Fantasy Lovers

I do like it, but jesus christ I feel like theres always so much pressure. All these weird names being thrown around the place and the species and abilities and magic types and spells and relationships and states and countries and wars and places and complex hierarchies I just cant keep up man. :emoji_confounded:

I love fantasy, if it's written right. Minto is right, if there are too many confusing elements that it becomes hard to keep up with! But if it is a well structured and planned plot, then I absolutely love it.

fantasy is so immersing! I love to read and write in the fantasy genre. I promise you, if you see me outside of a fantasy roleplay, I've been hacked. I especially love fantasy books such as the Immortal Instruments series.

Holla! Everyone! My name is Professor Ryner Laten. You can call me Laten or Ryner. I um, I'm new here, and I was told that I have to get approved to be able to post with forums and it seems as though I gotta get a little not so much respect...but....credit for people to 1x1 me. So, to make a name for myself on this site, I figured I'd join this forum! I love fantasy! So, I thought it was fitting. Um....yeah.....Fixes Top Hat

I think I enjoy world building more than the actual writing. Creating a world full of unique races and cultures that are interconnected based on the history that I so arbitrarily choose is, to me, rather exciting.

I absolutely love fantasy and sci fi fantasy =) fin tou want to stick to traditional fantasy. Well I love Warhammer, Warcraft, Elder Scrolls, LOTR, GOT, Harry Potter, MTG, hell I even played Runescape as a child hahah
But yes I grew up with it. I prefer sci fi fantasy a lot more to be honest but I still love original fantasy

I absolutely love fantasy and sci fi fantasy =) fin tou want to stick to traditional fantasy. Well I love Warhammer, Warcraft, Elder Scrolls, LOTR, GOT, Harry Potter, MTG, hell I even played Runescape as a child hahah
But yes I grew up with it. I prefer sci fi fantasy a lot more to be honest but I still love original fantasy

Hell yeah, Elder Scrolls and GoT are my shit. But if we're counting sci fi fantasy then Star Wars is my all time favorite. But I prefer the Expanded Universe Star Wars over the canon although the canon's good too.

Hell yeah, Elder Scrolls and GoT are my shit. But if we're counting sci fi fantasy then Star Wars is my all time favorite. But I prefer the Expanded Universe Star Wars over the canon although the canon's good too.
I think we have agreed on a lot of things as I've seen your posts around the site haha =)
I Love Elder Scrolls but hate how they are milking the shit out of skyrim. Really just wish I could get my Argonian game =/
As for GOT. I love the show but... eugh.... I have so much issues with that last season it's like fuck... just.... god....damnit

Personally I think I loved Season 4 the best. I admit I love season 6 it still has some amazing moments in it but god damn. I mean sure season 7 had some amazing moments but it was just so bad compared to Martins writing and it felt so obvious in that season.... but there were a lot of moments I really loved so eugh I am so conflicted on that season
Season 4 and 3 are two of my favorites

I LOVE Star Wars but I prefer the original canon 1000000x more -high five-
Yeah the new stuff is ok I guess. It's ok. =\
But it didn't come anywhere near as good as the original material

I think we have agreed on a lot of things as I've seen your posts around the site haha =)
I Love Elder Scrolls but hate how they are milking the shit out of skyrim. Really just wish I could get my Argonian game =/
As for GOT. I love the show but... eugh.... I have so much issues with that last season it's like fuck... just.... god....damnit

Personally I think I loved Season 4 the best. I admit I love season 6 it still has some amazing moments in it but god damn. I mean sure season 7 had some amazing moments but it was just so bad compared to Martins writing and it felt so obvious in that season.... but there were a lot of moments I really loved so eugh I am so conflicted on that season
Season 4 and 3 are two of my favorites

I LOVE Star Wars but I prefer the original canon 1000000x more -high five-
Yeah the new stuff is ok I guess. It's ok. =\
But it didn't come anywhere near as good as the original material

True, I have the remastered Skyrim, but I'm ready for whatever's next. Even ESO is getting old cuz it loses something when it becomes an mmorpg (although cyrodiil multiplayer was awesome).
As for GoT, I still loved the new season, but I have to agree it loses something without Martin. But the crazy thing is I've read the first book and currently working on the second (I'm reading too many books to make any progress so far) and this is one of those rare shows that actually improves on certain aspects of the books. I think the casting choices were stellar and they truly fit well with Martin's characters. Martin had some weird details like Daario having blue hair and a yellow beard. Still, both the books and show are amazing, I got my Night's Watch costume that a bought this fall ready for next season!

