Favorite Horror Film?

Barry

Horror films are home to the cheesy cliches or the adrenaline - racing scenes.
My favorite has to be the original Scream and Chucky series.
What's yours?

Probably I Saw the Devil (2010), Tras el Cristal (1986), or Mientras Duermes (2011). Though I've a soft spot for the Hellraiser series and Reanimator.

Babadook genuinely both terrified and really, really satisfied me. It was actually a good, intelligent movie, along with being terrifying. The anime film Perfect Blue also really got my blood pumping, but I'd say it's more Alfred Hitchcock style thriller than a horror movie.

Babadook genuinely both terrified and really, really satisfied me. It was actually a good, intelligent movie, along with being terrifying. The anime film Perfect Blue also really got my blood pumping, but I'd say it's more Alfred Hitchcock style thriller than a horror movie.
The Babadook was a well-produced movie. It was terrifying, twisted - just the way a horror movie should be.
I prefer the classics, but the new ones being filmed seem quite interesting.

I love horror and all its sub-genres, so it's a little hard to choose a favorite. Evil Dead II, Friday the 13th parts 2 & 6, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre have to be my favorites. I just love a good splatter film! Cheesy B movies are great, too.

I haven't seen a lot of people who really like it, but I loved Oculus when I saw it. I love scary movies that make you question the characters' reality.

Babadook.

The Babadook is a brilliant movie and I recommend it everytime. It scares without needing cheap jumpscares (which I'm all for but it's nice to change it up a bit).
Also, the Grudge is a childhood favourite. Watched it, cried and screamed, 10/10

I haven't seen a lot of people who really like it, but I loved Oculus when I saw it. I love scary movies that make you question the characters' reality.

Oculus is a great psychological horror! I love films that mess with your mind without relying too heavily on jumpscares and gore. I would also put the Babadook in this category.

I have yet to see It Follows but I am really interested in seeing it. Can anyone here reccommend it? :)

Oculus is a great psychological horror! I love films that mess with your mind without relying too heavily on jumpscares and gore. I would also put the Babadook in this category.

I have yet to see It Follows but I am really interested in seeing it. Can anyone here reccommend it? :)
It Follows is excellent!! It has a Stranger Things sort of vibe, and it is very dream-like and you never really know the exact time period of the film.

My favorite horror film is by far "As Above So Below" it's terrifying and I think the acting is decent for most horror films.

It Follows is excellent!! It has a Stranger Things sort of vibe, and it is very dream-like and you never really know the exact time period of the film.

My favorite horror film is by far "As Above So Below" it's terrifying and I think the acting is decent for most horror films.

Oh yeah! I remember As Above So Below, it's the only film that has made me feel claustrophobic. There is just something so spooky about the catecombs, maybe it's the thousands of skulls and bones down there or the fact that you can very easily get lost or trapped in there. Then there are all the urban legends and myths about the place. It's fascinating and creepy at the same time.

I will watch It Follows! Thanks for the push ;)

Halloween. The original from 1978. Flawless suspense with minimal action leading to a tense build throughout. Really just one of my favorites and some amazing shots and camera angles. It's very well done.

Birds. The original. I love all Hitchcock stuff, but that 1 is a masterpiece.

I've always been totally creeped out by The Shining, but I also love Fallen which is more of a psychological thriller.

Back