[Fantasy] The West Marches

My lords and ladies, I come in search of someone who is willing to join a party of adventurers selected by the baron of a treacherous land to search for a kidnapped duke! Well, that's the gist of it anyway. The West Marches is a large multi-adventure campaign setting that I've been playing in for about two years. Small settlements, desolate cities, and expansive forests are all that is left of the once great Empire that thrived here; there are very few exceptions. Through these adventures, I've developed a couple of characters that I'd like to explore in a narrative sense. As such, I'll be pulling my two years of experience in this setting to drive the story with along with adventures both new, and old.

Now, the character that I will be playing is James Blackwater, a destitute ship captain who is currently looking for mercenary work and gladly accepts the baron's call for help. In the previous adventure, a wizard, rogue and ranger set out with Blackwater to find the duke. But we could make adjustments according to our interests.

With that said, you are more than welcome to create whatever sort of character you like. But the idea I'm particularly looking for is a love-hate relationship between the rogue character (who was named Sparrow in the previous adventure) and James. Sparrow is a spiteful rogue, the kind that fits the archetype pretty well in any fantasy setting, who is only out for herself and her sister back home. While the two initially hate each other, Sparrow's eventual death leads James to quest for her resurrection (it's kinda wonky at first, but is interesting enough once death is explained. Go figure, it's a fantasy setting).

As I said before, I'd absolutely love for you to fill out that particular role. But heck, I'm always looking for new experiences with brand new characters. Should you choose to play Sparrow, you are more than welcome to modify or completely change her personality. It's more than possible that the two never end up developing romantic feelings for each other after her resurrection, or even after the many adventures that are to follow.

If you have any ideas, don't hesitate to throw me a PM or message in the thread. I'd love to hear all of ya'lls ideas!

I've been wanting to do a fantasy-type RP for a while now and this sounds like it fits the bill of what I've been looking for! If you haven't found anyone else I'd be delighted to be able to do this with you. It all sounds very well thought out and I really like some of your ideas.

Some quick things about me; I've been RPing on and off over the past several years (though this past year had been fairly steady) and I have been writing creatively on my own for nearly as long as I can remember. I RP/write in third person perspective almost exclusively and am predominantly a multi-paragraph RPer. For the most part, I sit in the 2-5 small/medium paragraph range with length largely depending on what's currently happening in the RP. Description and scene setting heavy posts tend to end up with me writing more - so do introduction/opening posts.

Now that that's out of the way, back to the interesting stuff! I'd be more than happy to adopt the Rogue character, Sparrow and play her in this adventure. I really like the name, and to be honest, I likely would have created a Rogue character from scratch even had you not mentioned that you were looking for one. What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Rogues/the Rogue archetype in general - it's my go-to class in any sort of media/etc.
I'm very interested in the whole death/resurrection thing with her character as well and I'd love to hear more of your ideas on that/how it works etc. It has a lot of potential for being really interesting and fun to write, not to mention the impact and consequences/events that follow as a direct result of it.

Just one more quick question while I'm thinking about it. In your post, you mention having two other characters (excluding the Rogue) set out with your character in a previous adventure. Are you looking for other people to play these (stupid question since this is on the 1x1 board I know, but it never hurts to ask) or would these be characters played by us as well?

I look forward to hearing back from you! Feel free to send me a PM if you'd prefer to continue talking there, though here is fine too. :emoji_blush:

Cool. I take it you and bee are already in the middle of things? Is there a way to join you guys? Or would you rather make something new with me?

Back