[Epic-Roleplay] [Science-Fiction] [Mystery] [Story-Rich] XCOM - A Hidden Truth

Zangyl

A mere 3 years passed since the sad day on which the Council officially disbanded XCOM and offered an unconditional surrender to the alien ADVENT forces. Now the aliens rule Earth and with the help of the humans they have started rebuilding; thriving modern - seemingly - utopian metropolises with checkpoints at every street's corner. It all symbolizes ADVENT's promise of a better, more brilliant future for humanity.

However, rumors of sudden disappearances have been circulating through the populace and the struggle of retaining one's humanity has started to take it's toll. Those whose thoughts deviate even the slightest bit from what ADVENT stands for and those with the thought of opposing the 'peace' they created, are brutally detained and - very often - never seen- or heard of again.

Is it truly peace that ADVENT wants, or is there a more dark and sinister truth hidden behind the ever so carefully crafted facade?

xEvy7rD.jpg

Welcome to the Epic Roleplay concept i have been tinkering with for quite a while now.

Instead of the story revolving entirely around XCOM and/or ADVENT, we will be RP'ing as the 'little people'; those with families, friends and dreams.

The story evolves around a group of people who are done with the aliens and their oppression. They have banded together to try and see if they can do some good for the people who are not considered worthy of ADVENT's protection; the civilians caught in the crossfire. This group of people is still very small, but as long as they keep together, retain their humanity and believe in their ideals, there is hope.

People are focusing on rebuilding what has been destroyed and no resistance cells have been established yet. The characters you control will be the first to make that dangerous first step.

Since the RP will take place only 3 years after the official disbanding of XCOM - and 17 years before the events of XCOM 2 - XCOM itself will not be playing a big role just yet. However, i do allow and encourage so-called 'flashbacks' that allow you to explore certain parts of your character's past!

Because i know how hard it can be to get into the XCOM- and The Bureau lore, i will be designing and writing story arcs that truly 'ease' the roleplayer into it.

If there are enough roleplayers eager to get into the Epic Roleplay, i will create a Discord server to allow for faster communication between me and the playerbase < which is you!

NPC's will be added as the story progresses. I will control these, except when people ask to take control of certain NPC's. The addition and construction of new arcs and stories will be encouraged and welcomed!

Since i am a big fan of the 'The Bureau XCOM Declassified' and both of the 'XCOM' games, i decided to combine their lore and canon. I believe that if combined one can truly immerse into the world. I have decided not to explain how i merged the canons, because it would spoil quite a bit. Furthermore, characters would not know of The Bureau's existence in the past since... well... it was covered-up.

If you are interested in this Epic Roleplay concept, please do let me know by replying to this thread. If there are enough people who are interested and willing to join me, i can - and will - contact the administrators to get the Epic Roleplay forum set-up so that we can start!

I have already started creating a detailed Character Sheet Template!

I look forward to hearing from all of you and can't wait to set things in motion!

Heck, I'll be the 2nd to bite. Not my game play style as of the games, but I have never tried this style of rp before. So hell, I'll bite and see if I can get into it.

O H H H M Y ! ! !

3 roleplayers who are eager to join. And they all spoke up! I'm happy!
I'll get to work working on my sheets, people. If everything goes right and my schedule stays as it is right now we have quite a bit of time to RP!

Now, to wait for more eager roleplayers to join! :D

I’m really glad you think so, Emory!

Now, i’d personally like to wait for 1 or 2 more interested players.

For those interested and having said so in here;
@Raffia Kiryuin , @KittyWolfSpirit , @TheGreenerGrey and @Emory ; Please feel free to PM me (through the site’s ‘conversations’) so that we can discuss potentional story arcs for your character or in general. Ideas and the such are also very welcome!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Amazing, Genius!

Please, @geniusinmath do send me a in-site conversation/message so that we can discuss potentional story and character arcs! :D

I'm very glad you like it and want in!

@geniusinmath , go here and then add me - Zangyl - as a participant. Then write your message in the box below. If you need help, tell me!

@Day , i'm so glad to hear! You too, can send me a conversation/message in which we can discuss story and/or character ideas! :D

So happy! I can't wait to start RP'ing with all of you!

Back