Akashic Arcana Disciplinary Division - Meixiu's application

Craig Leo

The Betrayer of Hope and Devourer of Donuts
Meixiu told herself countless times over the last year that she'd attended Arcadia Academy that she should look into joining some kind of influential student-body organization, while she still had the chance. There's been a long and hard fought war raging in her head: student council, or the disciplinary division. Each side hadn't been able to strike a decisive victory, which was why he decision came to her in her second year, as supposed to the first.

Which was why she found herself standing in the front of Christian's office, giving herself one more time to consider her actions. Though hurting someone was far from Meixiu's agenda, in the end the benefits of becoming a disciplinary division member was simple: it's make her stronger, even if it was more than likely to test her beliefs more roughly than anything else in her short life had.

You can do this. Meixiu didn't really need the mental pep-talk, but her personality made is impossible for her to not help out someone in need. Even if that someone was herself. Just knock on the door, smile, answer his questions and don't fail.

She took a deep breath, letting her confidence swell and build itself back up. She just needed to knock and it would be over in no time.

Meixiu reached up and knocked solidly on the door.

@Zangyl

Another loud but strong knock on his door pulled Christian’s eyes up.

“Another one? Really?” He asked himself. He had just changed out of his suit and was now wearing a comfortable t-shirt and a tight sweatpants. His hair was somewhat messy as he walked towards the door and opened it seconds after the knocking had stopped.

“Please, come-in.” He said and held the door open for the brown-eyed girl. He scratched the back of his head and smiled somewhat dorkishly.

Of all the things Meixiu expected to be on the other side of that door, she would have never guessed that it be Christian wearing such informal and casual clothing. He was a member of a royal family after all and there had been expectations.

Having those expectations shattered so soundly left her in a blank stupor for a few seconds, unable to comprehend a response to his request, or even to say a single word at all. Once she did, it came out as a stammering mess. "O-oh, your royal hi-highness. I... I didn't mean to barge in so rudely like this."

She bowed, nearly prostrating herself in an attempt to save face. "I should've made some kind of an appointment. I really hope I didn't catch you at a bad time. I'll stop bothering you now."

Though she said that, Meixiu wouldn't leave until she'd been dismissed. She wasn't entirely sure how to act around a prince. Surely he wouldn't like people walking away from him without his permission.

“Hey, i opened the door; you didn’t barge in at all.” Christian replied; smiling at the brown eyed girl.

He couldn’t help but chuckle when the girl bowed; his mind filled with joy as he recognized how distressed she was; he himself had felt like it on several ocasions. “Please, come-in and take a Seat.” Christian said and walked towards a seating area; more relaxed and comfortable looking than his desk and the two chairs. “Make yourself comfortable. Would you fancy a drink?” It was at that moment that he saw a glimpse of himself in a mirror; yelping quietly he said; “I’m sorry... i’d have looked more... royal but i didn’t expect any more visitors.” He the sat down on one of the two comfortable couches.

Meixiu still couldn't help but feel like she shouldn't be walking into his office at that moment. This interaction feeling a little more personal than the professional interview that she'd been plotting out through the entirety of her classes. Though, she couldn't possibly refuse him, not after he so kindly invited her in anyways.

Steeling her resolved, she ignored that voice telling her to leave and come back when she could actually schedule it properly. Instead, she made her way further into the office and took a seat on the opposite couch from him. "Oh please, I would not impose on you anymore, your highness. You already do me the favor of seeing me without any notice."

Her hands resting in her lap as she tried to keep herself calm. She would've felt better if she'd had her chi burst going, but she felt too nervous to be able to reliably control her flow of chi. So she had to deal with a slightly out of focus Christian.

"I'm here to apply for a position in the disciplinary division. I think I could be a valuable asset in keeping our wonderful students safe. If you would have me."

Christian simply laughed as she told him she wanted to apply for the disciplinary division. His heart warmed; his smile broadened and his eyes twinkled joyously as he spoke; "Ah, i just love your enthusiasm! Ofcourse you can apply."

He only then noticed she seemed nervous. His smile disappearing quickly, he fiddled with his hair whilst asking; "Are you okay?" He tilted his head to the side as he looked at her; his blue eyes focussed on her brown, eternal strs as his hands were comfortably gripping both his leg and the couch itself.

Meixiu shook her head softly, then took a moment to take a long and deep breath. Reminding herself that the only reason she had gotten to be so awkward was that she had been thrown off her game right from the beginning.

Once I calm down and the interview begins and I let myself speak from the heart...well, I'm sure I'll be fine. Passion and fire.

When Meixiu exhaled, she the transformation from nervous to calm was instantaneous. Her words were smooth and her smile relaxed, almost lazy in the way someone waking up would smile.

"I am fine now. It just wasn't what I expected. I would really like to talk then about joining your organization."

Back