it working most of the time, and breaking at others. I've not had much time to look into it, but after the server migration coming up I'll tinker with it and see if it can be brought back on.

I'll try to see if there's anything that can be done to get the current one more stable for use in the near future.

As of now, I've still not manage to isolate the cause for it working most of the time, and breaking at others. I've not had much time to look into it, but after the server migration coming up I'll tinker with it and see if it can be brought back on.
It's not super urgent, but I do appreciate it! Thank you!

Back