And for Star Wars the EU books will always be canon to me. Part of me died when the new movies disregarded characters like Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo and Ben Skywalker and Mara Jade Skywalker. I grew up with these characters unlike a lot of SW fans so I understand not everyone knows or cares about the canon change, but the EU will always be better in my opinion. For example, the idea of making Han and Leia's son fall to the dark side was an alteration of Jacen's fall to the dark side as Darth Caedus, but Jacen's path was a billion times better than Kylo Ren's. Nevertheless, I will love anything SW so I'll be in theaters in a few weeks for the next one. (Can't wait for next year to see Daenerys in Star Wars!)

True, I have the remastered Skyrim, but I'm ready for whatever's next. Even ESO is getting old cuz it loses something when it becomes an mmorpg (although cyrodiil multiplayer was awesome).
As for GoT, I still loved the new season, but I have to agree it loses something without Martin. But the crazy thing is I've read the first book and currently working on the second (I'm reading too many books to make any progress so far) and this is one of those rare shows that actually improves on certain aspects of the books. I think the casting choices were stellar and they truly fit well with Martin's characters. Martin had some weird details like Daario having blue hair and a yellow beard. Still, both the books and show are amazing, I got my Night's Watch costume that a bought this fall ready for next season!

And for Star Wars the EU books will always be canon to me. Part of me died when the new movies disregarded characters like Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo and Ben Skywalker and Mara Jade Skywalker. I grew up with these characters unlike a lot of SW fans so I understand not everyone knows or cares about the canon change, but the EU will always be better in my opinion. For example, the idea of making Han and Leia's son fall to the dark side was an alteration of Jacen's fall to the dark side as Darth Caedus, but Jacen's path was a billion times better than Kylo Ren's. Nevertheless, I will love anything SW so I'll be in theaters in a few weeks for the next one. (Can't wait for next year to see Daenerys in Star Wars!)

I'm pretty sure I have remastered skyrim I think XD haven't played it since Bethesda killed my Skyrim mood with shoving the game everywhere but I loved it and remastered =) some really great times haha

Haha I'm not trying to say it was perfect but... look
I hate how Baslish basically became a clueless idiot, I hate how they handled the Sand Snakes when I never minded them and I thought this was just ugly brutality, I hated that Bronn lived and now he's basically Legolas which was a major blow to the realism of this show, I hated the Sansa Arya drama, I hated the Dany drama, I hated how Tyrion was an idiot, I hated that Melisandre didn't die, I hated no real flashbacks, I hated that Brom or other Bronn however you say his name i hated how he didn't do anything, I hated that Cersei lived and how they dumbed it down to these be good guys these be bad guys

I loved the train battle but hated how they got the gold and Bronn lived. Otherwise loved that battle
I loved the northern Suicide Squad thing. Favorite moment frankly,
I Loved ice dragon and everything with night king
I loved Olenna going out LIKE A BOSS
I loved the Hound in this
I also hated how few died and it didn't feel like high stakes GOT

There's a lot I love of this show but the last season still left a very sour taste. No the books aren't perfect but the last season felt extremely dumbed down to the point that it's a big dumb fantasy epic not how GOT was originally made
Nice man!! Again I love this show
KING IN THE NORTH!!!!
but I really was... Season 7 was one of my least favorite seasons. Season 5 is still the worst for me but this may have been second or third worst for me

I have been constantly fighting for Mara Jade and hate how far they have gone to ignore her. I still really don't like new Star Wars for ignoring her character which is a huge betrayal in my mind.
I mean I could go on and on but all of it is just eughhh... and don't even get me started on them being anti Yuuzhan Vong and how much I want to rage quit over that. I'll still see the movie of course I'm sure I'll love it
What's this about Dany in Star Wars. Say what now?

