ES:Sense Of Life

Geck0

Moooooosh
What if we had a grand space setting - but with magic replacing conventional science? Taking inspiration from Spelljammer, Warhammer 40,000; The Edge Chronicles but hopefully setting out on it's own!

Aight, races. In a basic summary there are gonna be:
  • Humans: Basic humans, from a terrestrial world.
  • Leppi: Fuzzy little humanoid moth people. About the size of human children. Not very smart, though they are sentient.
  • Naea: Plant people. They come in a huge range of sizes, and can get big enough to act as space vessels.
  • Coeti: Rather large fish people with narrow bodies like an eel. Quite arrogant, but eerily beautiful, and can swim through the air.
  • Sli'F: Sentient bacterial colonies, they have amorphous bodies which they usually keep in special suits to fit into society.
  • Zhis: (the "zh" is pronounced like the J in "Jaqcues") Telepathic reptilian creatures shaped like scorpions, about the size of a human. Despite their horrifying appearance, they are the most timid of the races.
  • Chorda: Super intelligent birds that resemble owls, they are as large as cars.
  • Watu: Telekinetic, telepathic rocks. They have inflexible bodies marked with a single rune of varying color, and make bodies for themselves with their telekinesis. The most magically attuned of the races.
MAGIC
The universe is highly reliant on magic and it's application is visible everywhere. For average citizens magic is easy enough to make life convenient, but some gifted individuals can perform great feats with their potential. The gifted few are called Haydn and wield energy from a dimension of pure magic, and each of them has their own weapon they craft, a mask they always have on their body (but I want to stress that the mask is worn elsewhere on the body for most), and a unique power only they wield.
THE UNIVERSE
The universe is similar to ours, made up of stars and planets and galaxies. It's different in that magic heavily influences the natural universe. The races are all beginning to expand into the galaxy for resources, but they have made contact with each other relatively early in their history.

you had me at plant people AND sentient bacterial colonies

mark me down as interested

I'm pretty damn interested myself. What would the plot be? And would everyone be on the one ship or multiple separate ones?

Good to know you're in guys!

To answer your questions, my idea for the plot was a manhunt. Fairly basic stuff I suppose. The idea was the people with a great attunement to magic would be targeted by a group with much less attunement to magic.

As for the ship part, I was thinking the characters would either be on a planet or in a star system.

Excellent, Crelarid!

Well, the post above yours is the place for the chat and the forum itself n.n
Unfortunately however I have not had a tonne of time to make it.

I'm intrigued by this entire concept and have fallen in love with the magic rocks that can become essentially golems. Count me in!

Back