Fanfic Recommendations

Otomos the Crazy

That Which Resides in the Stars Beneath the Land
Hello! I'm Otomos. OTOMOS THE CRAZY HYAHAHAHAHA!!!!

As the Title states, this is a fanfic recommendation thread. When you've already exhausted all of what TV Tropes has to recommend, hopefully this will be the place where you can find something that's still good, and not on that other site's list. Here, we can all share fanfics that have impressed us, or otherwise caught any one of our attentions. Of course, this is all a matter of preference, but who knows? Maybe we'll find a better appreciation for genres that we try to stay away from. Or not. Who knows?

Now, there are some small rules that I'd like for these recommendations. Don't worry, they're small.
  • WARN US IF THERE IS ANY EXPLICIT MATERIAL IN IT. I don't care if everyone that's joined the site is an adult, please warn people if there's going to be gory details or full on love-making. Some people just don't want to read that.
  • DO NOT RECOMMEND TROLL-FICS. I know that those types of tics can be funny, but they are generally annoying to read, and don't make much sense. Yeah, we shouldn't take these types of fics seriously, but it's still annoying. The only exception to this rule is if the troll-fic somehow manages to evolve into an actual story.
  • NO HATE-FICS: One of the most idiotic types of fan fiction is one where a series or character is bashed for no reason other than the author and/or reader hating said series. An example of this would be a Warhammer 40,000 fanfic where a character from that universe exterminates everything in the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic universe.
Alright, with that said, this is what I recommend using for your recommendations:

Title (link the Title with the fanfic URL):
Author (if inapplicable, put in "Anonymous Author"):
Warning (If necessary):
Series:
Why you like it:

Well, I'm about to recommend a fanfic I like. If you want to share one that you like, go ahead!

Seeya's!

Title: Conversations With Sector Z
Author: CrackerTales
Warning: None
Series: Codename: Kids Next Door
Why you like it: To me, this fix was very interesting. It's a story about a few moments in the lives of the Delightful Children from Down the Lane, where they converse with their KND operative counterparts. It plays with the concept of these children having a second soul (or at least a completely different personality) in their bodies. I can't say much without spoiling it, but I will say that it showcases that there are consequences for bringing back their old selves. One thing, though. Although this doesn't count as any actual necessary warning, please keep in mind that there will be a little bit of angst towards the end. It's not that much, but it's still there.

Title: Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons
Author: Somber
Warning: It would be impossible to list them all, so consider yourself warned for pretty much anything you're sensitive about.
Series: Fallout/My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Why you like it: First off, it's over a million words long, and I really liked having something long to read while I was unwell one time. It's quite grimdark but it has wonderful character development and tells the story of Blackjack who overcomes an incredible amount of adversity when she leaves the safety of the stable and enters the wasteland, but she's still going strong, despite having a few mental breakdowns. For me it was difficult to read because of some scenes but overall it has remained a beacon of positivity in my heart, and when things get hard, I strive to be like Blackjack. Also I adore the characters, and you don't actually need to know anything about either Fallout or MLP:FiM for it - they're just bonuses.

Title: 100 Beautiful and Ugly Words
Author: IronStatic/EloquentElegence
Warning: There's some sex, as well as a depiction of a bipolar episode which might hit a little too close to home for some people.
Series: League of Legends
Why you like it: I really like the concept of taking a list of 100 beautiful and ugly words and turning each prompt into a 100 word chapter leading to an entire story. There is some fantastic characterisation going on here and I had so many feelings about Jinx and Lux.

Title: Look To a Happy Ending
Author: RosesandEdgars
Warning: Unfinished/In-Progress
Series: RWBY
Why you like it: Ever since I read epicvictory's RWBY Watches Death Battle, I've been interested in Reaction fanfics (in which, the author makes an interpretation of how certain fictional characters react to something). In this one, some older characters reacting to the adventures of Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang. These elder characters are none other than Ozpin and Glynda. Oh, and Qrow, Taiyang, Raven, and Summer...Did I mention that this takes place while those last four were still alive/a team? The author makes a small interpretation of how they acted when they were younger, while also trapping them in a room to watch RWBY episodes. Yeah, it may not be that exciting to many, but it is fun to read.

Back