So for GoT I agree with almost every point. I hated Littlefinger's lack of cunning this season like that was the basis of his character and he was outmaneuvered by Sansa freaking Stark, I don't buy it. I was rooting for him up until this past season. As for the realism you're absolutely right. It seems more like a modern tv show where main characters have the luck of the devil. Jaime and Bronn should be dead, Bronn should've died from the dragon either by the destruction of the scorpion or when he flew off his horse to save Jaime. And Jaime should never have been able to swim out of that river considering how much freaking armor he was wearing. That being said some of the characters have undergone some serious development. The hound is one of my favorites at this point and everyone on the "suicide squad" was amazing together. Even though I knew what would happen that whole episode was a breath of fresh air. Also, I like Jaime's transition from Kingslayer to Jaime and I'm glad he left Cersei. I like Jon but I'm not sure how to feel about 1) his miraculous rescue at the hands of Benjen/cold fingers or whatever and 2) his willingness to submit to Dany's rule. I mean I can come to terms with Benjen but it was so lucky I think it would've been better if he hadn't been left for dead. As for his bending the knee to Dany it was a bit forced. Part of me likes them together cuz their strong personalities clash and it's kinda interesting to watch but at the same time we all knew they'd end up together and it feels like their together merely for plot-related reasons. However, Jon's still Jon and one of my favorite scenes from this season was his conversation with Theon (who's really being dragged out).

And don't get me started on Disney's complete disregard of the New Jedi Order, Legacy of the Force, Fate of the Jedi series (and of course a whole plethora of others like the Dark Nest Trilogy, the Darth Bane Trilogy, the Thrawn trilogy, literally soooo many stories they could've used here). There's no reason why Mara couldn't have been in the new movie as Luke's wife and speaking of Luke his EU version was so fucking badass. He was 10x the Jedi Yoda was by the time of Fate of the Jedi I hope the movies can do him justice now. I've come to terms with Jacen not being on the big screen cuz I'd most likely get pissed off at the casting choice. Now that I think of it I'd have loved to see Abeloth in theaters, she'd prolly give kids nightmares!

And ye, for the Han Solo anthology movie they've casted Emilia Clarke and also Woody Harrelson so interested to see how more popular actors do in a SW movie.

So for GoT I agree with almost every point. I hated Littlefinger's lack of cunning this season like that was the basis of his character and he was outmaneuvered by Sansa freaking Stark, I don't buy it. I was rooting for him up until this past season. As for the realism you're absolutely right. It seems more like a modern tv show where main characters have the luck of the devil. Jaime and Bronn should be dead, Bronn should've died from the dragon either by the destruction of the scorpion or when he flew off his horse to save Jaime. And Jaime should never have been able to swim out of that river considering how much freaking armor he was wearing. That being said some of the characters have undergone some serious development. The hound is one of my favorites at this point and everyone on the "suicide squad" was amazing together. Even though I knew what would happen that whole episode was a breath of fresh air. Also, I like Jaime's transition from Kingslayer to Jaime and I'm glad he left Cersei. I like Jon but I'm not sure how to feel about 1) his miraculous rescue at the hands of Benjen/cold fingers or whatever and 2) his willingness to submit to Dany's rule. I mean I can come to terms with Benjen but it was so lucky I think it would've been better if he hadn't been left for dead. As for his bending the knee to Dany it was a bit forced. Part of me likes them together cuz their strong personalities clash and it's kinda interesting to watch but at the same time we all knew they'd end up together and it feels like their together merely for plot-related reasons. However, Jon's still Jon and one of my favorite scenes from this season was his conversation with Theon (who's really being dragged out).

And don't get me started on Disney's complete disregard of the New Jedi Order, Legacy of the Force, Fate of the Jedi series (and of course a whole plethora of others like the Dark Nest Trilogy, the Darth Bane Trilogy, the Thrawn trilogy, literally soooo many stories they could've used here). There's no reason why Mara couldn't have been in the new movie as Luke's wife and speaking of Luke his EU version was so fucking badass. He was 10x the Jedi Yoda was by the time of Fate of the Jedi I hope the movies can do him justice now. I've come to terms with Jacen not being on the big screen cuz I'd most likely get pissed off at the casting choice. Now that I think of it I'd have loved to see Abeloth in theaters, she'd prolly give kids nightmares!

And ye, for the Han Solo anthology movie they've casted Emilia Clarke and also Woody Harrelson so interested to see how more popular actors do in a SW movie.

For Little Fjnger I kept thinking why doesn't he go over and manipulate Dany? Clearly she's dumb as shit this season so why not manipulate her. Sansa can't be tricked by you ok clear reason to leave. A character is god and basically knows everything your gonna do. Again yet another reason to leave but..... he stays cause MEH! we don't like Baelish we don't understand his character!
I don't like the guy but I respect him tremendously and it was clear they didn't understand his character even remotely

It's so stupid how they handled it. Dany has a massive armada. She takes the dragon throne. Right in front of Kings Landing. Euro sneaks his fleet into Kings Landing. HOW??? It's a narrow damn bay and she has her Armada shoved in it. How did he sneak past her twice? First he gets into Kings Landing and then he surprises her fleet. HOW she is in the middle of the damn entrance to Kings Landing. How stupid as shit is she. She should have the entire area blocked off. Sneaking in would be like an elephant trying to sneak in somewhere I mean how the hell did they not notice them
Also how does Eurons fleet teleport across the world to Lannisport. Dany sends the Unsullied and there is his fleet. There's no traitor so how did he know they were there and how was he able to sail a fleet all around the world when they had a jump start against him and he can still match them eughhhh makes no sense
Why did no one think of telling Olenna hey btw I'm an idiot and messed up the plan. Why did they never once tell her about what happened to their fleet
Seems pretty useful to tell your ally hey our plan fucked up better watch out
Why would you not tell them
Why does everyone trust Cersei? Ignoring how stupid this season is even Sansa pointed out what Cersei is like
What's happened to "I did not give him that poison but I wish that I had. I wish you would all drown in this same poison" sorry I forget the quote. Who gives a fuck about Kings Landing. Christ just blow up these fuckers already and I really hate that we didn't get that. They should have just blown up Kings Landing even if Cersei survived.

Bronn could have been burned but he jumps into the water and Drogon dives in and eats him. If you really want to make it seem like Dany is evil or doesn't know what she's doing and have Jaime and Tyrion conflicted on her, give Bronn a horrifying death. That way it would have made sense why they are freaked out and thinking this went too far. Killing him off would have been fine but killing him in a gruesome way would have shocked the audience even more.

Jaime should have been captured so we got a reverse moment of the previous season with Starks
I was waiting for that and I was sooooo mad we didn't get that
I wanted to see a Tyrion come to Jaimes rescue like when he came to Tyrions rescue. I wanted to see this but NO I guess that was too complex for the writers to understand
I fully hear you man
His armor weighing too much yeah. So stupid that Bronn just pulled him out

Hsha I love Hound Fuck yes!! And I loved that episode although I really wish more characters died and not just red shirts. Like I wish Dondarion also died and Hound became like ressurected or something but eugh whatever
Still great mission overall

I love that Jaime broke free but I think that took way too long and I fear they won't have Jaime kill her and will do something super stupid like Arya killing Cersei

Kind of wish Benjen got to do more but I still thought his role was awesome
By the time of the Dany John thing I stopped caring so I stayed out of the major fan divide there
Now it's like half the fans will leave if Dany dies and the other half will leave if she lives so it's like eugh

I still love John though. Don't care much for Theon though
I've got a lot more to say on Star Wars
Can we talk on Skype?

My Skype is Roluevasreisa

I would love to talk more there =) as I'm going to talk a lot more ok Star Wars and I know this is already super long lol

Sorry, I don't have skype.
Also, I read the leaked plot of every episode for season 8 (which I had promised myself I wouldn't do but my brother did so I was coerced into it) and it's ok, seemed a bit rushed but trust me characters die. A lot of characters die.
And I was really hoping Dany was gonna become the villain in this season, it seemed that throughout the show she was being groomed to be an antagonist at the end but it isn't looking that way. I mean idk why everyone thinks she's some amazing leader, she's proven herself incapable in politics, strategy, and even having a rational conversation. (her treatment of Jon was really shallow and she constantly got mad at Tyrion for doing exactly what he was hired to do).
And seriously, I could go on and on about Star Wars.

Sorry, I don't have skype.
Also, I read the leaked plot of every episode for season 8 (which I had promised myself I wouldn't do but my brother did so I was coerced into it) and it's ok, seemed a bit rushed but trust me characters die. A lot of characters die.
And I was really hoping Dany was gonna become the villain in this season, it seemed that throughout the show she was being groomed to be an antagonist at the end but it isn't looking that way. I mean idk why everyone thinks she's some amazing leader, she's proven herself incapable in politics, strategy, and even having a rational conversation. (her treatment of Jon was really shallow and she constantly got mad at Tyrion for doing exactly what he was hired to do).
And seriously, I could go on and on about Star Wars.

Well then what instant message tool do you use? And you don't have to lie to me. Christ I'm asking for an insant messenger not a blood sacrifice. You don't have to act and be like heathen!! Heathen! Using any site or tool apart from ours is Hersey!!
Calm down I'm asking for a way we can talk faster and your site doesn't let me talk anyways except for this
So what kind of instant message tool do you use

I want to talk more so can you please tell me what instsnt message tool you use. Please.
I'm not asking you to go on on another site
I'm not asking for your phone number
I'm not asking for your social security number
I'm just trying to talk to you normally. Again. Please

Well, that was episodic. I'm quite calm, I merely stated that I don't, nor have I ever, had skype. No lie was told on my end and as for instant messengers it turns out that I don't use any. I'm not the most social person so I've never had a need to. I use texting for like three people and I'm usually never on a computer, I only started using my laptop for this site recently. Also, I could care less what tools you use on here so your depiction of my screaming heresy is inaccurate and uncalled for considering it was in response to my telling you that I don't have skype.

Well, that was episodic. I'm quite calm, I merely stated that I don't, nor have I ever, had skype. No lie was told on my end and as for instant messengers it turns out that I don't use any. I'm not the most social person so I've never had a need to. I use texting for like three people and I'm usually never on a computer, I only started using my laptop for this site recently. Also, I could care less what tools you use on here so your depiction of my screaming heresy is inaccurate and uncalled for considering it was in response to my telling you that I don't have skype.

Uh huh. Yeha well I hear this from Every rp site I go on. Everyone thinking I'm an idiot because they worship their site as a god and don't want anyone using anything off of their site. Every time I go to an rp site and even mention having a life outside of their site, they freak out and act like anything I mentioned is a fake lie. It's literally like a living example of The Village
Yeha I jumped to an extreme because this is the kind of shit I have to deal with every time I try a new rp site where I can't talk to anyone outside of the site, they want everything controlled on their website and I feel like I can't even just talk to people as normal people. Not trying to convert them just wanting to talk to them

I am sorry I had to pull an extreme on you but I hear that from every person on these sites. I mention talking outside of here and they act like I'm a witch for even suggesting another means of communication as if these sites are run by North Korea.
And then people go far out of their way to continue lying to me just so they never have to leave their website.

So yes I am sorry I am mad when literally every person on the planet has some form of social media whether it's Facebook or skype or discord. I mean unless your in North Korea. So for you to say Nah I don't have any of those, I find it extremely unlikely
I am sorry for getting mad at you and lashing out I apologize. This is something I get a lot

When I rp I like trust, truth, honesty, all of that. I'm not trying to call you a liar. I am sorry if you took it that way. I'm trying to say this is a problem I get a lot with rp sites so I got a little suspicious. Well maybe more than a little suspicious

Uh huh. Yeha well I hear this from Every rp site I go on. Everyone thinking I'm an idiot because they worship their site as a god and don't want anyone using anything off of their site. Every time I go to an rp site and even mention having a life outside of their site, they freak out and act like anything I mentioned is a fake lie. It's literally like a living example of The Village
Yeha I jumped to an extreme because this is the kind of shit I have to deal with every time I try a new rp site where I can't talk to anyone outside of the site, they want everything controlled on their website and I feel like I can't even just talk to people as normal people. Not trying to convert them just wanting to talk to them

I am sorry I had to pull an extreme on you but I hear that from every person on these sites. I mention talking outside of here and they act like I'm a witch for even suggesting another means of communication as if these sites are run by North Korea.
And then people go far out of their way to continue lying to me just so they never have to leave their website.

So yes I am sorry I am mad when literally every person on the planet has some form of social media whether it's Facebook or skype or discord. I mean unless your in North Korea. So for you to say Nah I don't have any of those, I find it extremely unlikely
I am sorry for getting mad at you and lashing out I apologize. This is something I get a lot

When I rp I like trust, truth, honesty, all of that. I'm not trying to call you a liar. I am sorry if you took it that way. I'm trying to say this is a problem I get a lot with rp sites so I got a little suspicious. Well maybe more than a little suspicious

It's fine but I've only been here for a week and this is basically my first rp. I'm sorry to hear that you've had such difficulties in your previous rps but I didn't even know communication was a problem, cuz like I said I'm fairly new to this. As for my means of communication while yes most of the world eats, sleeps, and breathes social media I on the other hand dislike it and have stopped using them. I don't have an urge to share my life with a bunch of people I hardly know and to take random photos of myself, or what I ate today, or literally anything that people feel the need to show the world. I used to have Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and now I don't because I found I was wasting too much time on them and gaining nothing. I'm happy to talk with people on this sight but I'm afraid I lack any and all social media outlets through which to communicate with. So while I understand your suspicion understand that I'm an introverted teen who happens to live outside social media bubbles.

It's fine but I've only been here for a week and this is basically my first rp. I'm sorry to hear that you've had such difficulties in your previous rps but I didn't even know communication was a problem, cuz like I said I'm fairly new to this. As for my means of communication while yes most of the world eats, sleeps, and breathes social media I on the other hand dislike it and have stopped using them. I don't have an urge to share my life with a bunch of people I hardly know and to take random photos of myself, or what I ate today, or literally anything that people feel the need to show the world. I used to have Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and now I don't because I found I was wasting too much time on them and gaining nothing. I'm happy to talk with people on this sight but I'm afraid I lack any and all social media outlets through which to communicate with. So while I understand your suspicion understand that I'm an introverted teen who happens to live outside social media bubbles.

You've never rped before? Sorry I thought you were experienced and screwing with me as a result. Ten years of experience well more than that but I guess sometimes you start to make mistakes and get careless. So used to everyone around me being experienced that I forget some people actually don't have any experience

Ok so please let me explain
Some people well most nearly everyone. Uses skype and discord so they can talk to their rpers and be friends with them =) hanging out outside of rps. It's ok to be antisocial in real life. I'm the same way. I barely have any friends in real life since I moved here. My rp friends are my best friends. Maybe that sounds sad but I don't care. I'm not a people person and I despise the talkative arrogant soulless sales asshole type
I like many Love Skype and Discord so we can make friends and socialize together outside of rping. If you want to be friends with your rpers then that is the best way to do it =) if your not looking for that then feel free to disregard my advise

But I am sorry again for not understanding and getting mad

You've never rped before? Sorry I thought you were experienced and screwing with me as a result. Ten years of experience well more than that but I guess sometimes you start to make mistakes and get careless. So used to everyone around me being experienced that I forget some people actually don't have any experience

Ok so please let me explain
Some people well most nearly everyone. Uses skype and discord so they can talk to their rpers and be friends with them =) hanging out outside of rps. It's ok to be antisocial in real life. I'm the same way. I barely have any friends in real life since I moved here. My rp friends are my best friends. Maybe that sounds sad but I don't care. I'm not a people person and I despise the talkative arrogant soulless sales asshole type
I like many Love Skype and Discord so we can make friends and socialize together outside of rping. If you want to be friends with your rpers then that is the best way to do it =) if your not looking for that then feel free to disregard my advise

But I am sorry again for not understanding and getting mad

Don't worry I'm not easily offended, it's quite alright. I can see how that might be frustrating after awhile. Again I'm sorry to disappoint but video chatting is definitely not my thing. But I enjoyed are talk, a lot of people here are into things that I've never even heard of so it's always a pleasure to meet someone with some familiar tastes.

Back